Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign CB Patrick Robinson

Everyone

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we start the draft season with a CB who can clearly play the #2 CB spot.  Cole and Mathis are secured, Art Jones is returning.  Looks like the next biggest needs are ILB and C, IMO, and the Colts have met with ILB C Reggie Ragland and C Ryan Kelly, both of whom would not be a reach at #18 according to most websites.

I'd prefer NT Billings at 18 and hope Kelly falls to us in the second.

25 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

If it's more than Casey Hayward I'll be skeptical, but I do like Robinson as a player, just Hayward is clearly better, and should be paid like it. What a steal by SD.

Better for his scheme,  but we have Robinson old coach so who knows if Hayward would be better in this particular scheme 

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Now we start the draft season with a CB who can clearly play the #2 CB spot.  Cole and Mathis are secured, Art Jones is returning.  Looks like the next biggest needs are ILB and C, IMO, and the Colts have met with ILB C Reggie Ragland and C Ryan Kelly, both of whom would not be a reach at #18 according to most websites.

Ryan Kelly would most definitely be a reach. Most Centres in the first are. If we take Kelly 1st round I hope to god we trade back and pick up another 3rd or 4th 

24 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Ryan Kelly would most definitely be a reach. Most Centres in the first are. If we take Kelly 1st round I hope to god we trade back and pick up another 3rd or 4th 

Which is why I said I hope he falls to us in the second.  Websites are ranking him in the mid to late first.

51 minutes ago, RealityIsLuck said:

3 years around 12 million according to Ian Rappaport. Great.

Sounds like it is less than what the Cowboys offered.  Probably has more guaranteed money.  I'm okay with a higher portion of guaranteed money if that's the case.  The kid is going to play a lot the next three years anyway,  maybe even in the slot depending on how the other CBs develop

10 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647179/article/colts-agree-to-terms-with-patrick-robinson

strange. rapoport says 3/12 and nfl.com says 3/14.  which one is correct?

Wow much lower than I thought. I figured with everyone getting over paid this year, and Dallas wanting him as well as the Rams, that we'd pay closer to 7 mil per year. Steal of a deal here

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Wow much lower than I thought. I figured with everyone getting over paid this year, and Dallas wanting him as well as the Rams, that we'd pay closer to 7 mil per year. Steal of a deal here

I think most of the over spending was done early in free agency. Seems like it fell in line after the first tier was signed. Casey Hayward signed for 5 mill per year , so I think 4 mill here was about right ?

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Even the contract is great. Grigson bashers probably mad that they can't complain about this signing.

Actually I'm one who thinks Grigson should be fired

However, 

I'm thrilled he finally signed someone, and got a starter for a heck of a deal

So koodos to Grigs and Co on this one

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

How are you OK with our pass rush? I just don't get how you can be good with Cole and Mathis. I mean I love Mathis, and I think he might have another double digit sack season or 2 left in him. I definitely think he'll be even better than last year, but with his age we cant bet on that. As for Cole.....He's just awful. He had what? 2 sacks last year? Then we have Walden. Who is just Walden. He does his job stopping the run and setting a good edge against the run. He's not going to put up no 10-12 sacks. To put it simply. We absolutely have to have another pass rusher. We have to add one early in the draft, and said pass rusher needs to make an impact immediately in order for us to be true SB contenders IMO.