Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Gregory failed combine drug test.

I guess it depends on what drug he ingested....

Likely marijuana, which I don't think makes him fall to 29...

Steroids?     Don't think that makes him fall to 29...

Adderall?     Don't think that does either....

But,  cocaine?     That might.....

Steroids? Don't think that makes him fall to 29...

Adderall? Don't think that does either....

But, cocaine? That might.....

That was actually pretty funny the way you worded that, if you didn't mean to.

Steroids?     Don't think that makes him fall to 29...

Adderall?     Don't think that does either....

But,  cocaine?     That might.....

That is so twisted...  Steroids won't hurt your perception of a football player but Cocaine oh that one will?  That doesn't seem odd to you? lol  Just an observation

That is so twisted...  Steroids won't hurt your perception of a football player but Cocaine oh that one will?  That doesn't seem odd to you? lol  Just an observation

If a kid wants to show "the best" of him, some teams would consider take him because he wants to win (yeah cheating isn't the way) and you can put on line with the kind of proteins and supplements but if he is getting cocaine he could be a yonki and those are true wildcards but i'm also remembering Brazil he was developing well but 3 times caught smoking weed that was just stupid, R. Gregory can fall but i don't see him falling from 19 because when V.Miller was coming out of college he had some issues also but the talent is worth the risk.

But he failed with weed so i don't see him falling from top 10.

That wasn't my view.....   my hunch is that would be the view of NFL people.

I clearly could be wrong,  but that's my hunch....

That was actually pretty funny the way you worded that, if you didn't mean to.

Well...   you'll have to tell me what the funny part is.....   I'm a little slow on the up-take tonight....

Turns out,  the drug Gregory failed was marijuana.    I found that out later in the evening...

I don't see him falling to 29 based on that....

Well... you'll have to tell me what the funny part is..... I'm a little slow on the up-take tonight....

Turns out, the drug Gregory failed was marijuana. I found that out later in the evening...

I don't see him falling to 29 based on that....

The coke part... I was kind of just reading/interpreting it my own way, the was you structured your post, and found it funny..

The coke part... I was kind of just reading/interpreting it my own way, the was you structured your post, and found it funny..

OK....    another poster thought it was odd for me to say that coke might be viewed as somehow worse than steroids....   and perhaps that poster is right.    But I thought it might be from football people.

Steroids is something football people understand.    Cocaine is not.

I'm often a bit of an odd duck with some contrarian views....   I don't blame anyone for wondering what I'm thinking!

It's the fact that the combine is the biggest day of your life, and you can't plan around it? Like what message are you sending out to teams? Your Drugs > Football? Even if he does fall to 29 (Extremly unlikey) I think we'd pass, even though all fans (myself included) would be dieing for him.

It's the fact that the combine is the biggest day of your life, and you can't plan around it? Like what message are you sending out to teams? Your Drugs > Football? Even if he does fall to 29 (Extremly unlikey) I think we'd pass, even though all fans (myself included) would be dieing for him.

Same here....on talent there is no argument he's got it.

But what good is his talent if he winds up another Josh Gordon?

Other than Andrew Luck.....I'd say we've done enough stumbling with our 1st round picks, and we shouldn't screw around with a guy who'd rather get stoned than cement his Top 10 draft status.

Until and unless they change NFL pot rules, I'd pass on him.

Don't say much for his mental strength. He knew he was going to be tested and he couldn't clean himself up to get the best possible contract? He had already had two failed test so I am not to sure about him. Till pot is legal as far as the NFL is concerned some of these guys need to put their future at the top of their list instead of getting high.

If a kid wants to show "the best" of him, some teams would consider take him because he wants to win (yeah cheating isn't the way) and you can put on line with the kind of proteins and supplements but if he is getting cocaine he could be a yonki and those are true wildcards but i'm also remembering Brazil he was developing well but 3 times caught smoking weed that was just stupid, R. Gregory can fall but i don't see him falling from 19 because when V.Miller was coming out of college he had some issues also but the talent is worth the risk.

But he failed with weed so i don't see him falling from top 10.

I think I see what you are saying.  Steroids would be viewed as an "over commitement" to the game, while Cocaine would be a habit forming inhibitor. Makes sense to a degree.  But man that perception really strays away from the 0 tolerance that the NFL supposedly wants to achieve.  I guess that is the real world for ya :-)

Plz fall to 29.

Lol, if the guy fails a test going into the combine. A test that he knew he had to take. What chance does he have of not getting caught by the "random" tests the NFL will run? I just think that even if the guy is the most talented DE in the draft he isn't going to do you much good if he's under suspension all the time. :thmdown:

Lol, if the guy fails a test going into the combine. A test that he knew he had to take. What chance does he have of not getting caught by the "random" tests the NFL will run? I just think that even if the guy is the most talented DE in the draft he isn't going to do you much good if he's under suspension all the time. :thmdown:

Yup. If you can't stop smoking weed far enough in advance to pass a drug test that you know is coming, you have a drug problem. It's probably just a matter of time before the guy "pops hot" again in a random drug screen. Add to that the fact that he failed twice in college, and you know you've got a problem on your hands. How do you draft a guy who has so little self-control that he can't manage to lay off the weed when he knows that it could kill his career?

Hes overrated anyway. That drug test explains his play half of the year.

I wouldn't trust any football player to give 100% effort if they also like a drug that helps them chill...a depressant. My drug of preference for a football player would be cocaine, an upper. LT played like a crazed man on coke...and he was. Gregory played like he would rather be chillin'.

Hes overrated anyway. That drug test explains his play half of the year.I wouldn't trust any football player to give 100% effort if they also like a drug that helps them chill...a depressant. My drug of preference for a football player would be cocaine, an upper. LT played like a crazed man on coke...and he was. Gregory played like he would rather be chillin'.

Not sure if serious

Jernigan and Mettenberger dropped last year, and they just had diluted samples, not failed tests. 

I think failing a test at the Combine is a major red flag. It speaks to more than the fact that you use drugs when you're not supposed to, but it speaks to your overwhelmingly poor judgment. Even if he drops from top 10 to early 20s, he cost himself around $4m.

Hes overrated anyway. That drug test explains his play half of the year.

I wouldn't trust any football player to give 100% effort if they also like a drug that helps them chill...a depressant. My drug of preference for a football player would be cocaine, an upper. LT played like a crazed man on coke...and he was. Gregory played like he would rather be chillin'.

post-2111-0-17267000-1427401950_thumb.jp

Agree! Not that I am a marijuana hatter, but if you cant stay clean for the combine how can you for the season. I will pass for now!

Not sure if serious

Good gawd. The degree to which people obsess with weed and the NFL policy on it everybody would know that pot is falls into the depressant category of substances. The medical benefits...so called if you believe that stuff....is similar to a pain killer. Alcohol is another depressant (people generally abuse it to relax). Any substance can have different immediate effects from one person to another but medically they are both depressants, even though MJ possesses some stimulant qualities.

Coke is a stimulant (so is nicotine BTW, although it also possess some depressant qualities). That's why in many fast paced professions coke is the drug of choice.

Whereas, laying around doing nothing is the typical attitude of pot smokers. That's why I'd never draft anybody linked to pot. It reflects a certain attitude that is inconsistent with being employed. Too bad for them they are still required to get a job.

Yes, I'm serious. There is a difference in mindsets, which is why some get satisfaction from stimulants, and others get satisfaction from depressants.

Don't confuse substances with their hallucinogenic qualities. All impair judgment when abused and taken to excess, but that isn't really the clinical categorization of them. Caffiene is a stimulant too, but doesn't possess hallucinogenic qualities, neither does nicotine.