Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate Central (one thread, merged, moderated)

IndyD4U

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's true that that's what Brady is being charged with. My point is that there IS an equipment-tampering penalty, which is what Brady SHOULD be charged with. Correct ? Because that's all that this is.

No, if true the penalty should be charged under intent to undermine integrity of the game. It's giving him an unfair advantage, and goodell has the right to determine what falls into that category so stuff like this

Feel free to pull up the "equipment tampering penalty" under the cba and point out the wording that excludes it from also falling under conduct detrimental to the integrity of the game

The judge is still pressuring them to settle meaning Brady doesn't walk away from this. I bet he gets a game or two for lack of cooperation but doesn't admit guilt. You NE clowns will still complain and profess he didn't get suspended for cheating, just lying and covering up the cheating. The world still keeps on spinning and we will sit tight until the next cheating scandal comes about.

No, if true the penalty should be charged under intent to undermine integrity of the game. It's giving him an unfair advantage, and goodell has the right to determine what falls into that category so stuff like this

Feel free to pull up the "equipment tampering penalty" under the cba and point out the wording that excludes it from also falling under conduct detrimental to the integrity of the game

FACT-you just burned ViriLudant

ugh

Thank goodness the meeting is tomorrow with Goodell and Brady in New York.  The fact the judge wants a settlement tells me he wants Brady to serve something, but not the full deal. Does that mean the Judge will rule in favor of Brady, not feeling it is totally warranted, or does it mean He'll rule for Goodell, knowing the CBA deal is a bad thing as far as NFL disciplinary  process and independent and impartial aren't necessarily a part of the investigation/punishment process.  We know re-hearing the case and/or altering the results of the NFL ruling other than confirming or vacating it is not an option.

But I see each side far apart and ego driven.  Judge will have to get dirty, and he will.  But I'm sure he;ll find a way to throw some of his weight around onto both sides before he does.

Lol...Goodell now throwing Wells under the bus for not correcting the false Mort report. To quote The Big Lebowski, "You're out of your element, Roger". Seriously - the league lawyers need to tell this guy to shut his mouth because every time he opens it the NFL looks worse

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/roger-goodell-says-ted-wells-didnt-correct-erroneous-new-england-patriots-report?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Thank goodness the meeting is tomorrow with Goodell and Brady in New York.  The fact the judge wants a settlement tells me he wants Brady to serve something, but not the full deal. Does that mean the Judge will rule in favor of Brady, not feeling it is totally warranted, or does it mean He'll rule for Goodell, knowing the CBA deal is a bad thing as far as NFL disciplinary  process and independent and impartial aren't necessarily a part of the investigation/punishment process.  We know re-hearing the case and/or altering the results of the NFL ruling other than confirming or vacating it is not an option.

But I see each side far apart and ego driven.  Judge will have to get dirty, and he will.  But I'm sure he;ll find a way to throw some of his weight around onto both sides before he does.

I feel like I want the opposite of what Brady wants.

I want him to admit he did it.

I don't care a bit about the games, draft picks, or fines.  They can have all of that back.  Just admit you did it, like you should have in the first place 

Pagano lied when he said he hadn't communicated with the Ravens about the issue before the AFCCG.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/04/ravens-assistant-alerted-colts-to-issue-with-footballs/

Liar.

When did Pagano comment on whether he had talked to the Ravens? 

Not that I'm holding my breath, but please provide proof. Otherwise, this is Exhibit #457 of ViriLudant saying something that has no basis in truth.

I feel like I want the opposite of what Brady wants.

I want him to admit he did it.

I don't care a bit about the games, draft picks, or fines.  They can have all of that back.  Just admit you did it, like you should have in the first place 

Why do you think he's lying? He has a 100% clean track record over his 13 year career, his character has never been questioned, and he has sworn under oath that he is not guilty. I guess giving people the benefit of the doubt depends on what uniform they wear.

I wonder how much we will here about tomorrows proceedings.  Yes, the opening statement will be public.  But very soon after, there will be a motion to go off in private chambers.  The fact Judge Berman is overseeing the mediation instead of handing it off to a magistrate is fascinating.  He'll probably have them together for a spell, the shuffle them of separately and trundle back and forth brokering a compromise, reminding the parties it may be better to give in some rather than risk losing it all should he be forced to rule.  From what I hear, I doubt there's a settlement tomorrow.  I wonder if one side or the other shows less willingness to compromise than the other?  And if there is anything to chew on for the next meeting in a week?

Pagano was contacted about the kicking balls not deflated game balls.

Liar.

No, he was contacted about both actually. Here are the emails from the Brady appeals transcript:

Among the 457 pages of documents released between the NFL and NFL Players Association on Tuesday is an email from Indianapolis Colts equipment manager Sean Sullivan to team general manager Ryan Grigson.

It was sent on Jan. 17, two days before the New England Patriots faced Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, and seven days after New England defeated the Baltimore Ravens in the divisional round.

And it indicates that Ravens special-teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg told Colts head coach Chuck Pagano to keep an eye out for the kicking footballs and game balls at Gillette Stadium.

Sullivan forwarded that information to Grigson.

"Two concerns came up as of yesterday on footballs at New England," Sullivan wrote to Grigson. "First off the special teams coordinator from the Baltimore Ravens called Coach Pagano and said they had issues last week at the game when they were kicking (Baltimore that is) they were given new footballs instead of the ones that were prepared correctly. We would like to use the footballs that I will break in (Balls 2, 4 and 6) so that we know that we are getting nothing that has been tampered with."

Sullivan continued, also noting the gameballs used by quarterback Tom Brady and the Patriots.

"As far as the gameballs are concerned it is well known around the league that after Patriots gameballs are checked by officials and brought out for game usage the ballboys for the Patriots will let out some air out with a ball needle because their quarterback likes a smaller football so he can grip it better," Sullivan informed Grigson.

Lol...Goodell now throwing Wells under the bus for not correcting the false Mort report. To quote The Big Lebowski, "You're out of your element, Roger". Seriously - the league lawyers need to tell this guy to shut his mouth because every time he opens it the NFL looks worse

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/roger-goodell-says-ted-wells-didnt-correct-erroneous-new-england-patriots-report?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Wow. That is absolutely stunning. His answer was not even coherent. I think tomorrow is going to be nightmare number 2 for the league with Goodell going before a judge again. He was horrific in the Rice case and I am certain this one will not be any better.

No, he was contacted about both actually. Here are the emails from the Brady appeals transcript:

Among the 457 pages of documents released between the NFL and NFL Players Association on Tuesday is an email from Indianapolis Colts equipment manager Sean Sullivan to team general manager Ryan Grigson.

It was sent on Jan. 17, two days before the New England Patriots faced Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, and seven days after New England defeated the Baltimore Ravens in the divisional round.

And it indicates that Ravens special-teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg told Colts head coach Chuck Pagano to keep an eye out for the kicking footballs and game balls at Gillette Stadium.

"Two concerns came up as of yesterday on footballs at New England," Sullivan wrote to Grigson. "First off the special teams coordinator from the Baltimore Ravens called Coach Pagano and said they had issues last week at the game when they were kicking (Baltimore that is) they were given new footballs instead of the ones that were prepared correctly. We would like to use the footballs that I will break in (Balls 2, 4 and 6) so that we know that we are getting nothing that has been tampered with."

Sullivan continued, also noting the gameballs used by quarterback Tom Brady and the Patriots.

"As far as the gameballs are concerned it is well known around the league that after Patriots gameballs are checked by officials and brought out for game usage the ballboys for the Patriots will let out some air out with a ball needle because their quarterback likes a smaller football so he can grip it better," Sullivan informed Grigson.

1) Where does anything you just posted say that Pagano had a conversation with the Ravens about game balls, not just kicking balls? It's specific to kicking balls, is it not?

2) Where does anything anyone has posted say that Pagano denied having a conversation with anyone with the Ravens about any of this, game balls, kicking balls, etc.?

Uh, not by the Ravens. Did you read what you posted?

When did Pagano comment on whether he had talked to the Ravens? 

Not that I'm holding my breath, but please provide proof. Otherwise, this is Exhibit #457 of ViriLudant saying something that has no basis in truth.

He is only up to 457, I would have thought it would be over 1000 by now.

Why do you think he's lying? He has a 100% clean track record over his 13 year career, his character has never been questioned, and he has sworn under oath that he is not guilty. I guess giving people the benefit of the doubt depends on what uniform they wear.

IDK, if you don't see it you never will.

The judge has to walk a very fine line.  Whether it is fair or not, the CBA specifies the roles and obligations in this case - and these were agreed to by all parties.  If the judge rules against the NFL and the CBA, (s)he effectively voids part of the agreement - and judges really, really hate to do that. You think things are bad now, just wait if this happens.

1) Where does anything you just posted say that Pagano had a conversation with the Ravens about game balls, not just kicking balls? It's specific to kicking balls, is it not?

2) Where does anything anyone has posted say that Pagano denied having a conversation with anyone with the Ravens about any of this, game balls, kicking balls, etc.?

1) From my post: And it [the emails] indicates that Ravens special-teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg told Colts head coach Chuck Pagano to keep an eye out for the kicking footballs and game balls at Gillette Stadium.

2) Pagano has repeatedly denied any knowledge of deflategate.

1) From my post: And it [the emails] indicates that Ravens special-teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg told Colts head coach Chuck Pagano to keep an eye out for the kicking footballs and game balls at Gillette Stadium.

2) Pagano has repeatedly denied any knowledge of deflategate.

1) Please show me where anything in the transcripts says that Rosburg said anything to Pagano about game balls. Rosburg is the special teams coach, and probably wouldn't have had anything to do with game balls in the first place. But I'll wait patiently for something indicating that Rosburg and Pagano discussed game balls.

2) Link, please.

Yeah about the kicking balls, nothing about the game balls. You do realize those are two different things, right?

Did you read the post? There were two emails sent one about kicking balls and the other about the game balls. I bolded both emails in my post. The emails to Grigson came from your equipment manager Sean Sullivan and the information was shared with Pagano as well.

1) Please show me where anything in the transcripts says that Rosburg said anything to Pagano about game balls. Rosburg is the special teams coach, and probably wouldn't have had anything to do with game balls in the first place. But I'll wait patiently for something indicating that Rosburg and Pagano discussed game balls.

2) Link, please.

Superman - this is straight from the Brady appeals transcript. Your equipment manager Sean Sullivan shared the information with Pagano that he got from the Ravens and then sent the emails I posted to Grigson.

Superman - this is straight from the Brady appeals transcript. Your equipment manager Sean Sullivan shared the information with Pagano that he got from the Ravens and then sent the emails I posted to Grigson.

What you posted doesn't say what you're saying it does.

What you posted doesn't say what you're saying it does.

It is pretty clear. I am not sure how you are misreading the fact that the Ravens told the Colts about the kicking balls and the game balls. The Ravens ST coach called Pagano directly in fact. And then Sullivan emailed Grigson.

It is pretty clear. I am not sure how you are misreading the fact that the Ravens told the Colts equipment manager about the kicking balls and the game balls. The Ravens ST coach called Pagano directly in fact. And then Sullivan emailed Grigson.

There's nothing in the record that says Pagano discussed game balls with the Ravens. 

There's nothing in the record that says Pagano denied knowing about or discussing the issue with anyone, including the Ravens.

Until someone produces something otherwise, what ViriLudant said is entirely false.

There's nothing in the record that says Pagano discussed game balls with the Ravens. 

There's nothing in the record that says Pagano denied knowing about or discussing the issue with anyone, including the Ravens.

Until someone produces something otherwise, what ViriLudant said is entirely false.

What? Did you read the emails from the transcript that I posted that were sent to Grigson by your equipment manager? He sent them as a follow up to Pagano's phone conversation with the Ravens STs coach where both the kicking and game balls were discussed.

Pagano has denied all knowledge of deflategate. I challenge you to find me one quote from him where he admits to knowing anything about the balls or Grigson talking to the league at halftime which is also noted in the appeals transcript. And the Ravens themselves have denied ever discussing the game balls with the Colts even though there is the email specifically about the game balls being deflated. So, lots lies all around on this one.

Did you read the post? There were two emails sent one about kicking balls and the other about the game balls. I bolded both emails in my post. The emails to Grigson came from your equipment manager Sean Sullivan and the information was shared with Pagano as well.

I read the emails, both were from the Colts equipment manager, not the Ravens. The Ravens did not inform Pagano about any game ball issues from any reports that I have read. As Superman stated, what you have posted does not say what you or V are saying, they just don't. This really should not be that hard to understand, there is nothing that either you or V has posted that shows the Ravens informed Pagano about game balls being tampered with or altered.

What? Did you read the emails from the transcript that I posted that were sent to Grigson by your equipment manager? He sent them as a follow up to Pagano's phone conversation with the Ravens STs coach where both the kicking and game balls were discussed.

Where does it say that Pagano discussed game balls with the Ravens special teams coach? Show me, please.

Pagano has denied all knowledge of deflategate. I challenge you to find me one quote from him where he admits to knowing anything about the balls or Grigson talking to the league at halftime which is also noted in the appeals transcript. And the Ravens themselves have denied ever discussing the game balls with the Colts even though there is the email specifically about the game balls being deflated. So, lots lies all around on this one.

To the bolded, when?

You claim he's denied knowledge -- that's an action that should be provable. Show me a statement from Pagano where he denies knowledge of Deflategate, please. A quote, something from the transcript, anything.