Report: Colts Concerned with Pagano's Decision-Making Even After Win

RockThatBlue

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he's still being let go at the end of the year

Grigson is all in Irsay's ear and he's also part of the problem. Only FA he brought in that's working out is Gore & Langford

He's had his share of the blame as well, misses a lot in FA. But this draft class aside from the Dorsett pick might let him play out the final year of his contract next season

And as far as that PR TD goes, that's Dwayne Allen's fault. Rewatch the play and you'll see Allen unblocked in the lane the returner took and let him run right pass. I'm not a fan of offensive player's being on special teams but the depth chart forces it being as how you only have 53 players

Grigson is all in Irsay's ear and he's also part of the problem. Only FA he brought in that's working out is Gore & Langford

He's had his share of the blame as well, misses a lot in FA. But this draft class aside from the Dorsett pick might let him play out the final year of his contract next season

adams vontae butler toler is decent. walden is good. cory redding was a beast. hes made good and bad signings

Many, including me, have questioned the team's preparedness ans Chuck's decision making. Kind of deer/headlights schenario. This eeek seemed better. There was a kickoff i thought for sure was gonna be oneides. But it wasn't. I just don't think Chuck is the detail oriented , stat and percentage kind of guy.

But other effects on players are important too. We keep hearing how much the players like him.

I'm not sure how i feel about Chuck as HC. I think he should at least be able to control his own destiny this year. Maybe give him another assistant to monitor the "details" during the game. I think he 's a great rah-rah coach and teacher. I doubt he'll ever be the calculating type.

I think it's "more likely than not" that Pagano does not come back next year.

That said,   here's an interesting possibility...

Suppose the Colts go on a nice run for the 2nd half of the season and finish,  say 10-6.   Suppose they win a game or two in the playoffs before losing.

If the offense looks better under Chudzinski,  then that's good on Pagano for bringing him in.     There's an argument that some of our biggest problems were "Pep" related and that would be on Grigson,  who is the author of the other problems -- poor OL and spotty defense.

I think as long as Pagano remains popular with the players and the team plays hard,  if the team has a strong second half and a decent run in the playoffs,  I think there could be a growing chance for Pagano to stay.

Yes,  I'm serious.

I'm NOT predicting this.    I'm NOT saying this will happen.     I'm only saying it COULD happen and not to rule it out.....

Just some food for thought.....

Wow...... a half season of crap and you're ready to move on....

Boy, you've really suffered. I don't know why you even put up with this.....?

half a season? we have had slow starts to games since chuck got here and I'm no fan of Grigson blowing all our cap on mostly average to crap players

Really?     You could've talked with Jim Irsay after the game with your phone?

Congrats!      You're way ahead of the game......

No, but I heard Irsay's interview where he said they should have punted out of bounds.  Nothing he said in that video clip was anything that I did not already know just by doing a little internet browsing.

I have no problems with Chuck with a good OC and some even more improved personnel on the D. In some ways you can kind of see where they may have some concerns when you look at things like 28 straight passes in the Buffalo game, the fake punt in New England, the fake punt on our own 20 to 30 yard line at Dallas, just the lack of sharpness on big stages. He is making some strides though.

This is no surprise. That was a boneheaded punt. Pat should have known better without being told so.

hindsight is 20/20. This guy wasn't some dangerous kick returner. The punt team has been good all year. If they would have done their job and tackled the guy like they've done ALL year we're not having this discussion.

If you ask me the more and more it sounds like Grigson has been the meddling micro managing problem. Irsay should never had giving Grigson that much power. You have a coach to coach. Sink or swim let him do his damn job his way. He's the one who's goi g to come under fire so might as well make him earn in instead of forcing coaches and player personel on him then threatening to fire him. What a joke. Can't even enjoy a win without the higher ups causing drama.

hindsight is 20/20. This guy wasn't some dangerous kick returner. The punt team has been good all year. If they would have done their job and tackled the guy like they've done ALL year we're not having this discussion.

Yes, but in that situation a punt out of bounds is the smart move regardless of the outcome. And you certainly don't want a ~65 yard punt that out kicks the coverage, as that kick was.

half a season? we have had slow starts to games since chuck got here and I'm no fan of Grigson blowing all our cap on mostly average to crap players

Yes,  a half a season. 

Screw slow starts to games.      That doesn't get coaches and GM's fired.     LOSING games gets your fired.

11, 12 and 13 wins their first three years doesn't get you fired.       Well,  except here it might.

One bad year.      And for right now,  it's half a season.     That's it.    There's been a half of one bad season.

And Grigson, for all of his mistakes,  has put together the roster for those first three successful seasons.

Look at all the franchises that are bad most every year.     There are a number of them.    They'd kill for even an average year.

Winning is hard.      And the only thing harder than winning is sustained winning year after year.

Irsay talked to the media after last night's win which is very rare for him and after talking about how great the win was brought up the punt at the end of the half and how that can't happen.  I think Irsay wants to know why that ball wasn't kicked out of bounds and that could be feeding into this. 

No, but I heard Irsay's interview where he said they should have punted out of bounds.  Nothing he said in that video clip was anything that I did not already know just by doing a little internet browsing.

Great for you.     But Cole's audience is not just for you and other Colts fans.

It's for anyone and everyone.

There was nothing wrong with the report.     First hand reporting is always the best.    

Irsay talked to the media after last night's win which is very rare for him and after talking about how great the win was brought up the punt at the end of the half and how that can't happen.  I think Irsay wants to know why that ball wasn't kicked out of bounds and that could be feeding into this. 

It was a win over Peyton. Yep, he was relishing it :). I am not a bit surprised.

I think it's "more likely than not" that Pagano does not come back next year.

That said, here's an interesting possibility...

Suppose the Colts go on a nice run for the 2nd half of the season and finish, say 10-6. Suppose they win a game or two in the playoffs before losing.

If the offense looks better under Chudzinski, then that's good on Pagano for bringing him in. There's an argument that some of our biggest problems were "Pep" related and that would be on Grigson, who is the author of the other problems -- poor OL and spotty defense.

I think as long as Pagano remains popular with the players and the team plays hard, if the team has a strong second half and a decent run in the playoffs, I think there could be a growing chance for Pagano to stay.

Yes, I'm serious.

I'm NOT predicting this. I'm NOT saying this will happen. I'm only saying it COULD happen and not to rule it out.....

Just some food for thought.....

Im gonna take it even further..

Say we win out, win the superbowl....now what? Offer Chuck a much much larger contract or let him walk and bring in someone else

Just saw it was Jason Cole who reported this. Yawn. He has no inside source whatsoever.

He is the ultimate dot connector. His source is.....a special teams blunder + Irsay mentions blunder = Jason Cole's source. He was on radio today talking about how that kind of stuff will get Pagano fired.

Chud showed that playcalling can have a lot to do with the offense's productivity, even with a mediocre offensive line.

The D stepped up when they needed to, although I think we'd all agree that the third down conversion rate (of just about any team we've played except Houston) is way too high; the D is on the field too long.  Playcalling/scheme needs tweaking and maybe a few minor personnel changes.

I think the players love Pagano and respond well to him in his leadership role.  

By getting rid of Chuck and Chudzinski and getting an entire new staff, you risk more setbacks.  Give it time now that Chud is in the OC position.  

That said, I think we should keep Pagano.  

Chud showed that playcalling can have a lot to do with the offense's productivity, even with a mediocre offensive line.

The D stepped up when they needed to, although I think we'd all agree that the third down conversion rate (of just about any team we've played except Houston) is way too high; the D is on the field too long.  Playcalling/scheme needs tweaking and maybe a few minor personnel changes.

I think the players love Pagano and respond well to him in his leadership role.  

By getting rid of Chuck and Chudzinski and getting an entire new staff, you risk more setbacks.  Give it time now that Chud is in the OC position.  

That said, I think we should keep Pagano.

This whole "the players love Chuck" thing is highly overrated. Did they hate him the first few weeks of the season? Lol