Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts a suiter for McCourty.

If we keep Adams I'm okay with Searcy or Rahim Moore.  I don't have to have Mcourty.

I'm cool if we get him, but either of the other 2 options are fine, plus there is the draft or

Dewey Mcdonald or Winston Guy.  We've got numerous options.

Let all these other teams splash out as their resources dwindle.  The Eagles just egegiously overpaid for Maxwell and a 31-year-old RB.  Meanwhile we're signing their angry veteran outcasts at a fraction of the price.  By the time the Free Agency bullets start flying, we'll be in great shape to make a move on the players who fit the best.  I'll take Haloti Ngata, Pernell McPhee, Brian Bulaga, Bernard Pollard, and Cecil Shorts.  The rest we can get in the draft at rookie contract prices.  Thoughts?

Let all these other teams splash out as their resources dwindle. The Eagles just egegiously overpaid for Maxwell and a 31-year-old RB. Meanwhile we're signing their angry veteran outcasts at a fraction of the price. By the time the Free Agency bullets start flying, we'll be in great shape to make a move on the players who fit the best. I'll take Haloti Ngata, Pernell McPhee, Brian Bulaga, Bernard Pollard, and Cecil Shorts. The rest we can get in the draft at rookie contract prices. Thoughts?

you'd think the Eagles learned from their "Dream Team" disaster

Let all these other teams splash out as their resources dwindle.  The Eagles just egegiously overpaid for Maxwell and a 31-year-old RB.  Meanwhile we're signing their angry veteran outcasts at a fraction of the price.  By the time the Free Agency bullets start flying, we'll be in great shape to make a move on the players who fit the best.  I'll take Haloti Ngata, Pernell McPhee, Brian Bulaga, Bernard Pollard, and Cecil Shorts.  The rest we can get in the draft at rookie contract prices.  Thoughts?

The Eagles only paid Gore 7.5 over two years. More than I would pay him, but not outrageous

Grigson is whiffing on big time FAs left and right.  If we don't get McCourty or another IMPACT player with the amount of money we have available, I'm going to be ready to move on from Grigson.  He's whiffed the last 3 years on bringing in anyone of substance.  This was the year he was supposed to do it and it looks like he has failed once again.

Philly is signing Maxwell, Gore, Maclin, and Sanchez so far. That's probably around $30MM.

They've been really active so far. But even if they resign Maclin by tonight, they could still get Mccourty with the cap room they've cleared.

It's all about the trenches. I'm fine if we miss out on McCourty as long as we get MONSTERS in the trenches. We'll be alright with average players at the safety position. In fact, average would be an upgrade over Landry.

However, if we get average guys along the D-line and O-line, then we will continue to have the same problems. This is an area that we can no longer fill with marginal players.

Not too bad, as Trent gets 3 Mil himself. Another whiff by Ryan, as struck out badly on Brando Marshall too. I mean for a 5th rounder?

Even if he did offer a fifth rounder like the Jets, the Jets fifth rounder is better than the Colts.

Even if he did offer a fifth rounder like the Jets, the Jets fifth rounder is better than the Colts.

Correct. That's the rumor.

The Colts and the Jets both offered 5th round picks for Marshall. The Jets pick earlier than the Colts so the Bears elected to trade Marshall to the Jets. Grigson didn't whiff, the Bears made the sensible choice.

Grigson is whiffing on big time FAs left and right.  If we don't get McCourty or another IMPACT player with the amount of money we have available, I'm going to be ready to move on from Grigson.  He's whiffed the last 3 years on bringing in anyone of substance.  This was the year he was supposed to do it and it looks like he has failed once again.

You do realize FA hasn't even started yet, and none of these rumored deals are in ink... right? I mean, even if these agreements are standing now, things could change between now and Tuesday. Also, the Free Agents that have been locked in, are all the ones that demand giant contracts, not necessarily all the impact guys. To say a GM has whiffed in free agency, when it hasn't even begun yet, is reaching at its finest.

Grigson needs to pull this off.  They have nothing on the roster, and the draft is very thin.  Grigson is going to hand out some big contracts so if you need to overspend on a player do it here.  If Mc gets out of NE and the Colts don't sign him then this is a huge mistake!  Plus there is value of taking away a chess piece of NE, big brother.

To say a GM has whiffed in free agency, when it hasn't even begun yet, is reaching at its finest.

it has begun though.  for example suh is a dolphin.  the ink isnt dry yet but that is just a formality at this point

it has begun though.  for example suh is a dolphin.  the ink isnt dry yet but that is just a formality at this point

Correction, the ink isn't even on the paper yet. Suh has signed nothing and can't until Tuesday. While he is committed to the Dolphins now, a team that wanted to could attempt to climb that uphill battle to convince him otherwise. Everything is talk right now, some weightier than others granted, and people would do well to keep that in mind.

Correction, the ink isn't even on the paper yet. Suh has signed nothing and can't until Tuesday. While he is committed to the Dolphins now, a team that wanted to could attempt to climb that uphill battle to convince him otherwise. Everything is talk right now, some weightier than others granted, and people would do well to keep that in mind.

u realize this kind of thing happens every single free agency and once terms are agreed upon they dont back out

You do realize FA hasn't even started yet, and none of these rumored deals are in ink... right? I mean, even if these agreements are standing now, things could change between now and Tuesday. Also, the Free Agents that have been locked in, are all the ones that demand giant contracts, not necessarily all the impact guys. To say a GM has whiffed in free agency, when it hasn't even begun yet, is reaching at its finest.

Please tell me when the last time a deal was announced in FA to be all but signed that it ended up not happening?  Ever?

Grigson is blowing it.  Again.  I can already see what's going to happen, he's eyeing 2nd tier bums like RJF, DHB, and Landry; guys he can overpay to start in Indy who would be backups on almost any other team.  We need IMPACT players and Grigson is getting us none.

Correct. That's the rumor.

The Colts and the Jets both offered 5th round picks for Marshall. The Jets pick earlier than the Colts so the Bears elected to trade Marshall to the Jets. Grigson didn't whiff, the Bears made the sensible choice.

There are reports we made no offer what so ever.   (ESPN)

But if we did -- and that's not confirmed -- then you're correct.    Our 5 would not be higher than the Jets 5.