Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OKAY NOW COME TELL ME HOW WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?

JohnnyUnitas19

I'm not saying this will happen to the Colts but last year the Chiefs were 1-5, they lost their all everything running back and most fans were ready to call it a season and work on draft position, the local radio shows were talking about maybe it was time to get rid of Reid and the GM took a lot of heat for lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Then they rattled of 10 straight wins and went to the divisional round of the playoffs.

32 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not saying this will happen to the Colts but last year the Chiefs were 1-5, they lost their all everything running back and most fans were ready to call it a season and work on draft position, the local radio shows were talking about maybe it was time to get rid of Reid and the GM took a lot of heat for lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Then they rattled of 10 straight wins and went to the divisional round of the playoffs.

Hopefully that will be us this season. If we mange to win 11 in a row, we would worship Pagano.

2 hours ago, JohnnyUnitas19 said:

PLAYOFFS REALLY ? NOT THIS YEAR ! We need faster younger defense and perhaps go back to 4-3 get away from this 3-4 !

How about I tell you how I hope we don't make the playoffs.  We need a new GM, head coach, higher draft pics.  Has to be in that order.  

2 hours ago, MSColtsFan said:

Win the South, which is a dumpster fire.  It's a truly terrible division. 

Hotty Toddy MSColtsFan!  Why do you thing the South is a dumpster fire?  Houston is a good team and Jacksonville has improved and had 2 really close losses.  They are pretty close to being good.  I would say that the Colts are more of a dumpster fire than the division.  

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

Hotty Toddy MSColtsFan!  Why do you thing the South is a dumpster fire?  Houston is a good team and Jacksonville has improved and had 2 really close losses.  They are pretty close to being good.  I would say that the Colts are more of a dumpster fire than the division.  

HYDR!!!!!  

Young and coming, sure.  But not there yet.  I like what the Jags have done for sure.  The Titans I'm not as big a fan of where they seem to be going, but Mularkey seems to want the ground and pound.  I don't know if that's the path to NFL championships any more.  And I think Mariota is proving to be a problem - as well as they run the ball, they rank near the bottom in every passing stat... he may not be the long term answer. 

It's funny, to me, that all three have focused a great deal on D, likely based as much on how to beat the Colts all these years as anything else.  And the returns are, so far, great. The three of them all rank in the top half of the NFL in total defense right now (as all three were last year too).  The flip side to that, though, is they all rank in the bottom half offensively, (Titans 16th due largely to being 4th in rushing, 25th passing).  

If the Texans are the standard barer, and they are the defending South champs, lets see what happens in the next three weeks - the Vikings, Colts and Broncos are all coming.  With all the warts, I still thought and think the Colts could be the class of the division.  But that was as much about nobody else being ready to win it as the Colts being the best in the South. 

I think it's still the worst division in the AFC.  Maybe not for long. 

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

THIS is why you have been missed around here.

Colts will be the same as the Giants team that upset the Pats. No one expected it. Everyone is high on the teams that are doing well, they still have Houston winning the division even without Watt & despite Osweiler being the average QB John Elway said he was and why he let him walk out of Denver 

Look anything is possible if we win two in a row and even up at 3-3 I'll be more positive but right now I'm bleeding Colt blue and no one seems to be bringing any bandages. I still think Pagano can pull a defense together but its hard to make chicken salad with chicken excrement if you get my drift. We need to have a  draft a real stud defensive player ,sign some very good free agents and shore up the offensive line ASAP:applause:

:edit:  by CBF

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

We have losses of 4, 14 and 3 so we have 2 close losses too.

1 hour ago, Tracy Denton said:

We have losses of 4, 14 and 3 so we have 2 close losses too.

Yes but we've been trending down and have gotten way behind in all of those games.  The only thing that has changed with this team is the fact that we used to have miraculous comebacks and win those games.  We're so talent depleted that this is no longer the case unfortunately.  

We will win a lot of games this year as soon as we realize we can't be the Old Colts anymore!  The Old Colts from when we first hired Pagano could play sloppy because the division truly was bad.  Now that the division has improved it's still totally winnable, but not if you are playing sloppy football.  The New Colts in the improved AFC South can no longer play sloppy football and expect to pull these games out all the time like we did in the beginning.  Now we have to cut out all these turnovers and start catching the football to maintain drives and put up points. The running game is there so that's not the issue,  we do a fairly decent job of pass blocking with all our starters healthy.  It could be better, but that's not what's holding this team back.   Defensively speaking the New Colts in the improved AFC South have to have championship level tackling and stop giving up Run After Catch yardage.  

The pass rush is what it is, but as I mentioned in another post we would be at least 3-1 right now if it were not for Turnovers and People dropping the football killing drives. We could have that record right now even with the bad pass rush if we could clean this mess up and it's Very Doable!  That's the part that just boils my blood.  The problems with this team are heavily related to execution and people Doing Their Jobs more than any other factor.    I don't care what you say about our personnel being this that or the other.  All of these things I listed are very much under our control and they can be fixed. This team will win multiple games if we clean these areas up.  The AFC South has improved, but it's not by leaps and bounds.  It's still very winnable but not if we are the Old Colts.   We have to be the New Colts to take this thing.

19 hours ago, GoDeep said:

When we ran a 4-3, many fans were begging for a 3-4.

Coaching.

Youre rs right I hated the Tampa 2 bend but don't break defense.  But with Grigson drafting players we mine as well go back to that.  Grigson signs players and draft defense players that fit the vanilla 4-3 zone Tampa 2 cover 2 whatever you wanna call it.  So even if the Tampa 2 is a bad defense because teams can just dink and dunk on us all day we still need to use that defense all because of me Grigson.  Grigson should get the worst GM of the year award this year last year and the year before that!!