Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Enough talent and scheme to beat the Raiders?

Flash7

Yes.   I would use the same plan as the Vikings, quick release throws and long ball control and time eating drives.  Keep their offense off the field.  I would expect more blitzes from their defense though.  Defense same plan.  If we can get a lead I would blitz a little more and cover the short routes tough with a lot of tight early coverage. 

Many people, when asked if we have enough talent to win this game would answer yes; however, when asked about Grigson, they would reply that the Colts are one of the most talent deprived teams in the NFL.

We have had numerous different game plans. Last week's game plan was beautiful. Short crossing routes, taking advantage of the short middle, and most importantly, focusing on the run game. I hope we can replicate this style of offense.

I think the Raiders are more talented than the Colts, especially their O line and pass rush. I rate both teams QBs and Receivers the same (although I think Luck is better than Carr).

So talent wise, the Raiders are better.

But the Colts can still win this game. And like many have said, it's all in the game plan. Utilize one similar to last week. Quick throws and run the ball a ton (Raiders run D isn't good), and neutralize their pass rush. Take shots down field when they are there.

On the defensive side, I wouldn't mind throwing extra guys in coverage especially on early downs. Carr's hand still isn't right, so try to force him to make tough throws early on. Blitz creatively on third down. Force Carr to make mistakes. The run defense should be okay. Murray is a good player, and I expect him to have a good game, just limit the big runs of 10 + yards.

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

My only fear is Chud will start looking at the Raiders defensive film and stats and tell Andrew to Bombs Away on every single down.  Wouldn't put it past Chud to do that either. 

If he do, would you be so kind as to go down to kick him in the nuts, krunk? I would love to do it myself, but it is a long tip from Denmark! :thmup:

3 minutes ago, Mr Clueless said:

If he do, would you be so kind as to go down to kick him in the nuts, krunk? I would love to do it myself, but it is a long tip from Denmark! :thmup:

If he looked at stats, it might be misleading. Raiders CBs play physical and ever since their bye week, Irvin has been rushing the passer real well, which has made Mack more efficient too. Thus the Raiders have stayed in games that they have not scored as much. 

I do think it will boil down to our offense vs their D that cannot be overlooked on the road with their pass rushers coming on. Please don't ask Allen to defend Mack or Irvin. :)

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If he looked at stats, it might be misleading. Raiders CBs play physical and ever since their bye week, Irvin has been rushing the passer real well, which has made Mack more efficient too. Thus the Raiders have stayed in games that they have not scored as much. 

I do think it will boil down to our offense vs their D that cannot be overlooked on the road with their pass rushers coming on. Please don't ask Allen to defend Mack or Irvin. :)

All the more reason to commit to short, quick passing to our TE's. Let us get this dink and dunk working with Doyle, Swoope and a touch of Moncrief.

3 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

what did he do to you?

MqfzEbtj.jpg

It's all the damn Homers trying to make us realists stop thinking the way we do its annoying as # you wanna be all sunshine and rainbows fine just don't quote me complaining about how I feel about the team it's my opinion no one else's 

I can't post my displeasure over and over yet everyone can post the same happy go lucky crap and it's no big deal 

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's all the damn Homers trying to make us realists stop thinking the way we do its annoying as # you wanna be all sunshine and rainbows fine just don't quote me complaining about how I feel about the team it's my opinion no one else's 

I can't post my displeasure over and over yet everyone can post the same happy go lucky crap and it's no big deal 

who are these "homers" posting all of this "sunshine and rainbows"? 

From what I can tell there are 2 groups of fans at the moment:

Group A - those who are unhappy with the way this season has played out but who understand why things have played out the way they have.  these people would prefer to be able to rationally discuss the issues that actually plague the team and ways that these issues could be fixed.  These people don't necessarily want to defend Grigson and/or Pagano, but find themselves doing so more often than not because of the whiny lies and misinformation that're constantly being splooged all over the forum by those in Group B (see below).

Group B - those who are unhappy with the way things are and don't care about the possible reasons for the way things have gone...they just expect real life to play out like a connected franchise in Madden.  These people have not only been constantly whining and complaining like the petulant teenager who threw a tantrum when the car mommy and daddy bought him/her isn't the color they wanted, but they've been going out of their way making things up that aren't true to further disparage the coach and GM, which forces the people in Group A to come to coach/GM's defense thus making them appear to be a homer, when that's not the case at all.

I have not seen a single person...not a ONE say anything even close to "our team is amazing, there are no problems.  everything is kittens and ponies"

5 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Group A - those who are unhappy with the way this season has played out but who understand why things have played out the way they have.  these people would prefer to be able to rationally discuss the issues that actually plague the team and ways that these issues could be fixed.  These people don't necessarily want to defend Grigson and/or Pagano, but find themselves doing so more often than not because of the whiny lies and misinformation that're constantly being splooged all over the forum by those in Group B (see below).

Group B - those who are unhappy with the way things are and don't care about the possible reasons for the way things have gone...they just expect real life to play out like a connected franchise in Madden.  These people have not only been constantly whining and complaining like the petulant teenager who threw a tantrum when the car mommy and daddy bought him/her isn't the color they wanted, but they've been going out of their way making things up that aren't true to further disparage the coach and GM, which forces the people in Group A to come to coach/GM's defense thus making them appear to be a homer, when that's not the case at all.

I have not seen a single person...not a ONE say anything even close to "our team is amazing, there are no problems.  everything is kittens and ponies"

Yes wanting the GM and coach fired means we think it's like madden 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yes wanting the GM and coach fired means we think it's like madden 

The point is instead of just over generalizing and over exaggerating a couple posts you've seen and saying "everybody does it," how about call out those people specifically instead of whining about something that doesn't apply outside of two or three people

We have a pattern of wetting the bed after a solid showing. Odds are that's what'll happen here.

All goes back to no confidence in our coaches for me.

We could win it with a game plan like last week, but I'm sure they'll try to reinvent the wheel like usual.

13 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The point is instead of just over generalizing and over exaggerating a couple posts you've seen and saying "everybody does it," how about call out those people specifically instead of whining about something that doesn't apply outside of two or three people

I'm just talking about everyone quoting my posts just to + at me it's getting old itm my damn opinion if you don't like it fine 

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm just talking about everyone quoting my posts just to + at me it's getting old itm my damn opinion if you don't like it fine 

well you repeating that same opinion, almost word for word, over and over in virtually every thread is also getting old.  If you don't like people pointing that out...fine.

4 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

well you repeating that same opinion, almost word for word, over and over in virtually every thread is also getting old.  If you don't like people pointing that out...fine.

Cool I get sick of the whole chuck is fine we are getting better crap but I don't quote them to be * I ignore it maybe some of you should give it a try 

How can you hate extreme optimism but be fine with extreme pessimism?  Being extreme is being extreme.  I think if you're being a realist you should be able to see the good and the bad.  Everything should not be "Clean the House" "This team is crap, crap, crap" because that's lying too.  Should be somewhere in the center.  That's when you're being real.   I think there's very few people on this forum that don't see the weak points of this team.  I think most of them/us come after you because you're really not being real either.  There's good and bad points to this club.  And that is "Real".

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

And im saying quote those people. Dont group anyone with a different opinion and hold them accountable for that one persons post. Its disingenuous to say the least, and more often than not, youre going to divert all the attention away from actual football talk and instead end up discussing what we currently are (or worse depending on who it is).

2 hours ago, Jason_S said:

This