Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener

spartancolt

Balled out today..Nice to see him targeted so much!!Showed fight with extra curriculars.. Flat out dragging defenders..He is no Gronk tho..those posters please fall back.

The offense has seemed to target the TEs much more in the last 5 quarters of play than they have in the prior 11 quarters of play.  The philosophy seems to be changing which is what needed to happen. 

I don't get the obsession with Coby's hair. What difference does it make how he wears his hair. That crap is what my old man used to tell me growing up.

i really don't care how he wears it. but i do think it he looks a lot better without it. nothing against long hair in general, but it doesn't work for everyone

at this point i just think it's funny

How do we know that Allen is a better player than Fleener? He had two holding calls against him the last time I checked. Just saying. :thmup:

It's not a secret that Allen is superior to Fleener, especially because of his better blocking ability, it's just his injuries pile up every year.

i really don't care how he wears it. but i do think it he looks a lot better without it. nothing against long hair in general, but it doesn't work for everyone

at this point i just think it's funny

Same here... Maybe a little bit of hair envy too, says the bald guy.

Fleener's been needing to get more targets. We're just finally starting to get him the ball. He can be a top 10 TE in the league IMO. And his hair is awesome btw. If we only keep one TE this offseason its gotta be Fleener. Allen cant play a full season.

Allen is slowly playing himself out of Indy while Fleener, who is not as good, is at least consistently healthy.

Allen just can't stay healthy.  Fleener can.  Fleener is who they will keep.  I know Allen might be more well rounded (and that's a matter of opinion) but being well rounded does you no good if you know that player is going to miss at least a handful of games every season.  It wouldn't shock me if they go with Fleener, Doyle (who while not flashy isn't bad), and a new tightend next season. 

It's not a secret that Allen is superior to Fleener, especially because of his better blocking ability, it's just his injuries pile up every year.

How do you figure he is superior when he don't contribute? Skill means zero if you can't stay healthy. To say one is better than the other means little when their talents are different. I seen Doyle make as good of blocks as I have seen Allen make so does that make Doyle as good as Allen just because of blocking? To compare the two makes little difference because they both do their jobs when on the field.

fleener can't block well enough to hold.

One,  he wasn't drafted for his blocking skill.

Two,  his blocking has gotten better and is not a problem.     Fleener is never going to be a blocking tight end,  but he still brings a special skill set to the team.

He's a weapon for the Colts.

I don't know how you could say that considering Allen is always hurt as you say.  His reputation from the few times we saw him early on in his career has carried him.  But looking at actual productivity, I find it hard to say he's superior to Fleener.  Also, watch Coby when he does block.  Not the greatest, but huge improvement over past seasons.

I think out of our successful draft a few years back Allen will be the odd one out who doesn't get a contract, from the coaches perspective, Fleener is a better receiver and Doyle can be the blocker (maybe not as good as Allen but stays healthy and fills the role), because of injuries he will likely walk and we might bring someone in or someone up (Mgrath?)