Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Championship week

RockThatBlue

Carolina vs Arizona

Denver vs New England

Who does everybody got and why?

These are tough games to predict. I especially think Carolina vs Arizona should be an epic battle, can make a case those are the two best teams right now. Peyton Vs Brady for the 1000th time will be intriguing as it always is.

I want Cards to win but the way the Panthers manhandled the Seahawks in that 1st half, that was scary. I think Panthers will win. Both teams have Great Defenses, Very Good Coaches, and Very Good QB's but the HFA for Carolina will probably be a huge key. Regarding the Broncos/Pats, Broncos have the better Defense and HFA and as long as Peyton doesn't it turn it over and the Broncos get 7's in the redzone instead of 3's they can definitely win. This game will boil down to who turns it over more and who executes in the redzone. Generally the road team turns it over more when they play in MileHigh. I think as of now it will be Broncos vs Panthers but it's only Monday. I still haven't seen any of the injury reports, etc.. I realize Brady is awesome but another factor is, it is extremely difficult to Repeat as well.

Despite NE's poor record in Mile High Gronk is the 12th man and I was not impressed with Denver's D yesterday so I go with NE to win and Carolina will win also. I'll pull for the Broncos and the Cardinals for sentimental reasons. I do not figure the Panthers yesterday going 31 in the first half and blanking Seattle then flip flop in the second half.

Hoping for Denver vs. Arizona in the SB only because I don't like NE or Carolina.

Carolina/Arizona: Jerard Allen has broken foot, which may affect outcome. Carolina is on a roll though and they are at home, so Palmer is going to have to play his best. I for one, don't like the "showboating" that Cam Newton does. 

Denver/NE:  Brady is 2-6 in Denver so there must be something to how Denver plays him that might make this a close game. The biggest question there is; can Denver shut down Edleman and that quick passing game? Houston was out for KC, so I see Denver having a better defensive line, LBs and DBs. They might be good enough to get pressure on Brady, due to great coverage.

On offense, Denver needs to be able to run some and their receivers can't be dropping passes. like they did against Pittsburg.

Best case scenario for me is Peyton getting another ring. Worst case is Brady getting another one.

Lastly, people talk about Brady being the G.O.A.T. but I would ask this question; Would Brady have 4 rings with another coach and lesser defenses? Would Peyton have more than 1 with Belicheck & better defenses? 

I have a feeling that New England will beat Denver. With Edelman and Gronk back, the Patriots were back to winning ways. Denver, on the other hand, just didn't impress me. Manning did fine; it was his receivers who almost let him down. And why were all the Steelers receivers so wide open? Denver has to make several adjustments if they want to stay competitive with NE.

I don't like John Elway or the way Kubiak has coached the Broncos, so if Denver loses, it will be too bad for Manning, but otherwise, I have no interest in the team.

I want to see Arizona go all the way. I like what Arians has done with that team; Palmer needs to win since he missed the playoffs last year, Fitzgerald is a beast, and then there's Freeney.

I don't really care who comes out of the NFC, but I think if there's one thing I'm rooting for more than anything else (and in no particular order) it's that either Manning walks out on top before retiring or Larry Fitzgerald finally wins the big one.  Either one of those would make me happy as a fan.  So I guess to answer the question, Denver and Arizona.  

I have a good feeling about Denver beating the Patriots. Denver didn't play great offensively, too many dropped passes. They will play much better this time around against the Patriots. I can feel it.

I think Carolina's defense attacks Carson Palmer quick and early. Carolina wins that one.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want Cards to win but the way the Panthers manhandled the Seahawks in that 1st half, that was scary. I think Panthers will win. Both teams have Great Defenses, Very Good Coaches, and Very Good QB's but the HFA for Carolina will probably be a huge key. Regarding the Broncos/Pats, Broncos have the better Defense and HFA and as long as Peyton doesn't it turn it over and the Broncos get 7's in the redzone instead of 3's they can definitely win. This game will boil down to who turns it over more and who executes in the redzone. Generally the road team turns it over more when they play in MileHigh. I think as of now it will be Broncos vs Panthers but it's only Monday. I still haven't seen any of the injury reports, etc.. I realize Brady is awesome but another factor is, it is extremely difficult to Repeat as well.

My thoughts exactly. Mark it down & I'll take that train with you, 06CBE!

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Hoping for Denver vs. Arizona in the SB only because I don't like NE or Carolina.

Carolina/Arizona: Jerard Allen has broken foot, which may affect outcome. Carolina is on a roll though and they are at home, so Palmer is going to have to play his best. I for one, don't like the "showboating" that Cam Newton does. 

Denver/NE:  Brady is 2-6 in Denver so there must be something to how Denver plays him that might make this a close game. The biggest question there is; can Denver shut down Edleman and that quick passing game? Houston was out for KC, so I see Denver having a better defensive line, LBs and DBs. They might be good enough to get pressure on Brady, due to great coverage.

On offense, Denver needs to be able to run some and their receivers can't be dropping passes. like they did against Pittsburg.

Best case scenario for me is Peyton getting another ring. Worst case is Brady getting another one.

Lastly, people talk about Brady being the G.O.A.T. but I would ask this question; Would Brady have 4 rings with another coach and lesser defenses? Would Peyton have more than 1 with Belicheck & better defenses? 

Your last paragraph is right on the money, my man. If the Colts had enjoyed Top 5 defenses from 1999-2010? It's a no-brainer as to who holds more VLs & SB rings. 

I'm taking New England and Carolina. 

Everyone is saying how NE can't win in Denver, but keep in mind, this is the most lopsided matchup ever in the history of Brady/Manning. This is not the Manning of the past. They're playing a broken down old man that barely beat the Steelers 30th ranked passing defense. Before that fumble, Denver could only kick 4 field goals, and 3 of them came from horrible position by the Steelers bad punts. 

If this game was in Foxboro I'd be positive that NE wins in a rout blow out. I still won't be shocked if NE manages to get up some points and route them. 

I think the real SB is going to come down to Arizona and Carolina. This is an NFC year. If Denver gets in, that's going to be a horrible SB with a blow out loss for them. That Carolina team is playing lights out, and they're hungry. They're tired of being losers. They're tired of sitting there and having to look at the Bucs and Saints rings of the NFC South. I don't see them being denied if they beat Arizona.

I hate Carolina with a passion more than anyone on this board, but I am not going to deny that they're a great team and they're due for a ring. I'd rather see them win one, rather than Denver or New England. Manning already has a ring, and Brady has 4. I wouldn't mind if Cam Newton gets one.  

29 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I'm taking New England and Carolina. 

Everyone is saying how NE can't win in Denver, but keep in mind, this is the most lopsided matchup ever in the history of Brady/Manning. This is not the Manning of the past. They're playing a broken down old man that barely beat the Steelers 30th ranked passing defense. Before that fumble, Denver could only kick 4 field goals, and 3 of them came from horrible position by the Steelers bad punts. 

If this game was in Foxboro I'd be positive that NE wins in a rout blow out. I still won't be shocked if NE manages to get up some points and route them. 

I think the real SB is going to come down to Arizona and Carolina. This is an NFC year. If Denver gets in, that's going to be a horrible SB with a blow out loss for them. That Carolina team is playing lights out, and they're hungry. They're tired of being losers. They're tired of sitting there and having to look at the Bucs and Saints rings of the NFC South. I don't see them being denied if they beat Arizona.

I hate Carolina with a passion more than anyone on this board, but I am not going to deny that they're a great team and they're due for a ring. I'd rather see them win one, rather than Denver or New England. Manning already has a ring, and Brady has 4. I wouldn't mind if Cam Newton gets one.  

What he said.

With Chris Harris playing with one hand and unable to jam receivers the Broncos are not going to have an answer for Jules unless they double team him and put Talib on Gronk, which leaves Amendola/LaFell/Martin wide open making plays all day along White.

I am not sure what everyone seen in the Denver game making them think they are actually good...

At this point any NFC teams will tear the Broncos apart.

Also I am not sure whats going on with Thomas, he seems to have some issues, he hasn't been himself for the last few weeks...injured maybe?

18 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

What he said.

With Chris Harris playing with one hand and unable to jam receivers the Broncos are not going to have an answer for Jules unless they double team him and put Talib on Gronk, which leaves Amendola/LaFell/Martin wide open making plays all day along White.

I am not sure what everyone seen in the Denver game making them think they are actually good...

At this point any NFC teams will tear the Broncos apart.

Also I am not sure whats going on with Thomas, he seems to have some issues, he hasn't been himself for the last few weeks...injured maybe?

I agree that will be a problem for them too. Watching Pittsburgh running all those crossing routes with so much success and all the yards after the catch and the reverses....I mean it was like the Steelers used the Patriots playbook yesterday and if they had another playmaker they would have easily won that game. Basically everything that gave the Broncos fits the Pats do really well. I am not confident in that Denver defense...they seem to disappear when they don't get good constant pressure and Brady was untouched on Saturday. Basically the Pats are almost at full health and Denver is vulnerable (Ware, Harris, and the safety play hasn't looked good late). I don't think Thomas is hurt...he just doesn't seem dialed in...focused. Whatever the case he can be a beast at times right now mentally he isn't there. The Broncos typically kill themselves with mental errors...the Pats don't...and that's why I have the Pats.

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Pats are an early 3 1/2 point favorite.

To be honest,. I haven't heard anyone yet say Denver will win

I am hearing plenty pick Denver and even going as far as to say Peyton will go out easy this year winning it all a la Ray Lewis if he decides to retire.

Thats the conspiracy floating behind the scenes....that if Peyton wins it all he will retire.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Brady and the Pats lost the game this year at Mile High, as he has done in 6 out of 8 games in Denver. 

True, but that was with Brock starting. 

And a few things to help the Pats would be that Bill B. doesn't lose to the same team twice in one season very often.

And I don't think NE has lost this year with Edelman in the lineup.

But, no I would not bet on this game. If it was in NE I would take the Pats easy. Since it is in Denver I am more uncertain.

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jared Allen (Carolina) broke a bone in his foot...doenst look like he'll be able to play,

Sorry to see that...He's waited a long time...never been to the conference title game, right?

Thats a big loss....a broken bone in the foot is going to impact his ability to rush, plus at this stage in his career I am not even sure if he is going to comeback from this injury.

10 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am hearing plenty pick Denver and even going as far as to say Peyton will go out easy this year winning it all a la Ray Lewis if he decides to retire.

Thats the conspiracy floating behind the scenes....that if Peyton wins it all he will retire.

That be nice for Broncos and Manning fans, but I have a hard time seeing any AFC teams (Pats included) beating teams like AZ or CAR....The NFC this year looks mighty strong!

8 minutes ago, Jules said:

True, but that was with Brock starting. 

And a few things to help the Pats would be that Bill B. doesn't lose to the same team twice in one season very often.

And I don't think NE has lost this year with Edelman in the lineup.

But, no I would not bet on this game. If it was in NE I would take the Pats easy. Since it is in Denver I am more uncertain.

I am not a betting person; so, I am not concerned about being right/wrong about who wins.

My point was that Brady does not have a good record at Mile High. Despite throwing 3 TDs as the poster wrote,  Brady still lost. He has lost in Denver to Manning, Brock, Jake Plummer,  Kyle Orton and someone else. One of those years, he lost twice in Mile High.  So, Belichick has lost twice to Denver in the same year. So, it is not impossible.

17 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

That be nice for Broncos and Manning fans, but I have a hard time seeing any AFC teams (Pats included) beating teams like AZ or CAR....The NFC this year looks mighty strong!

Arizona would be a lot easier to beat even though I do like those guys a lot. But, keep in mind many didn't think NE would beat Seattle either last year.

Tough to say.

Carolina looks fierce and almost as if it's their year but they still nearly had lost to some shaky teams this year. 

Nobody is unbeatable. It comes down to matchups. I think Denver could beat Arizona but struggle more with Carolina. I think NE could score a lot better on Carolina then Denver could since when healthy the NE offense is pretty tough to control.

I will say though I don't honestly trust this Denver offense a lot AT ALL. I trust the D, but the offense is hit or miss to me big time.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am not a betting person; so, I am not concerned about being right/wrong about who wins.

My point was that Brady does not have a good record at Mile High. Despite throwing 3 TDs as the poster wrote,  Brady still lost. He has lost in Denver to Manning, Brock, Jake Plummer,  Kyle Orton and someone else. One of those years, he lost twice in Mile High.  So, Belichick has lost twice to Denver in the same year. So, it is not impossible.

No he don't have a good record there, thats why I am not touching this game with a guarantee pick either. I have seen the Pats stumble there far too often. I think they can win there this second time around, but it's tough to gamble on.

If this game was in NE I would easily pick the Pats. Which makes me wonder if they are kicking themselves now for not winning that final game in Miami this year.

Regardless of the record in Denver, still tough to count out the Pats. Going to be a tough game.

I want Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning to square off in the SB.  No matter who wins, I'm happy for them.

Carson on a terrific comeback after so much excrement happened in his career after his early stellar years and the ousting of his Bengals and his ACL by Kimo von Oelhoffen in their playoffs long ago. And Arians.  I like Arians.

Peyton because of the 2 SB legacy he really deserves.  And I often like underdogs.

Great Manning tribute by Mike Silver-

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/160117_nfln_nflgdm_silver_manning_piece_392371_3200k_3ex4tv

This needs flash player

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Jared Allen (Carolina) broke a bone in his foot...doenst look like he'll be able to play,

Sorry to see that...He's waited a long time...never been to the conference title game, right?

2 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Thats a big loss....a broken bone in the foot is going to impact his ability to rush, plus at this stage in his career I am not even sure if he is going to comeback from this injury.

Seems I saw he had an MRI follow up.  I guess they are possibly checking on a Jones fracture... maybe see how bad it is and possibly determine if he can tough it out and play.  Even if he can, effectiveness will be his benchmark whether and how long he plays.  He won't be the same Jared Allen, even if he does play. If it weren't play or go home time, I'd expect Jared to take time off.  There's no time to take off at this time of the year.So he may play, but I don't expect much from him.

I'm interested in Chandler Jones.  I guess with the Pats, we'll have to wait until Wednesday practice/injury report.  I expect Collins to play (oblique muscle), Jones (knee) I'm not yet sure of.

2 hours ago, Jules said:

I haven't heard 1 person on ESPN or the NFL Channel picking Denver. Right after the game last night Deion, Marshall, and Michael all said the Pats would win. Skip and Stephen A both are saying they think the Pats will win. Last night on Sports Talk radio everyone was picking the Pats.

The Steelers are always a tough out with Big Ben at QB and the Broncos had at least 7 dropped balls. Broncos have a decent shot at beating the Pats. Pats for some reason with Brady at QB usually lay an egg when they play at MileHigh. Broncos can beat the Cards or Panthers as well. For all we know in a game like the SB, Cam could crap the bed.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't heard 1 person on ESPN or the NFL Channel picking Denver. Right after the game last night Deion, Marshall, and Michael all said the Pats would win. Skip and Stephen A both are saying they think the Pats will win. Last night on Sports Talk radio everyone was picking the Pats.

This is good.  I like Denver being the underdog.   

7 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

This is good.  I like Denver being the underdog.   

I love it. I was just quoting Jules when she said plenty are picking Denver. I honestly haven't seen 1 person yet on TV to do so. Having said that I am glad, it puts more pressure on the Pats to win. Pats are even favored in Vegas by a FG.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was talking more about people I know. I know several people who think Denver will win and a lot of it is based on the fact the Pats history with Brady in Denver isn't that good.

This game will tell us how important homefield really is.......

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

I was talking more about people I know. I know several people who think Denver will win and a lot of it is based on the fact the Pats history with Brady in Denver isn't that good.

This game will tell us how important homefield really is.......

I wish I had more support where I work at because most everyone is pulling for Peyton to beat the Pats but I only have a handful of people who think Denver will win. Most want them but don't think it will happen. The 3 or 4 friends I mainly hangout with all think the Pats will win as well.