Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts a suiter for McCourty.

i dont think 19 mil per year is massively over paying, nor am i say we should have offered more. if you want one of the best players in the league then its going to be expensive

19 million for any thing other than a good qb is stupid

Please tell me when the last time a deal was announced in FA to be all but signed that it ended up not happening?  Ever?

Grigson is blowing it.  Again.  I can already see what's going to happen, he's eyeing 2nd tier bums like RJF, DHB, and Landry; guys he can overpay to start in Indy who would be backups on almost any other team.  We need IMPACT players and Grigson is getting us none.

I know you're new,  but is PANIC your middle name?

Because that's what you're doing for no apparent reason.

Please tell me when the last time a deal was announced in FA to be all but signed that it ended up not happening?  Ever?

Grigson is blowing it.  Again.  I can already see what's going to happen, he's eyeing 2nd tier bums like RJF, DHB, and Landry; guys he can overpay to start in Indy who would be backups on almost any other team.  We need IMPACT players and Grigson is getting us none.

wait until Tuesday then complain, you are mad at fiction atm.

Please tell me when the last time a deal was announced in FA to be all but signed that it ended up not happening? Ever?

Grigson is blowing it. Again. I can already see what's going to happen, he's eyeing 2nd tier bums like RJF, DHB, and Landry; guys he can overpay to start in Indy who would be backups on almost any other team. We need IMPACT players and Grigson is getting us none.

Why didn't you tell us you have been in the war room in Indy?

It's all about the trenches. I'm fine if we miss out on McCourty as long as we get MONSTERS in the trenches. We'll be alright with average players at the safety position. In fact, average would be an upgrade over Landry.

However, if we get average guys along the D-line and O-line, then we will continue to have the same problems. This is an area that we can no longer fill with marginal players.

Year in and year out they just want the name. The splash. I don't know if they'll ever learn. It all starts in the trenches. Good lines make everyone look better.

Mcourty is a player, but my feeling was he didn't really have a lot of respect for the Colts and for some of the other teams. Obviously I don't have a whole lot of evidence, but can you blame him for taking less to stay with the champs?  I'm cool that we won't get him because I won't to hand it to his butt next season anyway.  

I know you're new,  but is PANIC your middle name?

Because that's what you're doing for no apparent reason.

I've been a longtime lurker, so i don't consider myself new :)

I've seen enough to know when it is time to panic.  Considering we lost out on McCourty and Suh today, and will probably lose out on Wilfork, Johnson, and Murray, I'd say it's time.

I've seen enough to know when it is time to panic.  Considering we lost out on McCourty and Suh today, and will probably lose out on Wilfork, Johnson, and Murray, I'd say it's time.

The Colts have more $ than the Dolphins. If they wanted Suh bad enough they would've got Suh. There is no evidence that they were ever interested in McCourty, contrary to forum and bleacher report rumors. Johnson is still a Texan ATM, so they can't lose out on him. It's been reported by multiple sources that the Colts aren't interested in Murray, so again they aren't losing out on him either. I've not heard anything about anyone being legit interested in Wilfork, until the Colts say they are interested and he signs with another team they haven't lost out on him either.

The Colts have more $ than the Dolphins. If they wanted Suh bad enough they would've got Suh. There is no evidence that they were ever interested in McCourty, contrary to forum and bleacher report rumors. Johnson is still a Texan ATM, so they can't lose out on him. It's been reported by multiple sources that the Colts aren't interested in Murray, so again they aren't losing out on him either. I've not heard anything about anyone being legit interested in Wilfork, until the Colts say they are interested and he signs with another team they haven't lost out on him either.

How the Colts could not be interested in Murray is beyond me.  Why on earth would they not be interested in the best RB in the league.  Yeah, yeah, Dallas's o-line is very good (although might be overrated due to Murray's greatness as well).  But I guarantee Murray would wreck havoc even with our line.  He is an incredible back, very underrated by most on this board.

How the Colts could not be interested in Murray is beyond me. Why on earth would they not be interested in the best RB in the league. Yeah, yeah, Dallas's o-line is very good (although might be overrated due to Murray's greatness as well). But I guarantee Murray would wreck havoc even with our line. He is an incredible back, very underrated by most on this board.

are you high? Murray the best RB in the NFL??? haha haha haha

How the Colts could not be interested in Murray is beyond me.  Why on earth would they not be interested in the best RB in the league.  Yeah, yeah, Dallas's o-line is very good (although might be overrated due to Murray's greatness as well).  But I guarantee Murray would wreck havoc even with our line.  He is an incredible back, very underrated by most on this board.

He may be underrated by some, but I wouldn't say his one year of success makes him the best RB in the league. Being the best current RB in the NFL isn't really a long term title anyway.

He may be underrated by some, but I wouldn't say his one year of success makes him the best RB in the league. Being the best current RB in the NFL isn't really a long term title anyway.

He's been successful since entering the league.  Injuries have kept him somewhat low profile, but last year showed his greatness on full display.  And he stayed healthy all year and is healthy now.  We need him.

Who had a better year last year? Which other RB was in the MVP race?

I don't care lol he has the greatest line in the NFL what has he done before he got that line? Ill take backs that have success every year not in their contract year only and behind an all pro line

He's been successful since entering the league.  Injuries have kept him somewhat low profile, but last year showed his greatness on full display.  And he stayed healthy all year and is healthy now.  We need him.

The Colts need some players, but they don't need Murray and will manage just fine without him.

You've listed 5 names.    There are dozens and dozens more.    And the guys we lost out on were hugely expensive.  

You didn't expect Grigson to top Suh's deal did you?    More than $19 Mill a year?

Did you expect Grigson to pay McCourtey $10+ MIll a year?

There are lots of other players to be bought.....   just take a deep breath and relax for a few more days....

Things will work out....