Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Despite reggies words he will consider offers from other teams

Makes me want to puke but... if Reggie really wants to go on, I'll still cheer for him.

However, I think it will tarnish his legacy if goes to another team and falls apart. Not saying it would happen but the chances are not his favor

It wont. The people that think that usually are just thinking with there emotions...There is no logic in that thinking, What he does on the field next year wont erase 14 years of hard work and production

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to be very selective as he knows this is most likely his last year.  Jacksonville has a lot of cap space but that would be a huge step backward.  I could see him going to Denver with the recruiting help of Peyton Manning.  (I'm so tired of hearing about the Broncos).

He could go to NE but I would think he'd be against playing for such a team.

New Orleans is a possibility but I don't know about their cap space and I don't believe they're much of a contender at this point.  

He would be against playing for the defending SB champs??  And a team he interviewed with in 2012?

If  there is a Patriot fan with a Delorean named Marty Mcfly it sounds like a great deal if you could of gotten Reggie Wayne in 2012 it would have paid off now after 14 seasons he is not the same . I believe the Broncos or the Patriots could be possible landing spots If he wants to continue I just believe he will choose to retire just my opinion ..

I hope he does.  If he can go to a contender, add more yards, TDs and possibly win a ring, the HOF might become a reality.  In any event, simply continuing to move up the all time lists, even if it's in Cleveland, will only help his chances. 

If you can still play, Reggie, play.  Get healthy and come back.

he's ticked by the way it was handled (IMO) and is going to fancy the day he can play the colts and rack up 100+ yards.  I wish he would just retire.  Peyton Manning is talking to John Elway right now over breakfast at the Elway Castle .  I'm sure Elway had the Bronco stretch limo go get him and bring him to the Castle.  The Centaurs are filling the moat with water right now to keep reporters out.

The Patriots organization has repeated issues regarding ethics/integrity.

No, it hasn't ; one issue does not = repeated. Never mind that Spygate was an ESPN-driven overreaction.

In my opinion, what's been going on in Indy over the past year has been worse.

No, it hasn't ; one issue does not = repeated. Never mind that Spygate was an ESPN-driven overreaction.

I'm just a Colts fan.  Why do you care what I think?  

You're getting quite defensive.  It indicates that in the back of your mind there was some wrongdoing on the part of the Patriots but you certainly would never admit that this thought has crossed your mind.  Thanks for indirectly letting us in on that!

I'm just a Colts fan. Why do you care what I think?

You're getting quite defensive. It indicates that in the back of your mind there was some wrongdoing on the part of the Patriots but you certainly would never admit that this thought has crossed your mind. Thanks for indirectly letting us in on that!

What a fail of a projection.

I'm more concerned about your ability to count beyond one issue.

What a fail of a projection.

I'm more concerned about your ability to count beyond one issue.

Not on my part.

Again, why do you care what my opinion is?  

I had mentioned that Reggie was a player who would be the type who would care about what organization with which he plays-their ethics, their operations, etc.  I pointed out why I believed (and still do) that the Pats organization lacks integrity.   You jumped on my opinion about the Patriots' repeated lack of integrity.  Spygate, Deflations, etc. Your refusal to understand doesn't eliminate their existence.  

Miami Dolphins makes sense as well. Please God, no Patriots.

No way the Pats would be in the market for a 36 year old WR..   Reggie Wayne 3-4 years ago, I'd be knocking people over trying to be the first to sign him.. but at 36, its over..  Tip your hat to him and his fall of fame career, and move along.

I wasn't really going to comment on this thread but this just needed a response.  Unfortunately, I don't think I can portray enough on a forum just how absurd this statement is but I will try.

prsus.gif

giphy.gif

JR50driving.gif

No way the Pats would be in the market for a 36 year old WR.. Reggie Wayne 3-4 years ago, I'd be knocking people over trying to be the first to sign him.. but at 36, its over.. Tip your hat to him and his fall of fame career, and move along.

I know this. But the last time I checked, you are not an NFL coach. lol. Some team may want him or he may sit in FA all year. Nobody knows, including you and I.

I agree. Maybe he didn't want a bunch of press is the only thing I can figure

Here is a scenario that seems reasonable to me.

I think I saw a tweet from Irsay that said he was in Miami talking with Reggie a week or so ago.  Assume the conversation was the Colts would not be signing him and Reggie says he wants to play one more year.  The Colts feel like they have to make the announcement with free agency pending so that when they start signing people, the focus is on that instead of Reggie's future.  Guessing they wanted to avoid questions especially if they sign someone like Andre Johnson.  Better to be ahead of the story.  

If Reggie gets signed to play another year by someone else, more power to him.  Doubt it happens.  Certainly would have been ideal if they could have made a joint statement.

Would you replace old, slow and injured with old, slow and injured?

If I was playing only for this one year ahead..and my old, slow and injured QB

had a decode long undeniable connection with a certain old, slow and injured WR

I might replace old, slow and injured Welker with old slow and injured Wayne..

the difference being the concussions...which Reggie has not had..

But I admit its not my money

If I was playing only for this one year ahead..and my old, slow and injured QB

had a decode long undeniable connection with a certain old, slow and injured WR

I might replace old, slow and injured Welker with old slow and injured Wayne..

the difference being the concussions...which Reggie has not had..

But I admit its not my money

Wayne can't get separation and hitting tight windows is not Manning's forte any longer.

I think Reggie is retired but it has not completely come to that realization.