Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Make or break for pagano.....

needanoline63

Irsay just has high expectations. As he should.

True, maybe I just interpreted the article wrong.

Youre right. Irsay should have high expectations, but at the rate things are going, he should not expect the team to get to the super bowl.

Does that make sense? Kind of confusing I guess

Jim Irsay should probably hold off on that Superbowl expectation, so he does not get AS dissapointed if/when it does not come to fruition.

Basically he's expecting the Coaching staff and Grigson to get things back on track and get the playoffs out of the way so they can focus on the Superbowl game. Far easier said than done obviously.

I'm not sure if Irsay truly feels the team is capable of accomplishing this feat, but if he does than everyone has their work cut out for them this point forward. I suggest Jim Irsay just hamper his expectations, see how everything plays out and then make his decisions after he sleeps on it.

I hope the Colts turn things around...totally possible but boy, it's going to take a lot to right the ship!

Added to our frustration is the fact that the Pats are having a great season and whispers of Brady being the G.O.A.T (which could NEVER happen IMO, because of the cheating, and the fact that Joe Montana never lost a SB and never had an int. in a SB, but that's another topic).

I hope the Colts turn things around...totally possible but boy, it's going to take a lot to right the ship!

Added to our frustration is the fact that the Pats are having a great season and whispers of Brady being the G.O.A.T (which could NEVER happen IMO, because of the cheating, and the fact that Joe Montana never lost a SB and never had an int. in a SB, but that's another topic).

Cant overlook Terry Bradshaw. He won 4 super bowls back to back two times. 2 super bowl MVPs all while calling his own plays. But like you say, that's another topic. :)

They held their own against NE, except for a stupid play, though they could have done better with the run in the second half.

When New Orleans came to town, the entire team fell apart, coaching included.  I can't figure out what happened.  

I have a theory...They had 10 days to prepare for NE due to the Thursday night game and so they had a little extra prep time coaches and players. They blew chunks on that fake punt fiasco and I think it hung over to the next week. U can't tell me that even a pro team isnt effected by negative press and second guessing. That's my theory

why would the owner of an NFL team expect anything less than the best?

would he be a good owner if he said, "you know what...almost half in to season and we havent come out on fire...so id assume we wont the rest of the year. We suck, look at our roster...we will be lucky to not lose every game moving forward."

i think that might make a few here happy....but that is a weak leader. A leader knows no matter the adversity, he must rally his troops and lead them to the end game. If Patton would have said....well on paper these tanks are good, but we lost a few little skirmishes...the war? yea, no way we can win that after getting knocked down a few times. ...

People want expectations to be met...but wen there is hardship...Judas....most all of the "fans" ive seen lately.

What you think about is what you bring about...and wen the collective thoughts are negative....

Well since he refuses to do anything about Pep you could say that. If his hands are tied with Pep then I'd be making it known. I would have went to Irsay a long time ago

I loved Pags' comment about Luck not having enough time to throw the ball...."Well, he's been doing it for three yers so he's used to it."

If Irsay thinks a superbowl is still attainable with this poor roster and bad coaching he needs to really reevaluate his team. Or put down the glass rose and chore boy.

Yeah, the stress of the season has made Big Jim delusional...or else he has gotten some new really weird stuff.

It's over, Jim...you can 'let 'er rip' with the changes any time.

Irsay isn't delusional. He knows what he wants. Grigson just got cocky and bit off more than he could chew, and seems to have convinced Irsay in the offseason that this was a Super bowl team.

Grigson's desires for multiple Super Bowls and his comments about Polian a few months back are exactly why you won't see Grigson after this season. My only disagreement is that I don't think this team has disappointed this year. I think they overachieved the first 3 years due to a lot of favorable circumstances. You can win multiple SBs with Luck but it'll take time. And Irsay needs to realize that. Find a GM who is going to take the time to build a good roster with a strong young nucleus, and not just draft a mixed bag of players, overpay a few FAs and say he's got a Super Bowl team. The SB is the goal every year but Irsay needs to be patient and hire a GM who understands that. Luck is only 26, you've got plenty of time.