Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Survey Shows Tom Brady's Popularity Reaching Career Low

Restored

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12892245/poll-shows-new-england-patriots-qb-tom-brady-popularity-plummets-53-percent

The poll conducted by more than 1,000 people show a 53-47 percent split with 47% saying they now do not like Tom Brady.

I can understand this.

I am one who, before all this, gave him credit where credit was due, and as much as I disliked the Pats (mainly because they've been a thorn in our side) I could appreciate his story and his accomplishments.

From the minute he took the podium right after this broke until this latest information, my opinion has changed and I no longer have any respect for him at all.

I can understand this.

I am one who, before all this, gave him credit where credit was due, and as much as I disliked the Pats (mainly because they've been a thorn in our side) I could appreciate his story and his accomplishments.

From the minute he took the podium right after this broke until this latest information, my opinion has changed and I no longer have any respect for him at all.

Agreed, believe it or not I actually respected Brady, as well. Hate that we can never beat him. But I did respected him. That's all gone now.

I can understand this.

I was the same. As a Colt fan it is almost impossible to like Brady and the Patriots. It was out of rivalry that I disliked Brady and the Patriots, not out of hate. I always gave him his kudos when he earned them. The single second he took the podium and said he didn't understand the big deal and this was not Isis and nobody got killed while he had a big smile on his face. To me that was the single most arrogant thing I have ever heard a NFL player say. At that moment I knew my feelings would never be the same as far as my respect for Brady. There are few things that bother me but this did. I thought after cooling off I might lighten up my opinion but as this thing has unfolded it has only gotten worse.

Tom Brady is being berated

For balls that he ordered deflated

When pressed for the truth

His response was uncouth

On his legacy he's defecated

:lecture:

'cause I'm the Tom Shady, yes I'm real shady

all you Shady haters are just irritating

you hate the real Tom Shady, please shut up

please shut up, please shut up

lol.

Brady has been the most hated athlete since he started winning rings out of the gate. This poll is wrong. No way 53 percent of people like Brady. But he really is not interested in popularity. He is after all, Lord of the Rings:

super-bowl-xlix-memes_28.jpg?itok=0rJsJd

not even top ten most hated athlete before this

I can understand this.

I feel exactly the same way. I respected Tom Brady for his and NE's accomplishments. I don't like them, but respected them. That is no longer the case. Regardless of your opinion of the potential edge of an underinflated ball, Tom's and NE's integrity has been compromised. This time (previously Spygate), Tom Brady has his fingerprints ALL OVER the cheating. I can't imagine the disappointment of a NE fan that has come down to Earth and realized the implications on Brady and NE.

lol.

Brady has been the most hated athlete since he started winning rings out of the gate. This poll is wrong. No way 53 percent of people like Brady.  But he really is not interested in popularity. He is after all, Lord of the Rings:

That may be the best metaphor I have seen so far!  All the rings in that movie were tainted too!

lol.

Brady has been the most hated athlete since he started winning rings out of the gate. This poll is wrong. No way 53 percent of people like Brady. But he really is not interested in popularity. He is after all, Lord of the Rings:

ALL BOW TO SIR CHEATS ALOT!!!!!!

lol.

Brady has been the most hated athlete since he started winning rings out of the gate. This poll is wrong. No way 53 percent of people like Brady.  But he really is not interested in popularity. He is after all, Lord of the Rings:

Winning, sure. winning by watch edge? Under what circumstances? That will always be a question in my mind, and I can assure you, in the minds of most outside of NE. Has nothing to do with jealousy, or whatever else NE fans want to attribute my view. It has to do with playing the game fairly. There were/are a lot of Lance Armstrong haters. I always respected Lance and thought the same, "Everyone else is jealous since he's so accomplished." But, he had and edge. He was cheating. He's not so great. Brady and NE will forever be tainted. I'm not saying NE isn't any good by any means. But Brady/NE appear to have had an edge, or advantage. Stupid they even stepped that far out to realize those advantages because they are good.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12892245/poll-shows-new-england-patriots-qb-tom-brady-popularity-plummets-53-percent

The poll conducted by more than 1,000 people show a 53-47 percent split with 47% saying they now do not like Tom Brady.

In Restored second article on that link, the title "Patriots Issue Rebuttal To Wells Report say 'Conclusions Incomplete'" this sentence really ticked me off...

"In the Wellsreportcontext.com, the Patriots said McNally referred to himself as "the deflator" jokingly because he was attempting to lose weight." Jesus, is the NE fanbase going off the deep end now? The term 'deflator' is referring to Jim McNally's attempt to shed a few pounds. How darn stupid do NE fans think the rest of the world really is? Stop making up nonsense out of thin air & take your lumps Patriots Nation. I can't believe how some Massachusetts fans are grasping at straws to pardon their QB now. It's getting ridiculous. 

Sorry, I know I went off topic here, but I'm seriously getting fed up with all of Foxboro's excuses. Grow up & act like reasonable adults. 

Brady has a legal right to challenge his 4 game suspension yes. I accept that & could see a reduction happening there in reality to 2 games. However, this weight excuse is just laughable & now there's a gauge excuse like it's Walt Anderson's fault. Are you kidding me with this crap? Own it & people forgive, but cling to the lie or awareness of underinflated balls you & end up looking like a spoiled brat throwing a temper tantrum when you don't get your way. JMO. 

Yet his jersey is selling at the top of the league, http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25182613/brady-jersey-sales-spike-post-deflategate

Guess that means most of America likes identifying with a supposed cheat. lol. :thmup:

Geez even in posting articles to jersey sales you twist things.

1. He's not "at the top of the league" in jersey sales. He was 4th last year and is sitting behind Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston presently since May 6th.

2. The website is selling 100% more of the jersey's they've already had before.

Guess that means most Brady fans aren't the best at reading comprehension lol.  :thmup:

Geez even in posting articles to jersey sales you twist things.

1. He's not "at the top of the league" in jersey sales. He was 4th last year and is sitting behind Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston presently since May 6th.

2. The website is selling 100% more of the jersey's they've already had before.

Guess that means most Brady fans aren't the best at reading comprehension lol.  :thmup:

So being in the top 3 is not top of the list to you? Perhaps you need the reading comprehension ...

I'm sorry, since when is being 3rd considered the top LOLOL ?

Actually when is the top 100, 3 is pretty much part of the top....Oh well...Never mind.:)  Another Brady mess...even my little buddy is sick of the Pats and especially their quarterback.  I cannot think of his name....:)

FACEPALM-11.jpg

lol.

Please...the Pats are no 70s Raiders

Actually when is the top 100, 3 is pretty much part of the top....Oh well...Never mind. :)  Another Brady mess...even my little buddy is sick of the Pats and especially their quarterback.  I cannot think of his name.... :)

FACEPALM-11.jpg

I can't even...the words don't matter...just the cute little polar bear.  I want one...

Actually when is the top 100, 3 is pretty much part of the top....Oh well...Never mind. :)  Another Brady mess...even my little buddy is sick of the Pats and especially their quarterback.  I cannot think of his name.... :)

FACEPALM-11.jpg

When the cuddly little polar bear loses faith, hit the lights baby the show's over. Awesome picture Brent! 

lol.

Sorry, Montana is the real Lord Of The Rings. He didn't have to break, bend rules or lie to get his.

Sorry, Montana is the real Lord Of The Rings. He didn't have to break, bend rules or lie to get his.

Poor Joe. He had Dwight Clark trying to go to bat for him to say he is the greatest because of his SB performances and no deflategate. Too bad he forgot to mention his owner getting suspended from the league and Jerry's stickum ...

Poor Joe. He had Dwight Clark trying to go to bat for him to say he is the greatest because of his SB performances and no deflategate. Too bad he forgot to mention his owner getting suspended from the league and Jerry's stickum ...

As always, more deflection. Montana had zero to do with the owner or Rice. Montana also didn't have his kicker win two of his rings.

lol.

I dis agree but being the most hated athlete.  I am very confident LeBron James owns that title.  Brady maybe number two tho

As always, more deflection. Montana had zero to do with the owner or Rice. Montana also didn't have his kicker win two of his rings.

And Brady had zero to do with spygate and Rice was Montana's best receiver and also SB MVP in 1988. His stickum helped him as much as Brady's better grip football ...

I can understand this.

Nicely put

I could've/would've been a fan of TB before this incident