Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady Could Hoist The Superbowl In The House That Peyton Built

antipatriot

Not trying to turn this into a Peyton vs. Brady debate, but if Brady wins the SB this year, I don't really know how much of an argument there is any more for Peyton being better than him. Brady will have distanced himself quite a bit. That 6 TD performance last night was just unreal...

As far as Brady winning it in LOS, no big deal. Colts won't be playing, colts logo won't be on the field, and I'm sure all the Pats will be worrying about is the Packers.

I am perplexed with this.

Did you watch colts this yr?. This is what peyton is dealing with all his life.

It's a team game. Put Brady with Jim Caldwell coaching and with our defense and special teams and see how many playoffs he wins.

Having said that, they still won't win this year.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, he is the only player in NE. There is no one else. Oh yeah, they dont have any HC too.

Peytons not the only player in Indianapolis either...

We all know that its a team game and teams win championships...but quarterbacks lead those teams. Dont try to discredit them in a sad attempt to save face for Peyton.

Peytons not the only player in Indianapolis either...

We all know that its a team game and teams win championships...but quarterbacks lead those teams. Dont try to discredit them in a sad attempt to save face for Peyton.

Exactly my point, don't start over crediting your buddy Tom. It's a team game.

No Patriots fan did and no Patriots fan said otherwise. Everyone ELSE is the one saying that the Patriots are going to the Superbowl and making a big deal over the fact that Brady could win in your stadium.

It's a team game. Put Brady with Jim Caldwell coaching and with our defense and special teams and see how many playoffs he wins.

You do realize that Peyton did have very good defenses in the past, yes?

Or that it was the DEFENSE, not Peyton, that was the driving force of the Colts' lone SB win with Manning?

Sorry, despite what you saw this year, there were times in the past when the Colts fielded an excellent defense.

No Patriots fan did and no Patriots fan said otherwise. Everyone ELSE is the one saying that the Patriots are going to the Superbowl and making a big deal over the fact that Brady could win in your stadium.

If you notice, I replied to the ones who said it. Looks like you are a pats fan. I like them too. Just like Manning better.

To me, Belichick and Brady need each other. If one of them is missing, they won't be as successful as they are.

You do realize that Peyton did have very good defenses in the past, yes?

Or that it was the DEFENSE, not Peyton, that was the driving force of the Colts' lone SB win with Manning?

Sorry, despite what you saw this year, there were times in the past when the Colts fielded an excellent defense.

Let's be real here, Brady always had better special teams, better defense, better coaching. One yr manning had good defense they won.

Let's be real here, Brady always had better special teams, better defense, better coaching. One yr manning had good defense they won.

And coincidentally enough...the Colts defense that year was historically bad as well. They showed up in the playoffs, much like the Patriots defense did on Saturday, and we all know how it turned out for Indy that year. If you think the Patriots have no chance to win the title this year...then you must have thought the same of the Colts in 2006.

And coincidentally enough...the Colts defense that year was historically bad as well. They showed up in the playoffs, much like the Patriots defense did on Saturday, and we all know how it turned out for Indy that year. If you think the Patriots have no chance to win the title this year...then you must have thought the same of the Colts in 2006.

Only time will tell my friend.

I really dont care who wins it, Id rather it not be the Patriots but my team is out so I really dont care.

The best would be the Ravens though, the old Colts win a ring in the new Colts building. It would be funny for them to come back and win it in Irsays house.

The old Browns you mean? The Ravens have no association with the Colts. Other than they play in Baltimore.

How should we compare two QB's that play in the same time frame and in the same conference then? Brady has the edge on Manning in stats and intangibles.

Would like a NE and NYG rematch.

Brady has the edge on Manning on intangibles?

I'm a little perplexed why Colts fans would want Eli to win another one. I know many of you have 'adopted' the Giants and Eli as a rooting interest because hes is Peytons brother and that somehow reflects on Peyton...but if Eli wins more than Peyton...you're gonna have a whole new angle to defend against in the great 'Peyton Manning legacy' debate that so many here obsess about.

Ditto that.

You'll hear a lot of detractors say, "He's not even the GOAT of his own FAMILY!!!"

OK, so now I've seen this from two Pats fans and one Giants fan. I think that you are jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I like Peyton in every respect, and by extension I like his family. I don't root for Eli because it might "reflect well on Peyton", I just root for Eli. (I also live in the NY area and I like the Giants a little bit more than I do a lot of other teams). I've also seen enough of his career (he's no kid anymore) to be quite confident that even if he wins the next 5 super bowls in a row, he still won't be anywhere near as impressive as his brother. To think that is to think that Brady's three early super bowls are what define him as a QB. I respect Brady because of watching him play - particularly the last several years. Peyton could retire tomorrow and BRADY could win the next five super bowls and that wouldn't reduce my opinion of Manning either. It's a team game. I don't want the Patriots to win because of the TEAMS rivalry with the Colts.

Which is why I'm actually rooting for the Ravens, because I still think fondly of the city of Baltimore and ye old Colts. Jim Harbaugh's Colts connection make him a distant third choice. I like the guy, but it's only his first year coaching (and I'm still sick of the 49ers from the 80s and 90s).

I'm a little perplexed why Colts fans would want Eli to win another one. I know many of you have 'adopted' the Giants and Eli as a rooting interest because hes is Peytons brother and that somehow reflects on Peyton...but if Eli wins more than Peyton...you're gonna have a whole new angle to defend against in the great 'Peyton Manning legacy' debate that so many here obsess about.

I'm from NY, so the Jints get 2nd billing for me.

I think it would be awesome if the Giants or Niners win. I couldn’t stand the thought of Tom Brady hoisting the trophy @ Lucas Oil Stadium. But if the Patriots do beat the Ravens and earn their way to the Super Bowl and win it, then they are deserving of it. It will be tedious to see the Patriots win, just as tedious as people trying to read this post with really small writing. I’m not even sure if I’m spelling everything correctly because I can’t even really see what I’m typing. Look on the bright side though; at least the Jets didn’t make the playoffs. I would throw a fit if they made and or won the Super Bowl. Anyways, the rest of the season should be interesting. Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohh by the way did I mention that this writing is really small?

I think it would be awesome if the Giants or Niners win. I couldn’t stand the thought of Tom Brady hoisting the trophy @ Lucas Oil Stadium. But if the Patriots do beat the Ravens and earn their way to the Super Bowl and win it, then they are deserving of it. It will be tedious to see the Patriots win, just as tedious as people trying to read this post with really small writing. I’m not even sure if I’m spelling everything correctly because I can’t even really see what I’m typing. Look on the bright side though; at least the Jets didn’t make the playoffs. I would throw a fit if they made and or won the Super Bowl. Anyways, the rest of the season should be interesting. Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohh by the way did I mention that this writing is really small?

small writing seems to appear from time to time not sure why.Anyway I edited a larger font for you.

What ammunition? I dont get some of you. If NE gets to the SB they're not playing the stadium. Its nothing more than a neutral site. The colts aren't playing.

I'm trying to envision the opposite, colts winning a SB in foxboro and I don't see any emotion. Its a stadium. a piece of grass lol.

Really? I see it. Some ravens fans are already starting to thrill at the thought of it

LOS is not neutral even though Colts are not in it

It may be neutral to other fans but, not us I don't think

I could care less if Brady won the SB in Lucas Oil Stadium. If people are so passionate about him winning in our house I say please get over it. Our team and all the others that played the patriots this year had a chance to change the outcome but failed to do so up to this point. I would like to see the 49ers in the SB because I love their concepts - good, big, athletic players, well disciplined, big physical defense, great special teams and an offense that can run and pass. Their coaching is very solid and they act and live the part of a professional football team.

I could care less if Brady won the SB in Lucas Oil Stadium. If people are so passionate about him winning in our house I say please get over it. Our team and all the others that played the patriots this year had a chance to change the outcome but failed to do so up to this point. I would like to see the 49ers in the SB because I love their concepts - good, big, athletic players, well disciplined, big physical defense, great special teams and an offense that can run and pass. Their coaching is very solid and they act and live the part of a professional football team.

Sorry, not getting over it. It comes along with being a fan for many. Nice for you that you don't care though

OK, so now I've seen this from two Pats fans and one Giants fan. I think that you are jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I like Peyton in every respect, and by extension I like his family. I don't root for Eli because it might "reflect well on Peyton", I just root for Eli. (I also live in the NY area and I like the Giants a little bit more than I do a lot of other teams). I've also seen enough of his career (he's no kid anymore) to be quite confident that even if he wins the next 5 super bowls in a row, he still won't be anywhere near as impressive as his brother. To think that is to think that Brady's three early super bowls are what define him as a QB. I respect Brady because of watching him play - particularly the last several years. Peyton could retire tomorrow and BRADY could win the next five super bowls and that wouldn't reduce my opinion of Manning either. It's a team game. I don't want the Patriots to win because of the TEAMS rivalry with the Colts.

Which is why I'm actually rooting for the Ravens, because I still think fondly of the city of Baltimore and ye old Colts. Jim Harbaugh's Colts connection make him a distant third choice. I like the guy, but it's only his first year coaching (and I'm still sick of the 49ers from the 80s and 90s).

Just to clarify, my earlier post wasn't reflective of my personal opinion... I think Eli is a very good QB, but I wouldn't put him up there with Peyton and Brady. Maybe he'll keep getting better and that will be a realistic discussion at some point, but not yet.

I just think it would be an inevitable topic of discussion for talk shows and that sort of thing.

Sorry, not getting over it. It comes along with being a fan for many. Nice for you that you don't care though

Some would find it childish if some fans were so insecure that they would be upset merely because another team will play for the NFL championship in the Colts stadium. If one of those teams is the Patriots so be it. It has nothing to do with caring or not caring about the Colts.

Some would find it childish if some fans were so insecure that they would be upset merely because another team will play for the NFL championship in the Colts stadium. If one of those teams is the Patriots so be it. It has nothing to do with caring or not caring about the Colts.

Some would

Others just see it as part of being a fan

at some point if he actually makes it the the superbowl......he will probably have to take a pee in one of the urninals in the house that peyton built.....so what...both would be or should be or could be perceived as .....i have to take a pee.......or.....my team won the sb and i have to hoist the trophy......it's not something that any body should get worked up over......

The irony in this is that I've been trolling Colts boards long enough to remember the arguments about who was better... Dungy or Belichick? ;)

I agree that Caldwell is essentially a mannequin wearing a headset, and that Indy's defense is currently in shambles, but I don't know if it's fair to take the last two or three seasons and say that's how it's been for Manning for his entire career. He's played alongside some Hall of Fame quality guys, including one of the best receivers of all time.

That's not to take anything away from him... I'm as much of a "fan" as I possibly can be, despite rooting for a rival team. It wasn't always that way for me, but over time, Manning has earned his place in history. I just respect football greatness, and only a fool would say that Manning is not great.

The media does that all the time ... Brady has one 3 SBs ... NO he was on a team that one 3 SBs.... Manning has one 1 SB, no was on a team that did!

49ers

Ravens

Giants

Pats

In that order ...Pats are an obvious last pick - Gronkowski isn't even human - they should do a gene study of some sorts - hes a robo-tightend! Next the Giants - I dont care for Eli - not playing for you baby. Then the Ravens - I dont care for them, but care more 'less' for them than the Giants or the Pats. So that leaves the 49ers ... nothing against them at all and their coach is in the Colts ring of honor. Go 49ers!

Sure, he is the only player in NE. There is no one else. Oh yeah, they dont have any HC too.

Brady is the one out there throwing touchdowns to win the game, carrying the mediocre defense, and he is the leader of that team.

Remember a few years ago when the new Cowboys stadium opened and the Giants won the opener there and Eli signed his name on a column in the locker room with something like 'First win in the new stadium, GO GIANTS'....??? Most here thought that was awwwwwwwweeesoooooome. Tom Brady winning at the Colts stadium is not a big deal...its a neutral site for a championship game that is not at the expense of your team. Its just a building. In every other sport where the championship isnt played on a neutral site, the rival wins 'in their building' all the time. You'll get over it.

Remember a few years ago when the new Cowboys stadium opened and the Giants won the opener there and Eli signed his name on a column in the locker room with something like 'First win in the new stadium, GO GIANTS'....??? Most here thought that was awwwwwwwweeesoooooome.

Never heard that. Actually I would consider that vandalism, and pretty childish. I hope they sent him the repair bill.

And actually I hadn't even thought about the fact that one of these teams will be using the Colts locker room. There is something inherently annoying about that - sort of like being a kid and having your mother make you share your toys with a relative you can't stand. Even if it is trivial in the grand scheme of things.

If you notice, I replied to the ones who said it. Looks like you are a pats fan. I like them too. Just like Manning better.

To me, Belichick and Brady need each other. If one of them is missing, they won't be as successful as they are.

you are correct, but yet every great coach is linked to a great player and vice versa (it also helps to have a solid team around the two): Starr/Lombardi, Madden/Stabler, Landry/Starbaugh, Noll/Bradshaw, Welsh/Montana, and so on . . . look at your own team and coach Dungy and PM, some day when you have some time check PM's record prior to the arrival of Coach Dungy . . .