Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady Could Hoist The Superbowl In The House That Peyton Built

antipatriot

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to see Jim Harbuagh hoisting that bad boy up in the LOS. I have so much respect for the Pats, that while I can see why many don't want them winning a SB here, it wouldn't bother me like it would to see Baltimore doing so.

My prediction is a rematch between NYG and NE.

I don't want to see Brady doing that on our turf. That would give Pats/Brady fans so much ammunition against Peyton it isn't even funny.

As far as Baltimore winning here...wouldn't bother me. It would be poetic justice in a way and kind of funny. It would give those fans something positive to associate Indianapolis with.

I'm hoping to see Jim Harbuagh hoisting that bad boy up in the LOS. I have so much respect for the Pats, that while I can see why many don't want them winning a SB here, it wouldn't bother me like it would to see Baltimore doing so.

My prediction is a rematch between NYG and NE.

I would rather see SF and texans....but it would be cool if Eli won here !!!

I don't want to see Brady doing that on our turf. That would give Pats/Brady fans so much ammunition against Peyton it isn't even funny.

As far as Baltimore winning here...wouldn't bother me. It would be poetic justice in a way and kind of funny. It would give those fans something positive to associate Indianapolis with.

What ammunition? I dont get some of you. If NE gets to the SB they're not playing the stadium. Its nothing more than a neutral site. The colts aren't playing.

I'm trying to envision the opposite, colts winning a SB in foxboro and I don't see any emotion. Its a stadium. a piece of grass lol.

This sounds to be me like a bunch a tick and vinegar. If the Pats are in the Superbowl it's because they've beaten every other team to get there and they deserve it. If they beat the NFC representative then they hoist the trophy because they earned it. Some people here think that if Tom Brady leads the Pats to another SB title that it makes him the GOAT vs. Manning. I don't buy this. Winning championships is a team sport. Just ask Drew Brees. That guy is breaking records that have stood for decades and the argument can be made that he is the GOAT QB.

People who compare Tom to Manning based on championships are discounting that Tom has had a probably the best NFL coach of his generation for all these years and defenses that give him the ball 12 times a game. Those kinds of teams will win championships. If you ask opposing coaches and defenses who the toughest QB is to prepare against it's arguably Peyton. He changed the way the position was played. I won't go into all the details around this but there are many articles that explain how traditional offenses run with coordinator and QB and how the Colts have been running the last 8 years. It goes way beyond "no huddle".

When the Colts are out of the playoffs or eliminated out of the playoffs I rank the teams 1-12 in my order of preference of who I would want to win.

It is safe to say the Patriots are #12, and whoever they may face if they beat Baltimore next week, I will be pulling for SF/NYG/GB.

Out of the 5 teams left here is my personal preference.

NYG

SF

BLT

GB

NE

If Brady wins it, he deserves it. Carried a poor defense throughout the season to the playoffs and had a great season. That being said they just played the Broncos which was IMO the worst of the 12 teams in the playoffs so until they beat a team like the Ravens, I'm still not 100% sold on them.

Not trying to turn this into a Peyton vs. Brady debate, but if Brady wins the SB this year, I don't really know how much of an argument there is any more for Peyton being better than him. Brady will have distanced himself quite a bit. That 6 TD performance last night was just unreal...

As far as Brady winning it in LOS, no big deal. Colts won't be playing, colts logo won't be on the field, and I'm sure all the Pats will be worrying about is the Packers.

If Brady wins it, he deserves it. Carried a poor defense throughout the season to the playoffs and had a great season. That being said they just played the Broncos which was IMO the worst of the 12 teams in the playoffs so until they beat a team like the Ravens, I'm still not 100% sold on them.

I'm not sold that the Ravens have the offense to match the pats. I agree with your assessment of Denver, however.

I hate it when the media talks about Brady's "magic" and whether or not it is gone. Magic isn't real, Brady's skill is real. He's one the best to ever play and him lifting the trophy here shouldn't bother a Colts fan unless we were playing them....

So what if he wins it here? It's not like an insult, or a spite to the Colts. If the Patriots win it this year, then they deserve it.

I honestly don't buy that they can beat any of the 4 NFC teams that remained yesterday. With the Saints out, it may get a tad easier for them, but they still haven't won anything yet.

What ammunition? I dont get some of you. If NE gets to the SB they're not playing the stadium. Its nothing more than a neutral site. The colts aren't playing.

I'm trying to envision the opposite, colts winning a SB in foxboro and I don't see any emotion. Its a stadium. a piece of grass lol.

This,,, shouldnt matter. Although I really dont want to see Baltimore on our turf for the simple fact that it is baltimore, and as someone earlier said it would give them something positive to associate Indy with, Baltimore fans would not look at in that way. Fans are nasty haha

That stadium...piece of grass is the "House that Peyton Built" and I'd prefer it remain untainted by visions of Patty boys (the antithesis of all things Colts & Peyton) sipping champagne and reveling in the glory of the sports ultimate achievement. Imo, anyone else winning there is preferred. I respect the Pats to an extent (minus Spygate) but don't have to like em. :blueshoe:

Not trying to turn this into a Peyton vs. Brady debate, but if Brady wins the SB this year, I don't really know how much of an argument there is any more for Peyton being better than him. Brady will have distanced himself quite a bit. That 6 TD performance last night was just unreal...

As far as Brady winning it in LOS, no big deal. Colts won't be playing, colts logo won't be on the field, and I'm sure all the Pats will be worrying about is the Packers.

It shows the Pats are more consistent than the Colts, thats all. It says nothing about Manning and Brady as individuals. I wish people would flippin get that through their heads.

As much as I respect the Pats. I just dont want them to win. I know the LOS will be a neutral place for both SB teams, but its still our house. Watching brady get his fourth SB win and hoisting it in our house will hurt a bit. As for individual greatness, you cant compare Brady and Mannings SB and achievement records. This is a team sport and Brady had agruably the better team throughout the decade.

It shows the Pats are more consistent than the Colts, thats all. It says nothing about Manning and Brady as individuals. I wish people would flippin get that through their heads.

It says nothing about them? Going out on a limb here, but I think 4 Super Bowl wins as a starting QB says something about that player. If we're talking about any other position, you have an argument, but the QB is the leader of the team and a QB that leads a team to 4 Super Bowls deserves credit for that.

Hate seeing the Patriots win anytime. Hate seeing division rivals win, even more. Hate the Ravens because I think the coach is a whiner and because of the "won't let it go fans". I'm okay with the Giants but it's been done, so I'll cheer for Jim to get the Super Bowl appearance that was stolen from him when he was a Colts, and for him to win it all if he gets there. Then the Giants, then the Packers and don't care after that.

It says nothing about them? Going out on a limb here, but I think 4 Super Bowl wins as a starting QB says something about that player. If we're talking about any other position, you have an argument, but the QB is the leader of the team and a QB that leads a team to 4 Super Bowls deserves credit for that.

Yea, it says something about them individually, as in, they're obviously good QB's to win SB's. But it says nothing about who's better. We give too much credit to the QB.....hence the Tebow hoopla we've been dealing with. The awesome #1 ground game nobody heard about, the terrific defense.....nope....all Tebow.

If Brady goes to and wins another SB, thats says alot about Brady, but it says Jack and #$%@ about Brady vs Manning......and I just saw Jack leaving town.

Hate seeing the Patriots win anytime. Hate seeing division rivals win, even more. Hate the Ravens because I think the coach is a whiner and because of the "won't let it go fans". I'm okay with the Giants but it's been done, so I'll cheer for Jim to get the Super Bowl appearance that was stolen from him when he was a Colts, and for him to win it all if he gets there. Then the Giants, then the Packers and don't care after that.

Not....uhhh....not much for us Colts fans this season aye? :popcorn:

Yea, it says something about them individually, as in, they're obviously good QB's to win SB's. But it says nothing about who's better. We give too much credit to the QB.....hence the Tebow hoopla we've been dealing with. The awesome #1 ground game nobody heard about, the terrific defense.....nope....all Tebow.

If Brady goes to and wins another SB, thats says alot about Brady, but it says Jack and #$%@ about Brady vs Manning......and I just saw Jack leaving town.

logic fail

I'm a fan of Tom Brady. I'm happy to see any great football player win a Super Bowl, be they a Manning, a Brady, a Lewis, or a Rodgers. I don't like Brady when he plays Indy, but I have nothing but respect for him as a player. I love football, period. Short of guys who quit on their teams, I can't find myself booing many players.

Why do people in Indy dislike the Ravens? I know that some Baltimore fans obnoxiously resent Indy, but why exactly would the feelings be reciprocated? Is it simply "they hate us, so we're going to hate them right back? What's the point exactly? Indy stole the Colts from Baltimore. If it was a fight, you WON. How about empathy, compassion, appreciation, and a little bit of guilt. How about imagining how you would feel if the situation had been reversed. But hatred? You should consider it a sister city filled with a LOT of people who love the Colts as much as you do (or consider them their second favorite team to the Ravens), but never get to see a game. Perhaps you should reciprocate and consider adopting the Ravens.

My Dad was a Dodger fan - born a few miles from Ebbets field. They were gone by the time I was born, and I was a Mets fan, but we always had a soft spot for the Dodgers (and I'm talking in the early 70s, when the Dodgers had been gone a shorter period of time then the Colts have been), and Dodgers games were always big sellers at Shea. There was no hatred involved - in either NY or LA.

As a long time Colts fan I still have an affinity for the City of Baltimore, and would LOVE to see the Ravens win the Super Bowl - beating one of three ancient Colts rivals in the process. I can't think of a better place for the game to happen. It's Karma.

It's a team sport.

To gauge a QB against a QB you have to go elsewhere for your measurements.

Archie Manning was a very good QB. He played for like 42 years and only won half a game.

Bradshaw had 4 rings in Pittsburgh. Archie would have had a better shot at 6 rings in Pittsburgh than Bradshaw would have had at 1 in New Orleans.

The rings argument doesn't hold water. It isn't the Masters.

Tom Brady is the anti-christ! Lol. Really i can't stand that guy. watchin him in last nights game i just wanted to reach though the tv and give him a good backhand. I guess its bitterness from being a colts fan. I hope the ravens beat the heck outta him next week.

I'm kind of have the same mind set. I don't care one but about him winning in LOS. I just don't want him to win another Superbowl period.

Bradshaw had 4 rings in Pittsburgh. Archie would have had a better shot at 6 rings in Pittsburgh than Bradshaw would have had at 1 in New Orleans.

The rings argument doesn't hold water. It isn't the Masters.

Makes me bristle with thoughts of the frustrating 70s. The Steelers had a big old Country boy from Louisiana at QB, a RB from Penn State, and a couple of fast wide receivers. So did the Colts - and I would make the argument that the Colts had the better of every one of those position comparisons except for Lynn Swann vs Glenn Doughty. Yet the hall of fame nominations GOES TO the guys who happened to be playing with arguable the best defense I've ever seen in my life.

It's inherently unfair whenever you try to assign individual credit in football.