Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is 2017 a make or break season for Pagano and Grigs

gacoop1

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

Sorry to point you out, as many have expressed similar thoughts, but what would those two need to accomplish to gain your trust, at this point?

It's a serious question. Just trying to figure if there's ANYTHING they can do, or if you're just not going to be happy until they're gone under any circumstances (personal).

No, it's not personal.

But like so many here WE'VE SEEN ENOGH! Seen enogh to know they are not what's. best for this club, not even close.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Irsay would have to make a move next year if we missed the playoffs again, or he would lose a good majority of the fan base. And some of it is already lost after this season, no way it would end well if this happened again.

Fan bases are funny.     If the team starts out looking good,  then I'd expect tickets to be quickly gobbled up.

Then again.....   if we start 2017 looking like 2016,   then, as you noted,  they could lose even more of the fan base.       That would not be pretty.

This is a hugely proud organization.       This is a key off-season for them.      They have to get everything right, at least what they can at least control.     Another year of floundering will lead to pink slips.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fan bases are funny.     If the team starts out looking good,  then I'd expect tickets to be quickly gobbled up.

Then again.....   if we start 2017 looking like 2016,   then, as you noted,  they could lose even more of the fan base.       That would not be pretty.

This is a hugely proud organization.       This is a key off-season for them.      They have to get everything right, at least what they can at least control.     Another year of floundering will lead to pink slips.

I agree. Grigson really has to nail this offseason. This is their most important one so far, if this offseason turns out to be a failure like 2013, I can't imagine Irsay would keep them. And if he did, he better have a good reason because a lot of people will be ticked. 

I was for changes this year, but these are the guys running the team, if they succeed, this team will succeed.

This year should have been.

IMHO it should be at least a  playoff VICTORY or bust next year. It's all very well just making the playoffs when you're in the worst division in football, but that won't cut it in the divisional round and beyond. We can't settle for just being good enough to win the division. We need to be striving to beat the NE, Pitt, Oakland level of competition at the top of the AFC.

This year I need to see massive improvement. This staff should have gone on black Monday. Some of us think they should have gone black Monday the year before. 

I'm still not entirely convinced that Pags will be on the staff come training camp.

At this point you almost have to assume that this is was the plan laid out during there meetings last year . Fix O line lock up Luck long term ride the year out . Retool the defense between the draft and the 60 - 80 mil we will have in cap space . If the plan works we will be right back in contention .

10 hours ago, B~Town said:

At this point you almost have to assume that this is was the plan laid out during there meetings last year . Fix O line lock up Luck long term ride the year out . Retool the defense between the draft and the 60 - 80 mil we will have in cap space . If the plan works we will be right back in contention .

I hope so, but do not see it.   This team is thin.   Very thin.  No depth at all.   Maybe at WR, but that is questionable.   Every team faces injuries.   The Colts will have injured starters next season. 

22 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Grigson has botched free agency so far and last year didn't attempt it at all. With the cap space and a reasonably high draft pick he has no choice other than to go all out to save his job if he stays this season.

I knew from mini camp that we didn't have the roster this year to do anything so I don't understand why people had their hopes up honestly.

General Managers trying to save their job can be scary.  

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The colts start the season with the browns and 49ers....they better start well.

The point is the Colts are supposed to be in the playoffs as one of the league's premier teams. That spirit has left this organization even though Irsay has said the same thing. Even if there is any kind of struggle next season there will a lot of uncertainty and rumors early on and that is never healthy. The "building" stage is over or should have been by now. They need to begin being feared again.

I've pretty much resigned myself to the knowledge that Pags & Grigs will remain here 1 more season. Will I root for their dismal? No, but I don't watch press conferences regularly anymore like I used to. 

They will get fired after another season & then I can fully re-engage with this franchise. No, I'm not exaggerating either. 

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The point is the Colts are supposed to be in the playoffs as one of the league's premier teams. That spirit has left this organization even though Irsay has said the same thing. Even if there is any kind of struggle next season there will a lot of uncertainty and rumors early on and that is never healthy. The "building" stage is over or should have been by now. They need to begin being feared again.

This season was very disappointing. Losing to Houston twice is really unacceptable with Brock at QB. + they had no Watt as well. Just awful. I do defend Chuck at times still because I don't think he sucks like some do but I was for change after the 2nd Houston loss.