Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Devon Still workouts with Colts

TKnight24

Nice story, but he is an absolute horrible player, I really don't want to sign him. Would rather have Chapman back than him.

We really have no certain clue if he is a horrible player do we? His off field issues might have effected his play on the field? It's tough to not let personal things enter your mind when he facing his daughters health and who knows, he might work out?

We really have no certain clue if he is a horrible player do we? His off field issues might have effected his play on the field? It's tough to not let personal things enter your mind when he facing his daughters health and who knows, he might work out?

There's tape showing he's bad. Any person that has watched him has a clue if he's good or not. This isn't some player that has ridden the bench his entire career or just got drafted this year. Also, yes, any player could "work out", doesn't mean we sign them. I'll support him if he's signed, but I don't expect much from seeing tape from his games, both live on TV and on the internet.

Yeah it dl that needs all while Brandon spikes and Jake long still on free agancy

Yeah... why are we not jumping all over Spikes...

On May 18, 2015, Spikes agreed to a one-year contract to return to the Patriots. On June 8, 2015, Spikes was released due to a police investigation dealing with an abandoned car belonging to Spikes, which was possibly involved in a hit-and-run.[19] Massachusetts State Police cited Brandon Spikes on June 12, 2015 for leaving a scene of an accident with injury, driving negligently and failing to stay within marked lanes.[20]

SMH.

Football, especially the big guys in the trenches play with as much mental quickness and physical strength. He's big and strong no doubt, but how much mental quickness can he have when his daughter is battling cancer off the field? I feel for the guy, I really do.

Yeah... why are we not jumping all over Spikes...

On May 18, 2015, Spikes agreed to a one-year contract to return to the Patriots. On June 8, 2015, Spikes was released due to a police investigation dealing with an abandoned car belonging to Spikes, which was possibly involved in a hit-and-run.[19] Massachusetts State Police cited Brandon Spikes on June 12, 2015 for leaving a scene of an accident with injury, driving negligently and failing to stay within marked lanes.[20]

SMH.

So you're saying he's got good experience of pursuits? Might be just what we need at ILB.... 

at least you had a 'known.'  

I have a problem with this concept.  A known below average contributor we should have kept over someone who potentially could be average or above average?  I really wanted Chapman to come around, but it seems it never happened.  If we constantly hang onto knowns, we'll never move on and get guys who are better.  Chapman had a LONG time to come around.  He didn't.  It was time to move on.

I kinda wish they had known where Chapman was at and as a result made a legitimate play for Wilfork.  We really need to have that kind of a talent in the middle.  Wilfork, though old, still seems to be better than the majority.

I have a problem with this concept.  A known below average contributor we should have kept over someone who potentially could be average or above average?  I really wanted Chapman to come around, but it seems it never happened.  If we constantly hang onto knowns, we'll never move on and get guys who are better.  Chapman had a LONG time to come around.  He didn't.  It was time to move on.

I kinda wish they had known where Chapman was at and as a result made a legitimate play for Wilfork.  We really need to have that kind of a talent in the middle.  Wilfork, though old, still seems to be better than the majority.

No problem.  Everyone has an opinion.  My real point is we replace Hughes and Chapman with McGill a UFA and Still....not even as average as Chapman was...JMO.

No problem.  Everyone has an opinion.  My real point is we replace Hughes and Chapman with McGill a UFA and Still....not even as average as Chapman was...JMO.

Very true, there is always the possibility that they will be worse.  But I just figure each of those guys had plenty of time to make their value known.  They just never did.  Could be a coaching problem, or just a lack of ability.  I think we wanted Hughes to be lesser Ngata more or less, but it never happened.  Chapman was supposed to be our Wilfork, but that didn't happen either.  I can't fault the management for trying them as each had traits that were similar to those two comparisons, and I won't fault them for moving on and trying someone else.  I just figure if we have to adjust our scheme and get guys with better motors or whatever the case is, do it.  We can't hang on hoping that the 3rd/4th year is the time it finally clicks for guys who should have solidified starting spots by now.

Our former D-Line of Redding, RJF, Chapman, Hughes, were so ridiculously overhyped it's not even funny. It pretty much felt like playing PS players on the entire line. Winn, McGill, and possibly Still are all upgrades.

Sometimes we get into the notion that because "a person has a job, he's more employable."