Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck, I see potential, but I just don't know

YourNextGM

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's basically Eli Manning w/o the organizational help.  The one thing he's exceptional at is using his feet and he wont even do that consistently.  

People really need to stop overrating his arm.  I dont care if he threw it 70yrds at pro day,  at times he looks like chad Pennington out there.  Just lobbing passes around w/ lil to no velocity.  

And I obviously was joking about Watson and Kaaya,  but Luck is Overrated.  Game was set up for him to win and he wet the bed.  Again.  

2 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

He's basically Eli Manning w/o the organizational help.  The one thing he's exceptional at is using his feet and he wont even do that consistently.  

People really need to stop overrating his arm.  I dont care if he threw it 70yrds at pro day,  at times he looks like chad Pennington out there.  Just lobbing passes around w/ lil to no velocity.  

And I obviously was joking about Watson and Kaaya,  but Luck is Overrated.  Game was set up for him to win and he wet the bed.  Again.  

You mean Joe Reitz wet the bed again???

lol

3 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

It's when he has pressure or defenders in his face that his passes lose velocity. It's because he's throwing off his back foot. Other than that his arm strength is just fine. 

20 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I have said this for over a year. 

Is he a very good QB?  

Yes.

Should he be the highest paid player in the NFL?

Not even close.

He has a lot of faults. In fact I think fundamental wise, he was a much better QB his last year at Stanford then he is now.  He has regressed and I pin much of that on the OL and coaching.

Dear God...

29 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I have said this for over a year. 

Is he a very good QB?  

Yes.

Should he be the highest paid player in the NFL?

Not even close.

He has a lot of faults. In fact I think fundamental wise, he was a much better QB his last year at Stanford then he is now.  He has regressed and I pin much of that on the OL and coaching.

Let me ask this can he read a defense because i have notice he does not do much in audablizing at the line 

4 minutes ago, Archangel said:

Let me ask this can he read a defense because i have notice he does not do much in audablizing at the line 

The o-line is weak, he's more concerned with not getting steam-rolled during a blitz than creating mismatches at the LOS, which are few and far between with the talent level of this team.

45 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

I still question his arm strength.  I just don't see a big arm when he's playing outdoors.  I thought the gm would end on an int,  but a strip fumble is on Luck too imo.  

The guy throws out routes all over the field every game which is the toughest throw in football....

I've voiced my criticisms of Luck on this forum before.  However, I'm not going to pile on him after this particular defeat against the best defense in the NFL.  Overall...no one likes to lose but given all of the injuries on defense I think our boys performed as well as could have been expected.  We still need to eliminate those costly turnovers and ill advised penalties but it is what it is.  The pick six was a great play by Talib...the strip fumble was Von Miller doing what he does and our  Butler pulling his hamstring and falling down with no one near him on a potential pick six was our ill fated luck of late.  Those amounted to a 21 point swing in this game.  This just isn't a very good team this year but they played hard and gave effort out there today even in defeat.  I can't be too upset with them today.  On to San Diego.

I don't understand the people in this forum that call others trolls.  If one looks simply at the amount of turnovers, the stat line in this game and some of his decisions I don't think it is unreasonable to find fault with Andrew Luck or to question if he deserves the contract that he got.

On the other hand I don't think you can dispute that the offensive line has been horrible for a long time and that he has had to work with a pretty awful defense.  He has also had some games where he has played great.

My point is the point of a forum is to debate and discuss and I think on this one issue both sides have valid points.  I don't think its beneficial to call others trolls or to make personal insults.  

1 hour ago, YourNextGM said:

I still question his arm strength.  I just don't see a big arm when he's playing outdoors.  I thought the gm would end on an int,  but a strip fumble is on Luck too imo.  

1 hour ago, YourNextGM said:

I'd take Watson over him.  And probably Kaaya.  

I question your intelligence.

17 minutes ago, CodeMaster said:

I don't understand the people in this forum that call others trolls.  If one looks simply at the amount of turnovers, the stat line in this game and some of his decisions I don't think it is unreasonable to find fault with Andrew Luck or to question if he deserves the contract that he got.

On the other hand I don't think you can dispute that the offensive line has been horrible for a long time and that he has had to work with a pretty awful defense.  He has also had some games where he has played great.

My point is the point of a forum is to debate and discuss and I think on this one issue both sides have valid points.  I don't think its beneficial to call others trolls or to make personal insults.  

I see what you're trying to say and I agree with you. However, it's not difficult to tell which posters are actually trying to initiate a conversation and which ones just want attention. Especially it becomes habitual for them. I think that's the reason for the instant troll card being played in this instance.

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

I see what you're trying to say and I agree with you. However, it's not difficult to tell which posters are actually trying to initiate a conversation and which ones just want attention. Especially it becomes habitual for them. I think that's the reason for the instant troll card being played in this instance.

I suppose that makes sense, I just think you should be able to voice an opinion and if that opinion is backed up by facts then you shouldn't be labeled a troll and I think there are facts supporting both sides of the argument here.  

40 minutes ago, Archangel said:

This is the one thing (well among a few things) that mystifies me.

Luck was supposed to be a VERY smart QB coming out of Stanford.  But I don't see it.  I still see many of the same mistakes he made as a rookie, and the coaching staff has never shown the faith in him to call his own plays or to audible at will like Manning did.

It is very odd and I am SURE there is more to the story here. Because he should be the type of QB that should do those things on a regular basis, and he just doesn't.

24 minutes ago, CodeMaster said:

This.

I don't think anyone here thinks Luck is not a fine QB.

But the highest player in the league QB?  

Just no.

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

This is the one thing (well among a few things) that mystifies me.

Luck was supposed to be a VERY smart QB coming out of Stanford.  But I don't see it.  I still see many of the same mistakes he made as a rookie, and the coaching staff has never shown the faith in him to call his own plays or to audible at will like Manning did.

It is very odd and I am SURE there is more to the story here. Because he should be the type of QB that should do those things on a regular basis, and he just doesn't.

The team sucked today not just luck.