Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck to Arizona rumor -- no kidding!

azcolt

A local Phoenix TV station actually speculated that this could happen when his rookie contract ends in their sports segment yesterday. Their belief is Luck would like to play for Arians again and had been fed up with Pagano and company even before Chuck's comments. I guess these kinds of nutty rumors will be the new normal unless the team does something on or off the field to change the dark clouds surrounding it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many fans think Luck will stay regardless of the teams success or a soap opera battle between coach andthe GM. Maybe they still think Manning is the QB. Luck owes the Colts northing and that is the same amount of help he is getting. Dollars are dollars but Luck is young but more important he is smart so we will see how this pans out but when a team fails most players seek greener grass elsewhere and think what the Colts could ask for in a trade. You never know. Like Yogi Berra said, "when you come to a fork in the road take it".

Too many fans think Luck will stay regardless of the teams success or a soap opera battle between coach andthe GM. Maybe they still think Manning is the QB. Luck owes the Colts northing and that is the same amount of help he is getting. Dollars are dollars but Luck is young but more important he is smart so we will see how this pans out but when a team fails most players seek greener grass elsewhere and think what the Colts could ask for in a trade. You never know. Like Yogi Berra said, "when you come to a fork in the road take it".

Luck is under contract next year and then after that the franchise tag is available.  Please tell me his options.

"Under contract" is meaningless now days and when he decides to pack his bags is anyone's guess assuming he will and he may not but the idea he will never leave no matter how bad things may get is just plain dumb.

Very well.....then let us immediately tender offers to the entire Cowboys offensive line.

And let's throw in Julio Jones, Rob Gronkowski and LeVeon Bell for good measure.

Perhaps that would convince Luck to stay. :facepalm:

I just made myself laugh thinking Luck a freee Agent in 2 years, brady retires and BB signs Luck roflmao.. this place would implode... lmgdao

That will not happen. The patriots are not going to be the ones to offer 25 mil a year. They already have bradys replacement and hes going to be cheap

A local Phoenix TV station actually speculated that this could happen when his rookie contract ends in their sports segment yesterday. Their belief is Luck would like to play for Arians again and had been fed up with Pagano and company even before Chuck's comments. I guess these kinds of nutty rumors will be the new normal unless the team does something on or off the field to change the dark clouds surrounding it.

Chuck's comments post game were eerily similar to comments made by Jim Mora after a Manning threw 4 interceptions vs the 49ers back in 2001. Granted, it didnt have the twangy "Playoffs"? rant but it was very similar and Mora pointed the finger squarely at Manning. Strangely enough, it happned to be Peyton's 4th year in the league. Granted, we had lost Edge to the ACL injury and the team was reeling. However, this is not uncharted territory for the Colts.

For those that dont recall or were like 3 in 2001 the Colts did not make the playoffs, Jim Mora was fired at the end of the season for refusing to fire his Defensive Coordinator, Vic Fangio and Tony Dungy was hired and the rest is history as they say.

That will not happen. The patriots are not going to be the ones to offer 25 mil a year. They already have bradys replacement and hes going to be cheap

lol it was a joke, but you have to admit this place would IMPLODE.  I also think Jimmy G going be a good QB as well IF the Pats keep him and dont trade him away for say a #1 pick this year.

Chuck's comments post game were eerily similar to comments made by Jim Mora after a Manning threw 4 interceptions vs the 49ers back in 2001. Granted, it didnt have the twangy "Playoffs"? rant but it was very similar and Mora pointed the finger squarely at Manning. Strangely enough, it happned to be Peyton's 4th year in the league. Granted, we had lost Edge to the ACL injury and the team was reeling. However, this is not uncharted territory for the Colts.

For those that dont recall or were like 3 in 2001 the Colts did not make the playoffs, Jim Mora was fired at the end of the season for refusing to fire his Defensive Coordinator, Vic Fangio and Tony Dungy was hired and the rest is history as they say.

Yep. I agree I think Chuck and company will be gone by February........

If that were to happen...the entire LEAGUE would implode............................

lol true, But I could see a QB like Luck being lured by a BB  who lets face it even made Cassel look like a potential star QB for a year, and Luck only would look in Free Agency if 1. the colts regressed this year and next and 2. Because of said downturn the Colts decide move in a new direction with a new QB.

From a different perspective, maybe (KEY WORD) this is why Luck isn't signed. Not because Irsay doesn't want to yet, but because Luck doesn't want to yet. A wait and see approach by him.

Wait and see if we can fix our stuff.

If luck does leave, the repercussions are not only not having a QB, but the rest of the league will see the team as utterly dysfunctional as the Browns and Raiders. No one will sign with us, and any good players will bail at first chance.

It could affect us for many years to come.

I would equate this to being as much of a disaster to the colts, as the world abandoning the dollar would be for the U.S.

Yep. I agree I think Chuck and company will be gone by February........

For those of  you who are wondering, in his first 3 years Manning threw 53 interceptions. Luck threw 43. Manning threw 23 in his 4th season. So, when I hear people complain about Luck's turnovers it drives me crazy. Plus, when  you drop back 45-50 times a game you're gonna throw some interceptions.

For those of  you who are wondering, in his first 3 years Manning threw 53 interceptions. Luck threw 43. Manning threw 23 in his 4th season. So, when I hear people complain about Luck's turnovers it drives me crazy. Plus, when  you drop back 45-50 times a game you're gonna throw some interceptions.

That is WAY to many pass attempts per game.. I mean occasionally when the gameplan calls for it ok, but ya need run more.

From a different perspective, maybe (KEY WORD) this is why Luck isn't signed. Not because Irsay doesn't want to yet, but because Luck doesn't want to yet. A wait and see approach by him.

Wait and see if we can fix our stuff.

If luck does leave, the repercussions are not only not having a QB, but the rest of the league will see the team as utterly dysfunctional as the Browns and Raiders. No one will sign with us, and any good players will bail at first chance.

It could affect us for many years to come.

I would equate this to being as much of a disaster to the colts, as the world abandoning the dollar would be for the U.S.

Luck isnt going anywhere. The colts just spent mega money on Costanzo and Hilton. They have plenty of time to work out a deal and if there is a contract impasse they always have the franchise tag. People are making something out of nothing

Luck isnt going anywhere. The colts just spent mega money on Costanzo and Hilton. They have plenty of time to work out a deal and if there is a contract impasse they always have the franchise tag. People are making something out of nothing

I don't expect him to leave either. I just followed the 'What If' rabbit hole and saw it to the conclusion.

It is weird that for as vocal an owner as Irsay is, that he hasnt chimed in more on the present state of affairs

I think his daughter Carlie took his phone away. He's only allowed to post game day inactives.

I suspect we'll get a tweet if they play like garbage again this week. I kind of miss his riddles

Very nice recap.

And in that situation...it was a coordinator and not really the HC that was the target of the GM/Irsay.

Also, an arguably better HC than Mora was available, making firing the one you have an easier decision.

In the end, Irsay will find an OC and HC that suits Luck better rather than letting Luck walk.