Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Adongo signs Tender

TKnight24

With the massive bulk he put on last off season. It probably took him the year to learn to play with it. Your all right. He has the potential to be a game changing kind of player.. I hope so.

I have never seen anything to make me think he will be a game changing type player. He is scary in shorts so was Landry.  I think that is very unlikely a solid back up would be a good start.

he could be a monster for us. grigs sees something in him

Mathis, Cole, Walden, Newsome, Adongo, Werner.... Not too bad a lineup actually.

There are a few ifs involved though.. IF Mathis comes back as the 2013 Mathis... IF Newsome continues his development like he did through his rookie year, IF Cole pans out for us in our system, IF Adongo gets his shot and takes it and IF Werner finally makes the leap, that's one hella scary OLB core....

A lot of ifs though.....

I know Adongo is a very good athlete....   but if it would help simply things for him, I wonder with his new weight in the 280's if it would help moving him to a 3-4 DE with a hand on the ground.    Just worry about going forward and getting to the ball or the quarterback?

Just thinking out loud.....

Why we continue to pay this guy is beyond me..

Because Football as a game can be taught, big strong and quick can't be. The guy is physical beast and if he pans out all power to the FO. The fact he even saw limited playing time pre-injury was a positive sign of his development as a football player.

Ask yourself the following:

Did we spend a draft pick on him?

Did we pay him a huge amount of money?

Do you really think they would out him on the 53 man roster of they didn't think he was good enough, especially considering he doesn't take up a PS place?

He has the physical traits to be a monster. ...

Or more likely, just a monstrosity....running around not knowing what the heck to do...Grigs' Frankenstein Monstrosity.

A waste of coaching time and effort that they could be spending on a real football player.

Just cut him and let him return to something he knows...Rugby.

...and Swoope Dog better get on the field and contribute or cut his tail too.

Or more likely, just a monstrosity....running around not knowing what the heck to do...Grigs' Frankenstein Monstrosity.

A waste of coaching time and effort that they could be spending on a real football player.

What is your problem?

Adongo was hurt in the pre-season last year.    His first year,  he got off the practice squad and played ST in a few games.

And Swoope was on the PS last year.

A player can have up to three years on the practice squad.

What is your hurry with deciding the fate of these players when you don't have the first clue as to how they're doing?!?

Overpaid

Obviously not players are paid for potential the Colts have had many overpaid players  drafted busts so to speak . This guy may or may not make the team but one thing is clear Grigson makes every effort to make this team better & he sees something of value & his opinion is the final word . Pay the man . :thmup:

I don't get why you seem to think football is so hard to grasp. A person of even average intelligence can figure out the rules, and grasp a playbook, especially when given 2 years to do so, as Adongo has had. If he can understand the concepts, and has the physical tools, then there's no reason to think he'll be a "monstrosity." Football is not hard to understand.

Obviously not players are paid for potential the Colts have had many overpaid players  drafted busts so to speak . This guy may or may not make the team but one thing is clear Grigson makes every effort to make this team better & he sees something of value & his opinion is the final word . Pay the man . :thmup:

I was joking