Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saftey

Jonathan24

Both Sergio and Laron is gone.  Mike Adams, Colt anderson and Dewey are back.  I have only heard about the Colts bringing in one safety so far in Free Agencey.  Do you think they will sign a vet safety or look in the draft.  Im not sure how deep this draft is in the safety position.

Both Sergio and Laron is gone.  Mike Adams, Colt anderson and Dewey are back.  I have only heard about the Colts bringing in one safety so far in Free Agencey.  Do you think they will sign a vet safety or look in the draft.  Im not sure how deep this draft is in the safety position.

Winston Guy

We made the mistake of not going after Danorris Searcy at the SS spot. Now we are forced to reach for a safety in the draft. It doesn't matter which round, since this year's class of safeties are very weak. Unless Grigson has a young stud safety he is planning on trading for, this is unfortunately the plan.

I'd try to see what the Saints would want for Vaccaro given their fire sale at the moment. We could always make an offer to one of the tendered guys like Gipson or Will Hill, but I doubt it. I see them brining in a vet a-la Mike Adams and Drafting someone in the 2-3 round.

I want to grab two new safeties this offseason, with at least one in the draft. The only guys worthy of a top 3 round pick are Landon Collins from Alabama and my boy Gerod Holliman, and I'd be happy with either. They remind me of Donte Whitner and Jairus Byrd, respectively.

Dawan Landry Kendrick Lewis Grig's knows what he's doing not all that concerned. Still months until we start playing. When did we sign Adams last year?

We Signed Adams only a few weeks before Camp, heck it might even have been during camp and a few weeks before the preseason started...

We Signed Adams only a few weeks before Camp, heck it might even have been during camp and a few weeks before the preseason started...

Dawan Landry Kendrick Lewis Grig's knows what he's doing not all that concerned. Still months until we start playing. When did we sign Adams last year?

Mike Adams was signed on July 14, 2014. A month before preseason.

I wanted Will Hill last year, the Ravens got him and he was excellent for him. He's 25 years old is one of the best safeties in the league already. I know he's a knucklehead but his talent is worth the risk.

There's no reasonable way to do an offer sheet for Will Hill that the Ravens wouldn't match. So he's just not an option at this point. 

And he's a big time knucklehead. One mistake, and he could be out for 10 games.

There's no reasonable way to do an offer sheet for Will Hill that the Ravens wouldn't match. So he's just not an option at this point.

And he's a big time knucklehead. One mistake, and he could be out for 10 games.

Yeah, I figured. That's why I wanted him last year when his price would have been next to nothing.

We all wanted Josh Gordon, and look at him. It's just a huge risk.

Last year Will Hill would have cost next to nothing for the year, I mean he was suspended the first 6 (?) games. I don't disagree it's a big risk but I think the reward outweighs it, especially if your team is close to the top.

S will definitely be our weak spot. It's a good draft class for D-line, so I think Grigs can build a solid group there. As long as our pass rush is solid, and we can stop the run, I think we can handle an average safety for one season. The rest of our secondary can pick up the slack as well

What is the "major skill-set" differences between a safety and a cornerback in today's game?  It seems safeties are required to have greater cover skills and cornerbacks must be better tacklers than previously.  Can we take a 6'1", 210 lb. cornerback who has the speed of a safety and make him a safety?   

We will draft a safety in the 2nd or 3rd to start next to Adams. We'll probably draft 2 the way it stands now. I sure don't want Colt Anderson on the field other than special teams, and most likely Winston Guy or McDonald will never be anything more than backups.