Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Dalton...... Thin Skin or what?

Jackie Daytona

Supposedly it was in response to JJ's comments. I would like to know how it was put to Dalton, JJ's comments seemed pretty benign to me.

Ditto.

JJ's comments just seemed odd/dorky. I couldn't imagine Andy having such a response to such an odd comment.

Maybe it's some special new secret smack talk thing I'm not familiar with yet.

:nutz:

I do think it borders on stereotyping and making fun of a person's personal features, whether it is red hair or whatever. The "red" part didn't needed to be emphasized, he could gloat that they made the QB look ordinary but using "red" targets Dalton's personal appearance. Whether you like Dalton or not, I did not feel it was the right choice of words from JJ.

If other jokes are not dismissed in the name of political correctness, why should this one be? Just saying. :)

I do think it borders on stereotyping and making fun of a person's personal features, whether it is red hair or whatever. The "red" part didn't needed to be emphasized, he could gloat that they made the QB look ordinary but using "red" targets Dalton's personal appearance. Whether you like Dalton or not, I did not feel it was the right choice of words from JJ.

If other jokes are not dismissed in the name of political correctness, why should this one be? Just saying. :)

The nickname that Watt was playing off of is based on Dalton's hair color. 

I don't think his comment was discriminatory in any way.

i can only assume dalton had his mommy holding his hand as he made those comments

haha  Good one SDS. Dalton take a deep breath man. How exactly would small children or football youth find what he said to you as offensive or over the line? 

You have red hair. Your team nickname is the 'Red Rifle'; the "Christmas Story" film reference is just a joke to indicate that a foe didn't find you or your team a worthy adversary. It's not like he called you Ralphie's Easter Bunny suit. Lighten up Andy & put your big boy pants on okay. SMH. Fake outrage pure & simple. Wow.  

The thing I love about JJ Watt is that if his team had lost on MNF he would have given Dalton & his offense credit. Don't forget that. JJ's a competitor & a stand up guy. He's just awesome & he said nothing wrong here period. 

I would not react to anything JJ Watt says until his team slithers out of the "Hall of Incompetence". None of this would happen if the blood sucking media would let the athletes wipe the sweat off the brows before jamming the mic in their faces with questions a five year old could think of. Stick with the cheap commercials Watt and keep your mouth shut until you can back it up with something better than 2-14.

I would not react to anything JJ Watt says until his team slithers out of the "Hall of Incompetence". None of this would happen if the blood sucking media would let the athletes wipe the sweat off the brows before jamming the mic in their faces with questions a five year old could think of. Stick with the cheap commercials Watt and keep your mouth shut until you can back it up with something better than 2-14.

Watt has been to the playoffs twice. Won defensive POTY twice and is probably the best player in the NFL. He can trash talk whenever he wants, but what he said about Dalton wasn't trash talk.

Wait, was this a weak ploy on Dalton's part to mask his horrible performance on the field & make the Cincinnati fan base feel sorry for him & forget about the loss? 

Vintage Terrell Owens: "That's my quarterback!" [Evoke the sympathy vote] It sure feels like it Andy. Grow up & come back to me when you have a real problem Mr. Dalton thank you. 

Honestly, I burst out laughing at Dalton's response because it reminded me of that You Tube video where a woman crying screams "Leave Britney [spears] alone!" Stop picking on Andy! etc. 

Except that Dalton is the one doing the screaming or making a mountain out of mole hill here which makes this whole episode hilarious in my estimation.

I had no idea Andy was so fragile or should I say frag g lay? [Another Christmas Story film joke.]  

At least Manning, unlike Dalton, has a SB ring & playoff victories on his resume. You, on the other hand, not so much. 

Watt has been to the playoffs twice. Won defensive POTY twice and is probably the best player in the NFL. He can trash talk whenever he wants, but what he said about Dalton wasn't trash talk.

He was also voted #1 for the Player's top 100 and for what it's worth, he probably could have / should have won MVP last year.

Wait, was this a weak ploy on Dalton's part to mask his horrible performance on the field & make the Cincinnati fan base feel sorry for him & forget about the loss? 

Vintage Terrell Owens: "That's my quarterback!" [Evoke the sympathy vote] It sure feels like it Andy. Grow up & come back to me when you have a real problem Mr. Dalton thank you. 

Honestly, I burst out laughing at Dalton's response because it reminded me of that You Tube video where a woman crying screams "Leave Britney [spears] alone!" Stop picking on Andy! etc. 

Except that Dalton is the one doing the screaming or making a mountain out of mole hill here which makes this whole episode hilarious in my estimation.

I had no idea Andy was so fragile or should I say frag g lay? [Another Christmas Story film joke.]  

At least Manning, unlike Dalton, has a SB ring & playoff victories on his resume. You, on the other hand, not so much. 

I just hate guys who haven't done anything yet acting like they warrant my empathy over something this lame & childish. I will defend JJ & QBs like Peyton because they have paid their dues & proven themselves as opposed to Dalton who hasn't arrived yet. 

Surely you jest.

*Blondes take note

Reminds me of Lawrence Taylor the difference LT's team won it all. I recall when the Texans arrived in Logan Airport and came top the stadium with the high school jersey type jackets worn because the were winning. The Pats responded by running their faces in the turf. So if any player on a perennial losing team wants to call other players names he can do so watching the playoffs from the comfort of his easy chair. Keep in mine the Texans D this season was supposed to be tops. Players should wait until they are winners before they run they jaws and even then it can back fire, look at San Francisco and Seattle. Best advise: shut up and play.

Reminds me of Lawrence Taylor the difference LT's team won it all. I recall when the Texans arrived in Logan Airport and came top the stadium with the high school jersey type jackets worn because the were winning. The Pats responded by running their faces in the turf. So if any player on a perennial losing team wants to call other players names he can do so watching the playoffs from the comfort of his easy chair. Keep in mine the Texans D this season was supposed to be tops. Players should wait until they are winners before they run they jaws and even then it can back fire, look at San Francisco and Seattle. Best advise: shut up and play.

Yeah, because Watt is the only player in NFL history to ever talk trash. I guess only the Super Bowl MVP is allowed to do it every year, because he won it all. Yep sounds legit.

Yeah, because Watt is the only player in NFL history to ever talk trash. I guess only the Super Bowl MVP is allowed to do it every year, because he won it all. Yep sounds legit.

Why do it at all, especially after the game? I really like watt, but this was childish.

Why do it at all, especially after the game? I really like watt, but this was childish.

I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said, and that seems to be the majority of the public opinion on the matter. He made a quip that he thought would be funny. He wasn't trying to insult Dalton or anything like that. Like some have said, there are worse things football players say to each other while playing. Now if we talk about Adam Jones' comments after the game...now that's childish.

Is this one of those comments where you just want to go at it with Qwiz again? Because people on ehre say worse things to each other all the time. Everyone here is guilty of that...

Were not professional athletes that have every word scrutinised either. I haven't seen one of these threads all over espn and Fox sports.

Why say anything about the opponent after the game is over?

I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said, and that seems to be the majority of the public opinion on the matter. He made a quip that he thought would be funny. He wasn't trying to insult Dalton or anything like that. Like some have said, there are worse things football players say to each other while playing. Now if we talk about Adam Jones' comments after the game...now that's childish.

Pacman is a *. Holding yourself to his standards isn't a good thing