Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Should Andrew Luck Sign With The Colts?

Bravo

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-colts-contract-salary-value-quarterback-market/1kdm7h2o0i7g81u8ibst1oq10j

Yes another Andrew Luck posting. Lol This time is a different type of article though. What are your thoughts?

There so many articles like this now.

It must be something with Indy sports. There are NBA articles now saying Paul George would be stupid to resign with the Pacers.

The pole at the bottom also says the Texans and Jags have a better chance at winning the division than the Colts. Lol Texans okay, but Jags, really!? People have taken this offseason to a whole new level with their expectations.

Those types of articles are getting really old.  Yes, the O-line hasn't been great but it also hasn't been the worst either.  You can't bring up sack and hit numbers without also laying some blame on Lucks style of play. The Colts have made efforts to improve the O-line but between either bad luck with injuries or bad scouting they haven't all worked out.  He does have a plethora of weapons though and the line "should" be much improved this season.  So with Chuds offense and if Luck does really change his style up a bit, his hit rate should drop significantly. I've said this many times this offseason, I can't wait til his contract is signed and over with so we will no longer be subjected to such l drivel.....

he couldnt leave if he wanted to for another 3 or 4 years because of the franchise tag

also, name a QB needy team that can afford to pay him that wont have similar issues as the colts

go ahead, try to name a better team that wouldnt have to gut their own roster to bring him in

1 minute ago, Restored said:

Some of the responses are hilarious in here. I'm willing to bet nearly every team with a franchise QB probably has had these threads on their boards and most of them are just as big a joke as this one is.

IKR,  Imagine if Lucks contract was up after 2014.  I bet you wouldn't find but a handful of the "usual" haters that would be complaining about Lucks impending pay day.

2006CBE said something similar earlier this week that I agree with completely...How can all these NFL pundits go from SB Bound to Luck's a dud in 1 single season? It's absurd. Ross Tucker in this video that runs on this page is a fool. He's progressed every yr. minus the DeFlate Game & why in hades doesn't anybody talk about our new DC, OC promotion, QB coach, & OL coach?

1 bad season & these fools act like Andrew is RG3 demanding a kings ransom for subpar work? LOL! 

Of course, we're gonna pay Andrew handsomely. 1 bad yr & the Colts are the dismal Browns now? Please...

2 hours ago, 12to13 said:

I didn't even click the link, because it's just clickbait lol.

You're right 12-13. It is. But, I still have this urge to smack these fools upside the head for their own good though. 

Or maybe raise money for a worthy charity by throwing a ball at a bullseye dunking Ross Tucker in the water multiple times at the very least. :thmup:

Click bait I get from a readership perspective; stupidity I don't. There is a difference. 

And another thing...Why are the Texans suddenly elevated to the top of the AFC South simply because Brock Osweiler is their new franchise QB? Okay sure, Brock scrabbles well, has a good arm, & made good decisions in Denver for the most part. If INDY's o-line is improved by late August & giving Andrew time to dissect secondaries, our club will be pretty darn lethal too. 

Not a slam against any Texans fans like QuizBoy who I respect BTW. I just need proof that OZ is the answer in TX before our division gets dicey & competitive for real. Yeah I know. More click bait craziness designed to stir the pot. 

When ever I said a while back the general media cant stand us, people laughed but it's true. This type of crap reporting always happens towards us, it was like this when Peyton was here. Hey media, sorry to burst your bubble but Andrew loves it in Indy and isn't leaving. They don't want to see Andrew in Indy I guess LOL. Here's the deal even if he wanted to leave he cant, it's called the Franchise Tag so give it up media and go report something else dumb. 

Even the article's title makes no sense. Like our GM initially made poor draft selections on purpose just to make Luck's life harder on the field during games. What? Like every other franchise hasn't made selections that never panned out on the next level. SMH. 

Or the unwritten false implication that Jimmy our owner hasn't spent money to protect Luck & win games...Gore, Andre Johnson, TY Hilton, Ryan Kelly... I swear journalists get lazier & lazier...My friend NewColtsFan is excluded from this reporter criticism BTW.   

Just now, southwest1 said:

Even the article's title makes no sense. Like our GM initially made poor draft selections on purpose just to make Luck's life harder on the field during games. What? Like every other franchise hasn't made selections that never panned out on the next level. SMH. 

Or the unwritten false implication that Jimmy our owner hasn't spent money to protect Luck & win games...Gore, Andre Johnson, TY Hilton, Ryan Kelly... I swear journalists get lazier & lazier...My friend NewColtsFan is excluded from this reporter criticism BTW.   

This article reeks haha He isn't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Bogie said:

I doubt he leaves the Colts, but I wouldn't blame him whatsoever if he did. As long as the same management is around him, he's not going to the Super Bowl. 

He isnt leaving and as long as we get a decent Defense here, we will always be in the hunt for a SB with Andrew. It only takes 1 magical year like we had in 2006 and you guys had in 2009.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He isnt leaving and as long as we get a decent Defense here, we will always be in the hunt for a SB with Andrew. It only takes 1 magical year like we had in 2006 and you guys had in 2009.

As long as Grigson is running your team, there is no way this team is having a magical year. I'll eat my heart out if i am proven wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Bogie said:

As long as Grigson is running your team, there is no way this team is having a magical year. I'll eat my heart out if i am proven wrong. 

I don't know, we made the Championship Game in 2014 with Andrew and very little so we will see. That was a pretty fun year. It wasn't magical but still a Final 4 appearance. The Pats were just dominant. Playing them in Foxboro and losing is no shame. Yes it was 45-7 but they poured it on late being the usual team they are. It was 17-7 for a while and still a winnable game in reality until we started to turn it over. Once it got to 24-7 we gave up IMO.

39 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I doubt he leaves the Colts, but I wouldn't blame him whatsoever if he did. As long as the same management is around him, he's not going to the Super Bowl. 

Can I have the lottery numbers since you're so sure we aren't going to the SB?  I need some moolah  ROFL

Luck is going No where !!!  Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

You don't have to eat your heart. Just change your avatar to Ryan Grigson for 90 days. Now that would be pretty cool.  haha

In his first three seasons the team has been very competitive, making it in the post season and winning some games there. It's also probably not easy to switch teams and have to start all over with new teammates, and even then, there is no guarantee you have more success there. The bottom line, though is that the Colts will probably offer more than enough money to keep him.

As for that poll, I think it would be foolish to discount the Jags. They have a lot of hype, for sure and arguably too much of it. However, they did a ton this off-season to improve their team and there is just no denying it. I think the big talk this off-season was their defensive acquisitions from free agency and the draft (plus a returning Donte Fowler), but their offense is in promising shape too. Robinson and Hurns are already two good receivers, and Marquise Lee is looking good and healthy now too. Yeldon is entering his second year, but if that's not good enough they also added Chris Ivory. Blortles was improved last year and the word is that TE Julius Thomas might be his favorite target this off-season. Their O-line is certainly a question, but I think the fact that the Jags look to be better on both sides of the ball is potentially a huge step forward for their team this season. On paper they seriously look good, IMO, but I still like the Colts. Luck will hopefully turn over a new leaf this year, and I think our offense could take the biggest step forward out of any group in the division. 

15 hours ago, Bogie said:

I doubt he leaves the Colts, but I wouldn't blame him whatsoever if he did.

the franchise tag wont let him leave.

plus you would be hard pressed to find a better team that can afford him or one that doesnt have a QB of their own

15 hours ago, Bogie said:

Yea, but you're a Saints fan, so of course you wouldn't blame him, lulz. I'd smack him upside the head.

23 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Reading on rotoworld, this extension may only be for 4 years, then Luck could hit the open market stick in his prime at 30. Everyone seems to think Luck will leave us.

If they don't think he'll leave us until he's 30, then they can't have a single clue of what Luck's intentions are because so much can change in 4 years.  He's either thinking of leaving now or he's not.  It doesn't make any sense to re-sign with a team if you think there's a really good chance you'll leave in 4 years.  The ONLY way that theory makes sense is if there's a player option at the end of every single year, and I've never heard of such a provision.

23 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Reading on rotoworld, this extension may only be for 4 years, then Luck could hit the open market stick in his prime at 30. Everyone seems to think Luck will leave us.

Hasn't Irsay or Grigson come out and said he thinks it will be for 5/6 years?

If Luck is going to get some serious guaranteed money,   then he needs to get more than 4 years.    He won't be too old at 31 or 32 for another prime deal.

But 5/6 years makes the total value high enough that the guaranteed portion will be big.      The guaranteed portion of Luck's deal is going to be roughly 60 percent.     Clearly 60% of 125 or 150 is much more than 60 percent of 100 on a 4-year deal.

We're talking either $60 Mill,  or $75 Mill or $90 Mill.    Which would you rather have?

Some thing here.  But they don't talk about how long a team can keep you with them via the franchise tag.  

And during all that time you are risking yourself to something, such as an injury that might lower your value.  

Franchise QB's don't just up and leave their teams because they have issues with management.  That's never happened before and Luck is hardly the first QB to be in the "Good/Great QB, bad team" situation.  

These guys get deals done for their own financial protection.  It's not as easy as just deciding "I don't like this team" and picking a new one.