Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All FA Concerns/Gripes/Complaints (Mega Merge)

Dark Superman

How do you bash us for wanting Gore then you mention a bum like Helu?

We're better off going with Boom and a drafted RB or Tipton to go with Gore

Looking back at my post you have some thin skin my man if that felt like bashing. I simply asked why everyone was excited about a 32 yr old back when the draft was loaded at the position tossed out a RB I think would fit the system

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Helu as well. But I think Colts fan need to start preparing themselves for another year with Trich in the backfield. That may change if the Colts are able to draft a RB tey really covet but if not I think we will see #34 taking hand-offs and catch passes from #12 again. But they have shown they have no problem releasing players and they have not released him.

It's just a name they recognize a 32 yr old FA RB just doesn't sounding appealing to me.

I think Trent is gone just a matter if we can get out of the contract if not he may make it to camp.

There was a time he weighed less than 250 and could play a little

Why is everyone so excited about a 32 year old back when the draft is loaded with RB's. I would like to see Helu brought in think he really fits our offense has speed and won't cost very much.

Because the hunch is that we'll ALSO draft a RB as well.

It won't just be buying one in free agency....

We don't even need 1000 yards is the thing. We are a passing team, all our money is going to be for our QB and receivers, we just need a serviceable one who gets 4 yards a carry and doesn't fumble.

The point is: he's easily the best back we've had since Edge. I would like for the Colts to be able to mix it up and beat people with the run or the pass

I don't believe that's correct.     I've seen the deal has $7.5 MIll in guarantee's...   but that's not the total value of the deal...

It's a 3 year deal with 5 Mil guranteed in the first year and 2.5 Mil in the 2nd year. So basically it probably was a 2 year/8-10 Mil deal with the third year thrown in to lessen the cap hit.

I don't think there is a bunch to worry about, but I definitely don't like what I see. If we had 7th most cap space there is ABSOLUTELY no reason, to sign mediocre players. NO REASON, to overpay Nick Fairley, or Frank Gore. I'm not saying they wouldn't help us, but there are many other players we could pay to be a whole lot better. Glad we didn't match Mia contract with Suh, but there was still Knighton and Ngata, would be better than Fairley IMO. We get Herreman instead of Iupati? Looking like Gore more than Murray or trading for AP? It looks like we want to get old man Trent Cole? I mean I just don't get it? I haven't heard much on Justin Houston, except a report yesterday said he was unhappy with Cheifs offer. PAY THAT MAN GRIGSON! I would be happy if we got Gore, Cole, and Fairley on top of (Herreman) only if we made major upgrades in other spots with Searcy and Houston.

1. Ngata hasn't been released yet, so he's not even available at the moment. Knighton is still out there too.

2. Grigson can't force Iupati to sign here. Maybe Iupati simply wanted to play in AZ.

3. Grigson can't pay houston without also paying the Chiefs in the form of 2 first round picks, I believe.

Because the hunch is that we'll ALSO draft a RB as well.

It won't just be buying one in free agency....

I would be shocked if we didn't draft a RB doesn't change the fact we are going to over pay, that's the nature of FA, for a name. Who I think we all can agree his best yesrs are behind him.

I'd rather go chesper on a guy with upside like Helu who I think fits our system perfect. I think he has the talent to play just stuck behind Morrris. We will see when the Pats sign him

I'll be okay with whatever happens, really. I think our o-line will be better this year. Our front seven on D concerns me, but I do not want McPhee. He seems like the typical Grigs signing, full time back up with potential, rather than a proven talent. I'm not sure how I feel about Knighton, Langford, or Fairley, but as long as we don't break the bank I'm fine with either. I just can't really put a finger on much of the talent in this Free Agency class. It seems the big names have signed back with their home teams, which is fine, but it seems to me like much of the rest of the pool are somewhat underachievers (Crabtree, Spiller, etc.). I'm intrigued by Searcy, and Gipson, though. I think they could be a shot in the arm.

Iupati cannot pass block, AT ALL. I do not understand the fascination with him.

Mike Iupati just played for San Francisco,  whose HC was former QB Jim Harbaugh.

Now he's going to Arizona, whose HC is Bruce Arians.   And he's got an old QB in Carson Palmer.

What do you think the chances that they share your view of Iupati??

I'm guessing almost none.

Mike Iupati just played for San Francisco,  whose HC was former QB Jim Harbaugh.

Now he's going to Arizona, whose HC is Bruce Arians.   And he's got an old QB in Carson Palmer.

What do you think the chances that they share your view of Iupati??

I'm guessing almost none.

While I don't share Robo's extreme thinking on Lupati...Lupati did give up 6 sacks last year (Most of them within the first 5-6 weeks of the season from what I am watching).....Not a bad a amount at all by any means but for me personally that's 1 more then I'd like from any 1 O lineman....if every O Lineman on a starting unit gave up 6 sacks a piece on the year that's 30 sacks....That's about 5 to high for my own personal liking ant close to 2 per game average

I think it's quiet because the guys we would go after have all been wildly overpaid.

Maclin for $11mil py? Come on KC, Maclin is good but he's not that good.

Pernell Mcphee to Chicago for close to $10mil py.

Byron Maxwell?

I'd rather stay quiet than get desperate and overpay.

One player on D can fix a lot around the defense. Superman showed us our cap management and it wouldn't hinder us. It would just be a lot of cap space on a constantly growing cap that Grigson has rolled over and managed greatly. I'm traveling for the Miami/Indy game this year and will get to see first hand our mistake.

Without wishing to put words in Superman's mouth I think he also said he wouldn't sign Suh for that money if he was GM. 

Interesting titbit... the 4th highest DT next season (as it stands) will be the dead money that Detroit still owe Suh ($9.7 Million). Crazy. 

Without wishing to put words in Superman's mouth I think he also said he wouldn't sign Suh for that money if he was GM.

Interesting titbit... the 4th highest DT next season (as it stands) will be the dead money that Detroit still owe Suh ($9.7 Million). Crazy.

I saw that grantland article, insane.

I'm comparing how we think because we have a top QB at the best price we have a window open to win right now, similar to when Cleveland had the best player in Lebron thinking they would eventually have to win ONE with him. Nothing to do with Suh. Just saying in retrospect we don't want the window to close without a championship like this Denver group and the Niners group and even the small Jets window from 2009-2010.

You don't over react do you?

Grigs will handle business there are a lot of players still available He has his targets he will bring them in and sign them Cole and Langford are both due, more to come

If you remember last year if you visited you signed

Ya I'm disappointed so far. Hiring old players is not ideal

I think we will land a top 15 in the next few hours.  Grigson has to wrap up Dre and tie some loose ends with current Colts (IMO), then we land someone like Fairly, or even better.  I'm pretty confident we will.  Irsay, Pagano, Grigson and all the defensive coaches are watering at the mouth thinking of a big time D player coming in here.  Our D needs more than 32 to 33 year old down-trending talent.  That's why I think we will produce  "THE BIG HIT" by 9pm tonight or so. 

I think we will land a top 15 in the next few hours. Grigson has to wrap up Dre and tie some loose ends with current Colts (IMO), then we land someone like Fairly, or even better. I'm pretty confident we will. Irsay, Pagano, Grigson and all the defensive coaches are watering at the mouth thinking of a big time D player coming in here. Our D needs more than 32 to 33 year old down-trending talent. That's why I think we will produce "THE BIG HIT" by 9pm tonight or so.

I do too. Especially after espn is saying that Irsay's plane has filed a flight plan to pick up yet another FA but the source said the location was undisclosed

I do too. Especially after espn is saying that Irsay's plane has filed a flight plan to pick up yet another FA but the source said the location was undisclosed

well my 9pm prediction is getting awful close .... doesn't look like the home run will happen tonight, but I'm crossing my fingers.  I hope the flight plan isn't Kendall Langford (someone who was released in Feb by the Rams) or someone like that.  I would think the private jet would pick up a ringer, not a kick blocker. I know one of his jets is getting Andre (I think).  Beer is on ice.

well my 9pm prediction is getting awful close .... doesn't look like the home run will happen tonight, but I'm crossing my fingers. I hope the flight plan isn't Kendall Langford (someone who was released in Feb by the Rams) or someone like that. I would think the private jet would pick up a ringer, not a kick blocker. I know one of his jets is getting Andre (I think). Beer is on ice.

Yep. I just don't know at this point

If the Colts don't win one or more of the next three Super Bowls, all these 30year old+ free agents will either be gone or spot players at best. 

I can guarantee you that even if we win the next 3 super bowl all of those 30+ players will be gone by then.