Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Are We Paying Allen For?

Defjamz26

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

Allen is a physical beast. But he has horrible hands and looks like he's running in a foot of sand. He seems to always be on the injury report if not already inactive. 

Doyle is a warrior he definitely doesn't have the physical attributes as Allen but he makes up for it in heart and guts! 

For the money I'm taking Doyle all day! 

Allen was good his rookie year. What the heck happened to him? 

I wanted Fleener back more than anybody. I thought we should have done everything possible to bring both back. But Allen's on pace for over 600 yards and 5 TD's. I don't know. We'll see here in 3-4 more games who's having the better year between the 2.

On 9/30/2016 at 8:54 PM, Carlos Danger said:

I don't get this thread... What's wrong with Allen? He had a drop? 

He bails out the O-Line on a regular basis. He's a pretty reliable route runner and pass catcher. Doyle is good, but you need 2, really. 

He had several key drops again today

On 10/2/2016 at 0:11 PM, Stephen said:

He had several key drops again today

You are correct, sir... I may have spoke too highly of him earlier in the thread. His drops have been especially costly, like Fleener's when he was here.

I hate to admit it, but i'm starting to sympathize with many of the forum members who i'd branded "malcontents" in the past. I didn't consider our team to be a realistic SB team, but I did not think we would drop 3 of the first 4 and look so sloppy.

At some point, I guess, you have to admit that we ought not be so talent-starved at this point in the Pagano/Grigson era. We haven't been hamstrung by the cap, we just haven't done a good enough job coaching or bringing in talent. 

I'm sure there are some people here that are thinking "yeah, and the sky is blue" but I honestly expected much better than we've seen this season. 

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

You are correct, sir... I may have spoke too highly of him earlier in the thread. His drops have been especially costly, like Fleener's when he was here.

I hate to admit it, but i'm starting to sympathize with many of the forum members who i'd branded "malcontents" in the past. I didn't consider our team to be a realistic SB team, but I did not think we would drop 3 of the first 4 and look so sloppy.

At some point, I guess, you have to admit that we ought not be so talent-starved at this point in the Pagano/Grigson era. We haven't been hamstrung by the cap, we just haven't done a good enough job coaching or bringing in talent. 

I'm sure there are some people here that are thinking "yeah, and the sky is blue" but I honestly expected much better than we've seen this season. 

I honestly expected this team to be 3-1 at this point. But that was all predicated on the fact that our offense would be aggressive, explosive, and actually try to attack opposing defenses. But there's none of that, no sense of urgency, instead it's just total complacency across the board, except for a handful of players. And the defense is SO bad. Not a winning recipe.