Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name three positive things this season.

Colts1324

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

1.gore will get 1000 yards if he rushes for 36 yards

2. we have our oline of the future with AC mewhort kelly haeg clark

3. we can have 81m in cap space by cutting robinson jones jackson langford and gore

Are you saying cut Langford for financial reasons?  He's still would be valuable for us next season assuming he come's back fully healthy.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Are you saying cut Langford for financial reasons?  He's still would be valuable for us next season assuming he come's back fully healthy.  

He'd also be 31 and costing us almost 5 million in cap space

Thanks for thread, nice to look at some positives.                                 1. This year gave some young guys experience, building depth.                              2. Started to see more of quick passing game.                               3. This was a learning year; for players, coaches and GM.

Please trade costanzo and just draft or look for a LT in free agency.  I feel like he's a weak link on the oline.  Mewhort went down and that didn't help things.  Clark didnt get destroyed like I though he would.  A yr off in the strength program should help him.  

I will have zero hope if Pagano is back.  Luck needs a coach to reel him in and hold him accountable for dumb mistakes. 

3things

Luck is walking. 

Kelly is a stud

Pagano may get fired

11 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

There are probably some positives somewhere but I just don't feel like this is the appropriate time to be discussing them after the letdown of a season we all just witnessed. Maybe in a couple of months?

Yeah I see where you are coming from. But I've been in a letdown of a season ever since we started off 0-2. I thought this was going to be our year. So I've already had those 2 months. The Texans game was the last straw.  Although I believed we would be able to make the playoffs and tried to stay upbeat about my colts, I knew we weren't going anywhere in the playoffs. 

I think most of these have been said, but...

1) Luck seems back to form.

2) Our young o-line played relatively well and will hopefully only get better.

3) Our TE group is solid.

Honorable mentions:

4) Old man Gore keeps on chugging

5) Our secondary seems about one solid CB short of being top notch.

13 hours ago, Solon said:

1. Run blocking. I thought our run blocking was pretty much good for the majority of the year.

2. Jack Doyle's development. I didn't expect him to play as well as he did this season.

3. Clayton Geathers development. He's never going to be Bob Sanders, but his versatility will surely allow us to create some spicy defensive schemes next season. 

He's already very much like Bob Sanders and not in the good way

Other teams are not so far in talent from the Colts. Look at the teams in the running. The Colts simply cannot come up with the right game plan losing to teams with much less talent. We never know how they will perform week by week and that is proof they simply don't understand how to play other teams. Buying the most expensive dog there is and not know how to house train it will make for some nasty smelling carpet.

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

1.gore will get 1000 yards if he rushes for 36 yards

2. we have our oline of the future with AC mewhort kelly haeg clark

3. we can have 81m in cap space by cutting robinson jones jackson langford and gore

Are you serious! 81 million? How many players would that leave on our roster though? I have done a little bit of calculating but I did not realize we would have that much available. 

Even though it was a disappointing season there are some positives for the future.

1. Luck looks like his old self and has improved his play with cutting down the turnovers.

2. The o-line is young and has depth now. I'm not saying the line is great but being that young and the play recently makes for a bright future.

3. Jack Doyle and Erik Swoope have improved and could be counted on. Before the season, many were worried about the depth and now they show they have depth.

4. Edwin and Morrison look like they may be good future starters. I hear a lot hating on Morrison because his play earlier but fans need to learn he was not playing mlb his natural position. I'm not saying the guy is a stud but for his first year he has showed promise and will continue to get better.

5. Colts may have a pretty solid safety group if they can keep Butler and with the play of Clayton Geathers.

6. The D-line has promise as well. Henry and Ridgeway can be some good starters and hopefully Langford can come back healthy next year. 

This team has gotten really young and that's good and bad. In my opinion it's a good thing but I also know when you have a young team there must be patience. These guys need time to grow and develop. If this team can get a young running back and a couple young pass rushers and db's this team will be really good. 

1. Luck is back healthy and shows he's a legit top QB when he has help.

2. Clayton Geathers, Edwin Jackson and Rashaan Melvin emerge as a pro bowl level safety, solid contributor at linebacker and a competent corner respectively.

3. Hope for the future for the offensive line. Kelly is legit, Haeg and Clark are emerging as competent starters.

And a brief glint of hope of a new regime for next year.

6 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Are you serious! 81 million? How many players would that leave on our roster though? I have done a little bit of calculating but I did not realize we would have that much available. 

Estimated cap is 60 m without making any moves. Cut those five and it's 81

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

He'd also be 31 and costing us almost 5 million in cap space

His cap hit is around 4.5 mill and he was probably our best defensive player going into 2016. He had 7 sacks in 2015 as he's always proven to be a better 3-4 DL. There is zero chance he gets cut in 2017 unless he doesn't recover from his 2016 injury . Colts wrecked his year by not letting him get healthy...

If you want another cut I'll give you Reitz at 2.5 mill. We have 6 better O lineman and Harrison as another decent back up. With Clarke looking better , no need to carry a oft injured reserve at that #.

15 hours ago, Colts1919 said:

I'll bet some people are going to be happy.   As in - all the ones moving up one spot on the Waiting list.

And unless Chuck and Ryan are fired - I'll be saving a bunch of Money next year. 

Me too, I just switched to GEICO! :)

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Kinda stoked on Ridgeway

Geather and Green look like they could set a new tone of fast,  hard hitting secondary players. By next year combine with Davis the secondary could be nasty dishing out pain. Range and hits make me happy.

Henry Anderson should get well and get better

Think Green needs to work on his fundamental tackling before worrying about big hits.

9 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

1. The season is nearly over...

2. The season is nearly over...

3. The season is nearly over...

Yeah that was my thinking. Be happy it's week 17. So many games where you just sat there and said what the heck is this ? Or something similar to that .

11 hours ago, dw49 said:

His cap hit is around 4.5 mill and he was probably our best defensive player going into 2016. He had 7 sacks in 2015 as he's always proven to be a better 3-4 DL. There is zero chance he gets cut in 2017 unless he doesn't recover from his 2016 injury . Colts wrecked his year by not letting him get healthy...

If you want another cut I'll give you Reitz at 2.5 mill. We have 6 better O lineman and Harrison as another decent back up. With Clarke looking better , no need to carry a oft injured reserve at that #.

Ridgeway is a cheaper option and has shown what he can do at constant basis plus we'll get Henry Anderson back at 100 percent

Just now, CR91 said:

Ridgeway is a cheaper option and has shown what he can do at constant basis plus we'll get Henry Anderson back at 100 percent

3 good players for 2 DE spots is certainly not "over spending " considering his 4.5 mill cap hit.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:50 PM, 1959Colts said:

I just don't see how everyone is saying how vastly improved the O-line has gotten.

I thought they stunk today.

They didnt.

The last 4-6 weeks, the line improved a lot..and Luck had time to throw on most plays at Oakland

...with 3 rookies in the line.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

we also have zach kerr and ty mcgil. langford is expandable

Yes , I know we have Zach Kerr and Ty McGill. That still does not make me want to see our best DL jettisoned because he has a 4.5 mill $ cap hit. Probably one of the few Grigson FA signings that actually did produce.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:07 PM, dw49 said:

Yes , I know we have Zach Kerr and Ty McGill. That still does not make me want to see our best DL jettisoned because he has a 4.5 mill $ cap hit. Probably one of the few Grigson FA signings that actually did produce.

Im trying to get our team younger while also positioning us to add better and younger talent like chandler jones or melvin ingram. Im pretty sure we can all agree their better then langford

53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Im trying to get our team younger while also positioning us to add better and younger talent like chandler jones or melvin ingram. Im pretty sure we can all agree their better then langford

They play a different position and why does langford have to be better than Jones or Ingram to remain on the team ? He has one year left at 4.5 mill and should be fine at 31 years old. Jones is much better and I'm all for signing him at the 18-19 mill per year it will take to do it. We will have the cap room to do it without cutting our best DL. 

15 hours ago, dw49 said:

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if we cut Langford. I neve really thought about Reitz. He is versatile, but seems to get injured a lot in his limited snaps.