Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

On 12/11/2016 at 4:30 PM, 21isSuperman said:

I think Philbin needs to go since the OL is still bad even though that's his apparent specialty.  I think Pagano needs to go and the reasons for that are well-established.  I think Chud needs to go because his playcalling is downright awful at times.  I think Monachino needs to go because the defense is way too vanilla for my liking.  Bottom line: clean house

I know your post was made 11 days ago,  but in the last 6 games the Colts have given up just 9 sacks,  and that's while consistently playing two rookies and now playing 3 rookies.

You still want to fire Philbin?!?

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know your post was made 11 days ago,  but in the last 6 games the Colts have given up just 9 sacks,  and that's while consistently playing two rookies and now playing 3 rookies.

I'm of the opinion we should clean house.  Getting rid of Pagano, Chud, Monachino, and Grigson would almost certainly mean getting rid of the other positional coaches. 

Regarding the specifics of what you said, even though sack numbers are low, Luck is still getting hit.  He took 13 hits in the Houston game alone

On 2016-12-22 at 11:26 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Did you see Luck take those hits against Oakland?

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Did you see Luck take those hits against Oakland?

Zero sacks today.      QB's take hits in every game.     It's football.

If you're not happy with the improvement you've seen over the course of the season then I don't know what you want?      6 sacks now in the last 10 games.       And we're playing 3 rookies and Harrison, a 4th year player.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Zero sacks today.      QB's take hits in every game.     It's football.

If you're not happy with the improvement you've seen over the course of the season then I don't know what you want?      6 sacks now in the last 10 games.       And we're playing 3 rookies and Harrison, a 4th year player.

It's not just about sacks.  Yes, every QB takes hits, but Luck took 13 (!) of them against Houston.  Sack numbers can be reduced by your QB getting rid of the ball quickly, but that doesn't mean the OL is doing a good job.  Luck continues to get hit.  Don't get so focused on sack numbers

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

It's not just about sacks.  Yes, every QB takes hits, but Luck took 13 (!) of them against Houston.  Sack numbers can be reduced by your QB getting rid of the ball quickly, but that doesn't mean the OL is doing a good job.  Luck continues to get hit.  Don't get so focused on sack numbers

And part of the large number of hits that Luck takes is because he chooses to take them.

He holds onto the ball waiting for a receiver to come free.     He can get rid of the ball sooner and throw it away if he chooses.      But he chooses not to and so he takes more hits.       It's not all on the line.       And it's been that way all five years Luck has been the QB.

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And part of the large number of hits that Luck takes is because he chooses to take them.

He holds onto the ball waiting for a receiver to come free.     He can get rid of the ball sooner and throw it away if he chooses.      But he chooses not to and so he takes more hits.       It's not all on the line.       And it's been that way all five years Luck has been the QB.

It's not all on the line, but a lot of it is.  My point is that just because we aren't giving up sacks, doesn't mean the OL is doing a good job

On 12/24/2016 at 7:27 PM, 21isSuperman said:

i agree

8 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

It's not all on the line, but a lot of it is.  My point is that just because we aren't giving up sacks, doesn't mean the OL is doing a good job

It isn't doing a good job.

For one year together under a new coach,  it's doing a very good job.   Is it good enough?     Not yet.    But it's clear that it should get there.     Philbin is the guy.     I don't know why you'd fire a very good line coach who has done a good job after one year.      One year.      One.

If we clear out Grigson and Pagano,  I hope Irsay tells whoever he hires to bring back Philbin.     He earned his money and then some this year.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For one year together under a new coach,  it's doing a very good job.   Is it good enough?     Not yet.    But it's clear that it should get there.     Philbin is the guy.     I don't know why you'd fire a very good line coach who has done a good job after one year.      One year.      One.

If we clear out Grigson and Pagano,  I hope Irsay tells whoever he hires to bring back Philbin.     He earned his money and then some this year.

philbin is turning the line around, that much is clear.

On 12/25/2016 at 4:00 PM, 21isSuperman said:

It's not all on the line nor is it all on Luck.  Yes, Luck holds the ball, but the Colts have run a vertical offense since Luck got here.

Effeciency isn't the only reason the league has largely gone to a quick rather passing game.  It protects the QB.

On 12/26/2016 at 0:41 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Totally agree. Philbin did a pretty good job. 

On 1/16/2017 at 1:25 PM, colt18 said:

I like Pagano, I really do. However, when you are a defensive minded coach and you've had an underwhelming defense for the entirety of your tenure....it's time to go. Irsay, quit messing around and get on with it.

I dislike Pagano, as a coach and as a human being, but the talent on that side of the ball is pathetic.

12 hours ago, BOTT said:

I dislike Pagano, as a coach and as a human being, but the talent on that side of the ball is pathetic.

It's more than pathetic. We really decided to skip Landon Collins for Philip Dorsett and then took TJ * Green the very next draft.....smh