Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett !?!?

Buck Showalter

11 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Thread deserving? No disrespect intended, but there will be a lot of these situations all spring/summer.

He'll be fine 

Got a text from a friend who heard about it on Dan Dakich's show...

Guess his reaction was originally that it was possibly more significant, I checked here no one had posted something, so I found & added the SB link where Pagano addressed the issue as not so serious...

Thought if anyone else heard the news, or that it might be more serious, this link would clear that up...

I rarely start topics, but sorry, next time I'll check with 'ya to see if it's 'thread worthy' :thmup:

22 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Thread deserving? No disrespect intended, but there will be a lot of these situations all spring/summer.

He'll be fine 

I could see how it might seem ticky-tacky to start a thread about a small hamstring in May, but it is at least somewhat noteworthy considering he's a starter, and a first-round pick.

13 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I could see how it might seem ticky-tacky to start a thread about a small hamstring in May, but it is at least somewhat noteworthy considering he's a starter, and a first-round pick.

I have yet to read where it was a confirmed hammie....all speculation at this point

33 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This is a better thread that the threads about what might have happened or If it were me. Thank God we are kinda past the lets fire everyone phase.

30 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I have yet to read where it was a confirmed hammie....all speculation at this point

No doubt. Fingers crossed that it's nothing major, but I'm just going off of what Josh Wilson quoted from Pagano in today's presser. WR is not the deep position that we all thought it was last year LOL.

7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Those threads were played out.

OMG WHAT CRAP IS THIS WHY ISN'T GRIGSON AND PAGANO FIRED?!?!?!?!

haha

Brings back the memories haha couldn't resist

Don't mind the thread, there isn't a lot to talk about during the off season.

Thing to keep in mind though is this is OTA's.  During OTA's and during training camp, teams are real conservative with injuries, especially with their starters.  

It's likely nothing major and they just sent him to the training room to be on the safe side.  No sense losing a guy for significant time because he aggravated a minor injury during OTA's. 

Topic could have been labeled better. I thought this was a topic about Dorsett's potential or something.

But it's early so he should be fine. You do always wonder about technique though when you hear about injuries in OTA. Accidents happen but we want these guys to at least make it to the regular season.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Topic could have been labeled better. I thought this was a topic about Dorsett's potential or something.

But it's early so he should be fine. You do always wonder about technique though when you hear about injuries in OTA. Accidents happen but we want these guys to at least make it to the regular season.

Speaking of Dorsett, judging by the pics he's packed on some mass! Roster still has him listed at last years weight, curious where he's at now

42 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Don't sweat Dorsett's technique. These guys haven't been in full-blown football mode since late December, it's pretty common to pull and strain muscles after that much time off, just hope it's nothing major.

5 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

I rarely start topics, but sorry, next time I'll check with 'ya to see if it's 'thread worthy' :thmup:

Here's a tip from the master of topic starters, Buck. Put "Brady" in your topic title and it's instantly worthy. It doesn't even have to be about Brady. Just put his name in your title.

2 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Dorsett certainly isn't turning out to be the most durable Colt in the stable. Always seems to be something with this guy. 

Just out of curiosity what is your definition of always? He has only had 1 year in the league. Breaking his leg was not an issue that caused concern about being injury prone. It was a freak play. Do you recall seeing the play? Pulling a hamstring happens to quite a few players throughout practices, training camp, pre season and regular games. It's a pretty common injury.

23 minutes ago, will426 said:

I think he's fine but at the same time this staff is great at saying "so & so will be back next week" and we don't see them for a couple weeks to a month

Well training camp doesn't start til August, so I could live with 2 weeks to a month of coachspeak regarding a pulled hamstring in May.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Well training camp doesn't start til August, so I could live with 2 weeks to a month of coachspeak regarding a pulled hamstring in May.

Actually training camp will start in mid to late July.     Roughly 2 weeks before our 1st game and our first game is early this year because we're in the Hall of Fame game....   we have 5 pre-season games,  not the usual 4, so our pre-season starts early.