Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts try out new OL players

Coltsfanman1953

Sorry about that...I didn't mean to offend...good find.

The 'meh..' is intended for Grigson who keeps bottom feeding, giving the appearance of doing something.

You know the boss at work who keeps implementing new rules that are so dumb so it looks like they are doing something? Yeah, that's grigs, lol.

This is doing nothing.  Neither of those players will come in and help the team NOW that is definitely in win now mode.

no but who knows, he might be a starter next year, and he could save us a drafting 1 more OL,  I doubt it tough, but what to loose ? nothing..

This is doing nothing.  Neither of those players will come in and help the team NOW that is definitely in win now mode.

The 'meh..' is intended for Grigson who keeps bottom feeding, giving the appearance of doing something.

You know the boss at work who keeps implementing new rules that are so dumb so it looks like they are doing something? Yeah, that's grigs, lol.

That's not the attitude Grigson had when he originally signed Darius Butler. Or a couple weeks ago when he signed Josh Thomas.

I sometimes wonder what the deal is around here. Teams try out free agents every week. The Patriots worked out Hakeem Nicks, Isaiah Pead and Nick Kasa this week; is that "doing nothing"? None of them are top shelf players. This is just part of the job. But when Grigson simply does the run of the mill stuff that every GM does every week, he's accused of all kinds of nonsense. 

Who hurt you guys???

That's not the attitude Grigson had when he originally signed Darius Butler. Or a couple weeks ago when he signed Josh Thomas.

I sometimes wonder what the deal is around here. Teams try out free agents every week. The Patriots worked out Hakeem Nicks, Isaiah Pead and Nick Kasa this week; is that "doing nothing"? None of them are top shelf players. This is just part of the job. But when Grigson simply does the run of the mill stuff that every GM does every week, he's accused of all kinds of nonsense. 

Who hurt you guys???

They had too visits from the Library Policeman when they were younger.

Stephen King fans will get the reference.

Who hurt you guys???

I know for me, I'm just frustrated with the lack of direction aside from an injured QB. You're going to see a lot of frustrated, not well composed ideas over the next few days. I'm already guilty of it-lol.

I get your point and I get the cynicism too.

I know for me, I'm just frustrated with the lack of direction aside from an injured QB. I think your going to see a lot of frustrated, not well composed ideas over the next few days. I'm guilty of it.

I get your point and I get the cynicism too.

I've said many times, there's plenty to be critical of. I just don't understand why we need to make things up.

I sometimes wonder what the deal is around here. Teams try out free agents every week. The Patriots worked out Hakeem Nicks, Isaiah Pead and Nick Kasa this week; is that "doing nothing"? None of them are top shelf players. This is just part of the job. But when Grigson simply does the run of the mill stuff that every GM does every week, he's accused of all kinds of nonsense.

Who hurt you guys???

You hurt me Superman...it's the whole underwear over pants thing...still don't think a cape nullifies that. For real though, I just thought the reference was funny, it doesn't bother me that he worked people out. Not his biggest fan, but working people out is a non issue for me, which I know the Colts are concerned with what I think. Lol

Epic Fail...

Bottom feeding?  No just looking at players who MAY be able to contribute - do you think the next Anthony Munoz is not already on the roster at this time of year?

More to the point, he is simply doing what everyone else in his position does.

Grigson can't win in fans eyes it seems unless a super bowl title is won.

We have such high standards the peyton era. I cant figure out why this team is not producing the way i think its capable of. Patriots game aside we should be executing better.

Thats more coaching, isn't it. The team seems to not be as prepared as our competiion.

I can't figure it out cuz even with this OL , i just think the talent on O should be roing much better. I've been satisfiel overall with the defense and believe it will improve to be adequate for a run. The offense, however, i have little faith in, at least for the moment. But i sure seem to see the talent we have there.

Who hurt you guys???

I won't be satisfied until Grigson starts trying out the players who are starting caliber or even pro-bowlers who aren't currently on a roster. I mean...there has to be a number of them just waiting for a call.

Who hurt you guys???

:thmup:

March 19, 2015

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/19/report-titans-agree-to-two-year-deal-with-tackle-byron-stingily/

...Stingily, 26, has started 9-of-20 games in four seasons with Tennessee. He’s made eight starts at right tackle, with four coming in place of the injured Michael Oher in 2014.

The Titans released Oher after the season, opening a starting spot, and it’s possible Stingily could vie for the No. 1 right tackle role. The club could also look to add to their tackle ranks in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/colton-underwood?id=2549927

DE Colton Underwood

Illinois St.  Missouri Valley

2549927.jpg

Grade 4.85?

Draft Analysis:
  • 6'3" Height
  • 31 1/8" Arm Length
  • 256LBS. Weight
  • 9" Hands
Analysis

Strengths Thickly built and muscular. Toils in the weight room, and it shows (26 bench press reps). Good eyes and instincts. Plays with leverage. Motor runs hot -- brings consistent intensity and pursuit effort. Closes hard down the line. Arrives with bad intentions and hits with thump. Has some bulldog in him -- lined up everywhere and competed even when overmatched. Has a special-teams mentality. Outstanding, face-of-the-program type makeup -- very hardworking, tough and competitive. Loves football and hones his craft when no one's watching. Professional approach. Team captain as a 21-year-old senior.

Weaknesses Has 'tweener traits -- lacks ideal length for defensive end and speed for outside linebacker. Plays short-armed and can be subdued by larger linemen who get their hands on him. Is tight-hipped and shows some stiffness in his movement (shows in space). Average suddenness and flexibility. Does not change direction or accelerate explosively. Too much production is effort-based, and numbers decreased as a senior without the benefit of Nate Palmer (Packers) and Shelby Harris on the line.

Draft Projection Round 7-Priority free agent

Bottom Line A two-time Buck Buchanan Award finalist, Underwood is a productive, motivated, high-motor effort rusher who compensates for natural limitations with relentlessness. Has the determination to carve a niche as a core special-teams player and backup defensive end/rotational pass rusher, but will have to adapt as a small fish in a big pond, particularly given his short arms and average athleticism and flexibility.

-Nolan Nawrocki

and people complain when he does nothing, must be tough to be Grigson..

I wouldn't really call working out a couple of FA guys "something". Every team does it. The Chiefs just worked out like 4 RBs the past couple of days.

When people talk about him doing nothing, it's usually in regards to the draft and the beginning of FA where a lot of guys get cut or aren't resigned.

Sep 3, 2014,

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/9/3/6100905/nfl-practice-squad-eagles-colton-underwood-linebacker

Underwood is a rookie outside linebacker that hails from Indianapolis, Indiana.

At only 22 years of age, he measures in at 6-3 and 254 lbs. Underwood played college football at Illinois State before signing with the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted rookie free agent in May 2014.

Underwood played in 45 preseason snaps for the Chargers, according to Pro Football Focus. During that time he showed some potential as a pass rusher. Underwood recorded 1 sack (which was actually on a game-ending play), 1 quarterback hit, and 4 quarterback hurries.

Here's a scouting report on Underwood via Nolan Nawrocki (NFL.com)

Strengths Thickly built and muscular. Toils in the weight room, and it shows (26 bench press reps). Good eyes and instincts. Plays with leverage. Motor runs hot -- brings consistent intensity and pursuit effort. Closes hard down the line. Arrives with bad intentions and hits with thump. Has some bulldog in him -- lined up everywhere and competed even when overmatched. Has a special-teams mentality. Outstanding, face-of-the-program type makeup -- very hardworking, tough and competitive. Loves football and hones his craft when no one's watching. Professional approach. Team captain as a 21-year-old senior.

Weaknesses Has 'tweener traits -- lacks ideal length for defensive end and speed for outside linebacker. Plays short-armed and can be subdued by larger linemen who get their hands on him. Is tight-hipped and shows some stiffness in his movement (shows in space). Average suddenness and flexibility. Does not change direction or accelerate explosively. Too much production is effort-based, and numbers decreased as a senior without the benefit of Nate Palmer (Packers) and Shelby Harris on the line.

Draft Projection Round 7-Priority free agent Bottom Line A two-time Buck Buchanan Award finalist, Underwood is a productive, motivated, high-motor effort rusher who compensates for natural limitations with relentlessness. Has the determination to carve a niche as a core special-teams player and backup defensive end/rotational pass rusher, but will have to adapt as a small fish in a big pond, particularly given his short arms and average athleticism and flexibility.

I don't care who they try out now after the fact. The should have drafted Collins w.the 7th round pick.Then we wouldn't have to be trying all the time. At some point, you have to do. And using a 7th on Collins was a low risk, high reward. 1st round talent in the 7th. Especially when you know he could play. Try doing the right thing for once instead of trying all these experimental stuff.

I don't care who they try out now after the fact. The should have drafted Collins w.the 7th round pick.Then we wouldn't have to be trying all the time. At some point, you have to do. And using a 7th on Collins was a low risk, high reward. 1st round talent in the 7th. Especially when you know he could play. Try doing the right thing for once instead of trying all these experimental stuff.

Don't you guys get it......if we would have drafted Collins he wouldn't play this year and be eligible for the draft next year. I don't care what his agent said about he would have played this year.....I think he said that out of anger and to possibly make all GM's look dumb.

Taking Collins in the 7th would have been one of these experimental things you dislike.  His agent had come out and said he was not going to sign a contract with any team that drafts him and would instead re-apply for the 2016 draft.  Given the situation, it would have still been a risk/experiment to draft him in the 7th round because you very well could have been throwing that pick away instead of at least taking a chance on a player who could develop

I wouldn't really call working out a couple of FA guys "something". Every team does it. The Chiefs just worked out like 4 RBs the past couple of days.

When people talk about him doing nothing, it's usually in regards to the draft and the beginning of FA where a lot of guys get cut or aren't resigned.

Then tell me what would you do different.. that Grigson is not doing.

Who hurt you guys???

Grigs hurt us when he didnt improve the line  in 4 years