Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 pm press conference / UPDATE: NO presser scheduled yet

CR91

1 minute ago, ColtStronger said:

Sounding like the same old stuff we've heard around the media the whole season.  NOBODY really knows what's going on.  I thought it was almost set in stone the news Pagano will not be brought back would've made headlines before noon today.  However, a press conference was scheduled for mid afternoon, now there is no conference.  Leads me to believe Irsay is coming to his senses, most people want Pagano around, and he has plenty of time to think about the situation.  Not pulling the trigger quite yet, or perhaps having a change of heart and wanting Chuck to stay along with the fans/players.

"Set in stone"?  Irsay denied the Wells report almost immediately after it came out.

Now, I realize that this is a familiar pattern:  some reporter gets an "inside tip" that a coach will be fired, reports it, ownership denies the decision has been made, a couple days later the coach is indeed fired.

But...set in stone?  No, nothing's been set in stone.  A whole lot of people want to see Pagano retained:  including people whose opinions might actually influence Irsay (like players).

I think it's more than likely Pagano's done.  It would be a surprise if he isn't.  But rumors and facts are two different things for a reason.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Shepman said:

Ok let's think about this logically there is no way Irsay could announce Pagano is staying without a signed contract and that doesn't happen in 1 hour.  He could announce either Grigson is fired or Pagano won't be retained or that him and Pagano are working on a deal to retain him.  Nothing gets done officially in 1 hour unless it is goodbye.

This is my thinking too. . . If Pagano is going to stay they have to extend his contract and that requires negotiations.  That kind of stuff takes time.

Also worth pointing out that after going all the way to the AFC Championship game last year Irsay and Co only wanted to offer Pagano a 1 year extension.  (Most coaches get extensions purposefully so they are never coaching on the final year of their contract.)

If they only had the confidence after an AFC Championship game appearance to offer him a 1 year extension then why would anyone think after an 8 - 8 season that they would be ready to extend him further? 

He's gone, I'm just hoping Grigson is gone too, but I honestly don't think he will be.  I think Irsay trusts Grigson

35 minutes ago, ColtStronger said:

Sounding like the same old stuff we've heard around the media the whole season.  NOBODY really knows what's going on.  I thought it was almost set in stone the news Pagano will not be brought back would've made headlines before noon today.  However, a press conference was scheduled for mid afternoon, now there is no conference.  Leads me to believe Irsay is coming to his senses, most people want Pagano around, and he has plenty of time to think about the situation.  Not pulling the trigger quite yet, or perhaps having a change of heart and wanting Chuck to stay along with the fans/players.

Looks like the #KeepPagano trend is working.  Keep it up, spam Irsays twitter.  That's the best way to communicate with him. lol

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

wow, I think we are all going to be shocked at what happens based on these new delays in the presser and delays in any word at all. I know WISH TV is probably there along with Gregg Doyel and many others.  maybe Calhoun, etc.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

The problem with all of that is; you're too damn logical.

I guess it makes too much sense.

If we move on from Pagano and keep Grigson then we are doomed, and we deserve to spiral down into the abyss. 

At least we don't have a lawyer in charge of all roster positions who the GM reports to and then the head coach reports to the owner... LOL,  wow, Cleveland is just a joke and Jimmy Haslam is a puppeteer.

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Looks like the #KeepPagano trend is working.  Keep it up, spam Irsays twitter.  That's the best way to communicate with him. lol

Been saying that since 10 am. Delay and confusion....just like when AJ was signed....

Word is leaking out that Kravitz is to replace Grigson and Doyel is the new head coach and he will be assisted by Dakich. Could be just a rumor though.

Dakich was tweeting last night accusing Pagano of being the one who was leaking all that stuff to Holder and Kravitz during the season. He and Kravitz were having a go at each other, veiled threats etc.. Personally if I were Irsay I'd use the presser to announce that press privileges had been withdrawn from both of them and the village id*ot Doyel.

Can't believe the word I*iot is censored on here. How else can you describe Doyel?.

1 minute ago, sfergson727 said:

That report is over 8 hours old. It is a what if report....Holder,  ESPN and 97.1 and 1070 are all saying no word as of yet.

Just now, csmopar said:

That report is over 8 hours old. It is a what if report....Holder,  ESPN and 97.1 and 1070 are all saying no word as of yet.

It doesn't sound like a what if report.  "Now that Chuck Pagano has been officially fired" doesn't sound what if at all.

2 minutes ago, MartinPeterson said:

Word is leaking out that Kravitz is to replace Grigson and Doyel is the new head coach and he will be assisted by Dakich. Could be just a rumor though.

Dakich was tweeting last night accusing Pagano of being the one who was leaking all that stuff to Holder and Kravitz during the season. He and Kravitz were having a go at each other, veiled threats etc.. Personally if I were Irsay I'd use the presser to announce that press privileges had been withdrawn from both of them and the village id*ot Doyel.

Can'r believe the word I*iot is censored...

We're on to SB 51 now for sure!

This is pretty strange honestly. I assumed they would make an announcement between 3-4. They wanted to wait until player media availability in the locker room had ended, but not long after. If it was as open and shut as we've been led to believe it would have happened by now. Curious situation.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He can't let him twist too long since Chuck doesn't have a contract another team could hire him.

The only thing saving us from that is the Rooney rule. Makes it tougher to quickly pull off.

If we let him go, Chuck will not be jobless for long. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

The only thing saving us from that is the Rooney rule. Makes it tougher to quickly pull off.

If we let him go, Chuck will not be jobless for long. 

I thought Chuck was done with coaching if he isn't coaching here?  I personally think he will take another job as well.

Just now, presto123 said:

I thought Chuck was done with coaching if he isn't coaching here?  I personally think he will take another job as well.

I think he said that as just showing how much he's committed to Indy. Wouldn't make sense to say it during the season that he's open to coach elsewhere.