Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deiontrez Mount joining the Colts

gnet550

"First came the high. It came in the team’s season-opener at Tampa Bay, when Mount intercepted Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston."

"Mount suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in practice on October 15, just a few days prior to the team’s fifth game of the season."

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Second-Year-LB-Deiontrez-Mount-Thrilled-to-be-Back-on-Field/39068f38-391f-49c0-9260-4dce97ff6adf

No tackles or sacks but a pick and a PD last year for the Titans (in 4 games played). 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2576635/deiontrez-mount

41 minutes ago, Solon said:

Just looked at the dudes highlights from college on youtube. Good tackler. Knows how to wrap up. 

Don't worry, he's n the NFL now.  With the very limited full speed padded practices allowed, it won't be long before he forgets how to tackle along with the rest of the NFL gang...   :hairout:

14 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

The question is after pagano and staff have him a few weeks how much will his tackling and wrapping up will deteriorate?

What? Most college player don't know how to tackle at all or their potential hasn't been tapped.

Getting your digs in does no one any good. It gets old, tired and lame.

I don't post much, if at all, but I'm a die hard colts fan and I'm excited about this pickup! I played football with this guy in high school and I promise you that nobody works harder than Dee Mount. He has always been an underdog but that only makes him work harder.

A little background.. he ran track all throughout high school. Broke County and state records in the hurdles(can't recall the distance). Stayed in the weight room(our school won Florida state championship in over 10 yrs straight). This guy is very fast, flexible and strong. 

Dee is a great all around guy. He's a funny, well mannered southern boy with a whole lotta heart. He will work his hardest to be a difference maker on this team. 

#MountUp baby!!

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

What? Most college player don't know how to tackle at all or their potential hasn't been tapped.

Imagine how we feel watching it game after game season after season.

Of course a mis-tackle wont get him in scolded or anything. pagano will just clap his hands and give him a pat on the back and say "good job, good job"

How did you like our defensive effort last week? How about our defensive scheme last 37 seconds? Oh but we had injuries and newly signed players.

What is old & lame is the way they don't tackle against the pats and they run down our throats. And what is old and lame is the way Rothlisberger passes at will against us.

And what is really lame is the way you attack every comment that is Not 100% positive about our owner,gm,coach, and players.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

CrazyColt. Pagano and Grigson should be fired tomorrow morning, and they should be able to sign any FA they want. Every time I want us to sign a guy we should sign him, Its Pagano's fault that we had so many injuries last week. Our pass rush sucks, everything sucks, and there's a lot of other stuff I could whine about, but I gotta get off here right now. I'll be back to complain tomorrow first time something screwed up happens like an injury or something.

1 hour ago, basspapaw said:

Its one thing to express an opinion about a shortcoming of the team. Its another to post whiny little disparaging comments in a completely unrelated thread.

This thread wasn't coaching...it was about the colts signing a new player. Yet for some unknown reason it had to be turned into yet ANOTHER bash the coaches thread. 

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Imagine how we feel watching it game after game season after season.

Of course a mis-tackle wont get him in scolded or anything. pagano will just clap his hands and give him a pat on the back and say "good job, good job"

How did you like our defensive effort last week? How about our defensive scheme last 37 seconds? Oh but we had injuries and newly signed players.

What is old & lame is the way they don't tackle against the pats and they run down our throats. And what is old and lame is the way Rothlisberger passes at will against us.

And what is really lame is the way you attack every comment that is Not 100% positive about our owner,gm,coach, and players.

There may be a little truth in your comment but it gets old and lame when all the ones I say something to turns every thread into a whine fest. There is a difference in debating over the problems that just sit and whine and cry on every subject brought up.

Was I happy with last weeks defensive performance? No. But IMO there was a reason and if those cant see why there was a problem I bring those to light.

Reading some of these comments in here is like hearing a baby cry nonstop because they don't get their way. It's called being spoiled. Things are never as good as they seem or as bad as some think either. .If you don't think the injuries played at part in last weeks performance I don't know what to tell you.

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There may be a little truth in your comment but it gets old and lame when all the ones I say something to turns every thread into a whine fest. There is a difference in debating over the problems that just sit and whine and cry on every subject brought up.

Was I happy with last weeks defensive performance? No. But IMO there was a reason and if those cant see why there was a problem I bring those to light.

Reading some of these comments in here is like hearing a baby cry nonstop because they don't get their way. It's called being spoiled. Things are never as good as they seem or as bad as some think either. .If you don't think the injuries played at part in last weeks performance I don't know what to tell you.

Cool story. 

Blaming other's for stealing cookies when the crumbs are still on your mouth. Everyone know's when the righteously opinionated "crazycolt" joins the discussion it usually turns into an off topic banter. 

14 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

The question is after pagano and staff have him a few weeks how much will his tackling and wrapping up will deteriorate?

It's not Pagano and staff... it's the CBA.

Players wanted a higher cut of profits, no two a days, and only one padded practice a week for 11 weeks, then only 3 more for the rest of the year (last 6 weeks).  That will keep your skills up... not.  :grumpy2:

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/deiontrez-mount?id=2552291

Competes and plays with toughness and above-average play strength for his size, but needs more bulk to play defensive end. Will likely be slotted as a 3-4 SAM outside linebacker but lacks the twitch to be a full-time player.

I dont remember many guys called 'above average athletes' with 'below average quickness"

..almost has to be a developemental player at DE

59 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

It's not Pagano and staff... it's the CBA.

Players wanted a higher cut of profits, no two a days, and only one padded practice a week for 11 weeks, then only 3 more for the rest of the year (last 6 weeks).  That will keep your skills up... not.  :grumpy2:

The only issue with this logic is that there should be 31 other teams with the same issues.

This is 100% Pagano and Grigsons fault.

We went to 4-3 to 3-4 and still have a horrible Defense. With this staff if we went to a 11-12 ( 11 linemen and 12 linebackers) at the same time we still wouldn't be able to stop anyone. ( And yes I know you can only have 11 on the field)

Tackling (lack of) is a league issue: just some teams more than others.  If you get to a practice during the week, you'll see QB's pass, receivers catch, blockers blocking, and tacklers... well... they'll tag a runner or bump into him now and then.  There just isn't much tackling going on in the NFL during a weekday.  They pretty much save that contact until Sunday's games (Thursday, and Monday nights too).

The skill of tackling has slowly deteriorated over the last few years, even though they took launching at a receiver/runner out of the game.

The CBA only lets each team have 1, just one and only one padded full speed practice a week.  Not much time to hone tackling skills with so much other stuff to get to as well.  It's the new life in the NFL.

10 hours ago, Rebelknight said:

The only issue with this logic is that there should be 31 other teams with the same issues.

This is 100% Pagano and Grigsons fault.

We went to 4-3 to 3-4 and still have a horrible Defense. With this staff if we went to a 11-12 ( 11 linemen and 12 linebackers) at the same time we still wouldn't be able to stop anyone. ( And yes I know you can only have 11 on the field)

There is a problem with basic tackles being made league wide, not just the Colts.

With the changes in the way college football is played now it deters the development of that skill.

Too many players are looking to make that big hit and draw the attention on the highlight reel.