Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson and Pagano dinner with Illinois DL Jihad Ward

bababooey

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Per Rapsheet

Things that make you go hmmmm: #Colts GM Ryan Grigson & coach Chuck Pagano had dinner with #Illinois DL Jihad Ward last night, source said.

Third round?  Anything before that could be a stretch.  He has potential.

In an article in the Star (I think that's where it was), Dorsett and a few other Colts draft picks said they had no contact prior to the draft.  So I don't get too excited about any of those 'visits'. 

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

The colts were at Dorsetts pro day

Yeah, they interviewed him at the combine.  I think every team in the league did.  Read this article, it's pretty clear that the Colts don't give too many hints.  And all those 'Colts have interest in...' stories are probably more about eliminating a guy than taking him.

http://cbs4indy.com/2016/04/26/colts-phillip-dorsett-dont-believe-anything-leading-up-to-nfl-draft/

18 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, they interviewed him at the combine.  I think every team in the league did.  Read this article, it's pretty clear that the Colts don't give too many hints.  And all those 'Colts have interest in...' stories are probably more about eliminating a guy than taking him.

http://cbs4indy.com/2016/04/26/colts-phillip-dorsett-dont-believe-anything-leading-up-to-nfl-draft/

his pro day wad not at the combine. It was in Miami and Grigson and pagano were both there. Same story with Djoun Smith. Doesnt guarantee a draft selection but it gives clues

If they bought him the steak then we might want to add him to our mocks. :)

I would not take this stuff too serious. Sometimes we draft a player after we have wined and dined them, and other times we draft players we only sent a McDonalds coupon. 

Peter King associated him to the Cardinals at pick 29 too, so his stock may be rising.  Not sure why.  His senior bowl may have been wonderful, but his real game production and combine results were not good.  So this would be a 'measurables' kind of pick to me.  A guy that looks the part, but hasn't done it yet. 

2 hours ago, Jim H. said:

Pass on anyone named "Jihad."  Sorry.

I  laughed!    :-)
 And the families of 9/11 Know hat it means!

Many observers—both Muslim and non-Muslim—as well as the Dictionary of Islam, talk of jihad having two meanings: an inner spiritual struggle , and an outer physical struggle against the enemies of Islam, which may take a violent or non-violent form. Jihad is often translated as "Holy War".
Javed Ahmad Ghamidi states that there is consensus among Islamic scholars that the concept of jihad will always include armed struggle against wrong doers.[17]

When he entered the draft I wonder if there were any "Jihad Declared For NFL Draft" articles...

If we draft him, we can declare Jihad against the AFC South... The t-shirt ideas boggle the mind...

Seeiously though, he's a good prospect... I'd be happy with him in the third if he were there, although there are players I would like a lot more with the second pick, even for the DL.

19 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I  laughed!    :-)
 And the families of 9/11 Know hat it means!

Many observers—both Muslim and non-Muslim—as well as the Dictionary of Islam, talk of jihad having two meanings: an inner spiritual struggle , and an outer physical struggle against the enemies of Islam, which may take a violent or non-violent form. Jihad is often translated as "Holy War".
Javed Ahmad Ghamidi states that there is consensus among Islamic scholars that the concept of jihad will always include armed struggle against wrong doers.[17]

Jihad can mean an armed struggle in the sense of defending against wrong doing or an unjustified attack.  However that is the lowest understanding of the word.  The highest understanding is a spiritual struggle/war against lifes evils and torments.  The struggle to do right when challenged by evil.

For example if someone comes to you suggesting that you speak ill towards someone or tell lies on them then you make Jihad against that by speaking the truth or suggesting a more righteous course that benefits all parties.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

So the Colts most likely first round picks at this point are Ryan Kelly, Jihad Ward, and Reggie Ragland?

Yuuuuuuuucck

Dustin`s enthusiasm and positive thoughts are what keep me coming back to this awesome forum. 

You can never tell with Grigson and Pagano but I think that's how it's supposed to be. Some teams will obviously let on a little more but just too many smoke screens to really tell. Can't wait until tomorrow. I hope it's a WHOPPER. lol

6 hours ago, krunk said:

his pro day wad not at the combine. It was in Miami and Grigson and pagano were both there. Same story with Djoun Smith. Doesnt guarantee a draft selection but it gives clues

Not trying to be picky, but the staff goes to a lot of pro days.  Especially the big schools.  Heck, I think Ohio State had about 14 potential 1-3 rounders at their pro day.  We have no clue which one we're interested in.

I don't know a lot about Ward, but from everything I read he's slated for the 2nd or 3rd round.   

3 hours ago, chad hugo said:

I suggest you take a moment and think again about your ignorant statement. 

Oh lighten up. Heaven forbid someone say something not politically correct.

Can we look at the player now , pretty please 

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Jihad can mean an armed struggle in the sense of defending against wrong doing or an unjustified attack.  However that is the lowest understanding of the word.  The highest understanding is a spiritual struggle/war against lifes evils and torments.  The struggle to do right when challenged by evil.

For example if someone comes to you suggesting that you speak ill towards someone or tell lies on them then you make Jihad against that by speaking the truth or suggesting a more righteous course that benefits all parties.

Oh.

So it's kind of like when people say they do not want to draft Kelly at #18. In my mind, I am making Jihad against them. :)

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I stand corrected. I would not take him in the first round though. Plenty of stories day before the draft though.

I don't listen to stories a few weeks before the draft. 

However, I will listen very closely to the stories that come out the day leading up to the draft. Some of the rumors we have to discard, but others are very true.