Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay working on major front office deal w/ Manning

Steamboat_Shaun

3 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

That Jim Osborne guy who seemed to have pretty credible info through all of this is saying Gruden walked because of Grigson and it is one of the reasons Manning wont do it either. He is supposed to write an article exposing all of this. Really hope he is wrong on that or else i will be ticked. Big name people don't want to work for Grigson, Irsay needs to accept it. 

Who is Jim Osborne?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No business owner in their right mind is just going to hand over partial ownership to a person that has no experience in the role for which they're being recruited. 

If I'm Jim, the only way I offer Peyton partial ownership is through some sort of vesting schedule that requires him to be in the front office 4-5+ years with certain requirements in place based on achievements. Anything else sets a dangerous precedent for future dealings.

17 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Oh wow, it just keeps getting thicker.  I'm ordering deep-dish tonight for the games for sure now!!!

Can't go wrong with a deep dish. mmmmmm

i wonder how Pagano feels right now and Grigson, as well.  I couldn't imagine working somewhere and having my boss out looking for my replacement.  

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Who is Jim Osborne?

He used to write for a Colts blog somebody said on here a couple days ago, or maybe he still does i dont know. I just came across him in the last week.  His information matched up very well with JMVs though. He knew of the Manning stuff weeks ago as well.

23 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I really think this is just a last ditch effort to get something done. No reports that Peyton is interested or anything.

Yeah that sounds more accurate but people will run with it because its about being first not right.

12 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

That Jim Osborne guy who seemed to have pretty credible info through all of this is saying Gruden walked because of Grigson and it is one of the reasons Manning wont do it either. He is supposed to write an article exposing all of this. Really hope he is wrong on that or else i will be ticked. Big name people don't want to work for Grigson, Irsay needs to accept it. 

Yeah I think Osborne also made a mention of Irsay's daughters. Who knows if or how much influence they have had in all of this. I hope Grigson is not the reason a move wasn't made. Both Grigson and Pagano deserve blame. If Irsay is willing to move on from one he should be willing to move on from the other. I find it difficult to believe that Irsay would essentially choose Grigson over Gruden and/or Manning though. 

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Yeah I think Osborne also made a mention of Irsay's daughters. Who knows if or how much influence they have had in all of this. I hope Grigson is not the reason a move wasn't made. Both Grigson and Pagano deserve blame. If Irsay is willing to move on from one he should be willing to move on from the other. I find it difficult to believe that Irsay would essentially choose Grigson over Gruden and/or Manning though. 

I think Grigson is liked way more then we think he is by the Irsays. That includes daughters.

I don't know that he would be fired even if it meant getting Manning. My guess is he would just move him to another role in the front office where he still has to work with Manning. I also don't believe Grigson is very highly respected in football outside of the Irsays, so would make sense that him being gone would be something that guys like Gruden and Manning would want.

35 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

If this fizzles out over ownership share then Irsay needs to get hit over the head....

Why?  At this point he has less front office experience than Grigson did when he was hired.  How would you have felt if Irsay gave Grigson a stake of ownership when he hired him?  If you do something like that it also makes it impossible to remove Manning should he not be successful.

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

I think Grigson is liked way more then we think he is by the Irsays. That includes daughters.

I don't know that he would be fired even if it meant getting Manning. My guess is he would just move him to another role in the front office where he still has to work with Manning. I also don't believe Grigson is very highly respected in football outside of the Irsays, so would make sense that him being gone would be something that guys like Gruden and Manning would want.

What are you basing any of that on??

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

To be fair, usually I break up with the old bag before I go looking for a new flame..

Exactly. Trying to find a new coach is fine. Trying to find a new coach while the current one is still employed, that's not so great. Especially if we're gonna roll with him next season like Irsay didn't just try to hire his replacement.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Neither one of them want to work with Grigson. Clearer now more than ever.

Grigson must have a hold on Irsay like Polian did.  It is/was their way or the highway...but all that changed last year (i thought).  I would think coaches would now know that they have some leverage in drafts and other decisions based on how all that messy situation unfolded last go-round.

3 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Neither one of them want to work with Grigson. Clearer now more than ever.

I'm not so sure about that. I am, however, sure that the local media can't stand Grigson for whatever reason. They will believe any negative rumor about him. That's the impression I get anyway.

25 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I really hope that Irsay wouldn't turn talented people away for Ryan Grigson. I'd like to believe he's better than that. If not it kinda reinforces the idea that Ryan has him in his pocket.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I really hope that Irsay wouldn't turn talented people away for Ryan Grigson. I'd like to believe he's better than that. If not it kinda reinforces the idea that Ryan has him in his pocket.

Exactly. Irsay has such a good personal relationship with Grigson that he won't get rid of him

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

IF GRIGSON STAYING IS THE STICKING POINT... sorry caps got stuck..

If Irsay is trying to keep that goon around.

Maybe the circus is what some have said about this franchise? It's a bummer to write that.

It's dysfunctional for a reason....

One thing is clear, both Manning and Gruden had to have some level of interest here.  Otherwise there is no reason to meet as a group with Irsay. A simple phone call can take care of the situation if they weren't interested.  Something was a hold up, maybe more then one thing.  Hopefully we find out exactly what it was.  Gruden acting like there was never a discussion is amusing though.

just like to say this confirms what i've said all along about Irsay's silence, he's trying to find an upgrade.....  I just hope something changes and he somehow pull this off.  we don't know the sticking points what so ever, could be grigson, could be money, could be control could be a number of things.  Ultimately, I have faith that Jim Irsay will do what's best for the team in the long run. 

That said, I just want this whole nightmare of a ride over with.....

3 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

Who do you think would like this news out of the Colts front office? I mean obviously Gruden works for ESPN so it would make since he gives that info to Schefter.. 

At this point, i can see Irsay doing it.   He knows he has struck out and is going back to the same regime that his fanbase is sick of. He can leak this and now say "hey guys, i tried".   I have always felt like Kravitz source was Irsay.  He claims to have multiple sources on this though.

1 minute ago, indy1888 said:

At this point, i can see Irsay doing it.   He knows he has struck out and is going back to the same regime that his fanbase is sick of. He can leak this and now say "hey guys, i tried".   I have always felt like Kravitz source was Irsay.  He claims to have multiple sources on this though.

I'm not sure if Irsay would want to do that. That could trash the chemistry for 2017 and start the season off on a bad foot. Which would mean a loss of $$ for him correct? Sales  down of everything if losses mount. 

All hypothetical of course. I'm gonna watch this situation closely before I determine many opinions! 

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I mean it has been said by multiple people. Now I don't really put much stock into the daughter's having such a close relationship with Ryan. I do believe that Jim does though

Ok,  I'm sure he had a close relationship with polian as well.   He fired him

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Exactly. Irsay has such a good personal relationship with Grigson that he won't get rid of him

The thought makes me sick to my stomach. Love Irsay but I feel like he gets too emotionally involved at times. Like he thinks with his heart and not his brain sometimes.