Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geno Smith sucker punched; Broken jaw; Out 6-10 weeks (Merge)

bababooey

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just pulling backstory out of thin air huh?

I'm sure there's more to it that lead up to that point, but from what's been reported it's safe to say Geno put his finger in a persons face and got clocked because of it. Not the smartest move for Enemkpali since he's probably out of a NFL job for a while, but Geno probably did the dumbest move possible for when you're arguing with someone. You put your finger in someone's face, you're asking for those fist to start flying.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/08/11/jets-qb-geno-smith-gets-sucker-punched-by-teammate-out-6-10-weeks-with-broken-jaw/

Posted · Hidden by Blackhawk4, August 11, 2015 - Not relevant
Hidden by Blackhawk4, August 11, 2015 - Not relevant

No laughing at the Jets if your favorite team gave $40 million to a tight end who turned out to be a serial killer.

What an idi0tic thing to say...especially when the owner of your team is...well...you know.

And I will go ahead and laugh....gotta love those Jets!

@benshpigel: Holy Moly: Geno smith got sucker punched in locker room this morning. Broken jaw. Out 6-10 weeks at least.

@RichCimini: Geno Smith will have surgery, per Bowles. Enemkpali released by team. Bowles just made stunning announcement in briefing w/ press. #NYJ

I wouldn't consider it a suckered punch when he's in the guys face and putting his finger in his face. Diva QB got laid out as he should have

What an idi0tic thing to say...especially when the owner of your team is...well...you know.

And I will go ahead and laugh....gotta love those Jets!

Lol yes because being an addict is WAAAAAY worse than being a murderer. GJ buddy.

and to make matters worse, the Jets reached out to Rex Grossman

Hah! That's a good one. Although it IS the Jets, so don't be surprised if they're stupid enough to actually do that. Let's get a terrible QB to replace our terrible QB's!

Edit: Oh my lord you were SERIOUS?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHJASHjkshjksdghjksdgfdj

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/11/report-jets-reach-out-to-rex-grossman/

Hang on let me dial up Jeff George and Ryan Leaf.

Whether you think Fitz is better than Geno or not, it's hard to grasp the "Jets will be better off" logic...ok - so they arguably might have a marginally better (but still pretty bad) QB...they also apparently have a new head coach who doesn't seem to have much control over his locker room. That's a far worse sign for that team than Smith missing a few weeks.

"they also apparently have a new head coach who doesn't seem to have much control over his locker room."

Based off this (faulty) logic every locker room in the NFL is bad and no the HC cannot predict that two players jawing at practice will lead into a fight or punches thrown. Now we can say not everyone punches there starting QB in the face which is obviously true....But we are not talking about a star QB here...Or even a good one at this point...we are talking about a QB whos likely to be a career back up soon

Lol yes because being an addict is WAAAAAY worse than being a murderer. GJ buddy.

I'm not comparing a murderer to a drug addict 'buddy'....I'm saying pot meet kettle.

My point is why make such a stupid comment like that? A fan isn't allowed to get a kick out of a rival team's self imposed misfortune all because a former player lost his mind a few years back? 

It would be like if when you all said 'I'm loving watching the Patriots go down this offseason' I shot back and said 'No enjoying this if your team's owner got arrested for DWI'.

See? Dumb. Just stupid and unrelated.

I'm not comparing a murderer to a drug addict 'buddy'....I'm saying pot meet kettle.

My point is why make such a stupid comment like that? A fan isn't allowed to get a kick out of a rival team's self imposed misfortune all because a former player lost his mind a few years back?

It would be like if when you all said 'I'm loving watching the Patriots go down this offseason' I shot back and said 'No enjoying this if your team's owner got arrested for DWI'.

See? Dumb. Just stupid and unrelated.

I can see since you personally didn't do it, which way to many people equate a teams actions and persona onto others. Like saying you are equal to the pats and therefore guilty by association

I'm sure there's more to it that lead up to that point, but from what's been reported it's safe to say Geno put his finger in a persons face and got clocked because of it. Not the smartest move for Enemkpali since he's probably out of a NFL job for a while, but Geno probably did the dumbest move possible for when you're arguing with someone. You put your finger in someone's face, you're asking for those fist to start flying.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/631159759912222721

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/08/11/jets-qb-geno-smith-gets-sucker-punched-by-teammate-out-6-10-weeks-with-broken-jaw/

K. But that's not the same as mushing someone's face lol

Going to be tough for Bowles and the new Regime to evaluate Geno Smith and determine if they need to go QB early in the draft next year...

All because Geno had to back out of a charity event?  6th round backup LB should never punch out the starting (not necessarily franchise) QB.  Even if they owe you cash. 

No one on the Colts would dare punch Andrew in the beard area...

He has sharp things in there

Just imagine if this happened to Andrew..

If this situation happened to Luck (which I'm 99.99999% sure it never will), the player who punches him will be out of the league so fast.

It probably just got edited back.

I wonder if this has any legal implications.  Isn't this considered assault causing bodily harm?

If this situation happened to Luck (which I'm 99.99999% sure it never will), the player who punches him will be out of the league so fast.

It probably just got edited back.

I wonder if this has any legal implications.  Isn't this considered assault causing bodily harm?

Over a training camp fight? They happen every year, A QB just happened to be on the end of this one

Going to be tough for Bowles and the new Regime to evaluate Geno Smith and determine if they need to go QB early in the draft next year...

All because Geno had to back out of a charity event?  6th round backup LB should never punch out the starting (not necessarily franchise) QB.  Even if they owe you cash. 

The Jets have their bye week in week 5.     So, I'm guessing Smith is back week 6.    He'll have 12 games to prove himself one way or the other...........

Just my hunch....

There must be some sort of macho bar/street code out there that I'm unaware of.

How does Geno putting a finger in someone's face justify getting punched by said person.  Wouldn't the proper response be for the other person to put his own finger in Geno's face? 

"they also apparently have a new head coach who doesn't seem to have much control over his locker room."

Based off this (faulty) logic every locker room in the NFL is bad and no the HC cannot predict that two players jawing at practice will lead into a fight or punches thrown. Now we can say not everyone punches there starting QB in the face which is obviously true....But we are not talking about a star QB here...Or even a good one at this point...we are talking about a QB whos likely to be a career back up soon

These situations simply don't happen in well run/well coached organizations.

The Jets have their bye week in week 5.     So, I'm guessing Smith is back week 6.    He'll have 12 games to prove himself one way or the other...........

Just my hunch....

I'm not so sure.  Geno doesn't know the playbook (yet), and Fitz does from his days in Buffalo.  In my eyes, Fitz is the perfect backup.  Higher low side then Geno, and lower upside (potentially). But Fitz is a known quantity.  Not quite good enough to be a 16 game starter.  And Geno won't have the reps nor possibly the playbook knowledge to step in and run the Jets offense on his return..  And if they try it, he will look horrendous, but I have a hard time seeing Todd Bowles yanking the role away from Fitz before Geno is ready, mentally and physically.

It seems "sucker punch" isn't the right term here....You go put your finger in some random person's face and see how that goes down. Bet you'll get more sucker punches than you expect.

Sure, except this was two guys who were fellow employees at their place of employment. Not that football is your regular 9-5 job, but you have to show some restraint.

What's funny is Chris Kreider of the NY Rangers tweeted someone who put a side by side of Geno (out 6-8 weeks) and Derek Stepan (out 1-2 playoff games) with the same injury. I will commend Boston for sticking by their fellow sports teams, that was HARSH but hilarious by Kreider.

Based off this (faulty) logic every locker room in the NFL is bad and no the HC cannot predict that two players jawing at practice will lead into a fight or punches thrown.

Shoulda just left it at that ^