Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Despite reggies words he will consider offers from other teams

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so that includes almost everybody here?

No, just the people that thinks every former Colt needs to be a Bronco or the world will go up in flames. You and sevens of eights of other people does not make the thought of Reggie Wayne going to the Broncos the thoughts of "almost everyone."

so jealous...corgi...so much jeaiousy

I'd love Reggie to play a year with Peyton in Denver...

....put your hand in the air...!!!

I'm sure you would love a Wayne Broncos Jersey to add to your collection.

Also you have no idea what the word "Jealous" means. What exactly am I jealous of? That a beloved player that was two years past his prime and was essentially a shell of his former self last year isn't being re-signed and may end up a non-factor in the AFC West? Or am I jealous of a soon to be 39 year old quarterback that is a year past his prime?

No I like the Colts and only the Colts and don't give a dried cat turd about the Denver Broncos or players that aren't currently on the Colts. I wish them luck, but I don't concern myself over their career after they leave the team. I cut the cord and let them move on.

Well, good for Reggie.  If he feels he can still play and contribute, I am sure there are teams that will want to sign him.

I've said it before, I don't get the  "you can only be a fan of a team" and "not a fan of a player".

I personally don't operate that way.  There are certain players that I will cheer for, no matter what team they are on.  Reggie falls in that category for me.  He has truly been one of the very best, BOTH  On and Off the Field.   Mad Respect for him.

Well, good for Reggie.  If he feels he can still play and contribute, I am sure there are teams that will want to sign him.

I've said it before, I don't get the  "you can only be a fan of a team" and "not a fan of a player".

I personally don't operate that way.  There are certain players that I will cheer for, no matter what team they are on.  Reggie falls in that category for me.  He has truly been one of the very best, BOTH  On and Off the Field.   Mad Respect for him.

It's a personal preference. I personally think you are either a cat person of a dog person. I personally loathe cats and will never own one, however if someone likes and owns both that's fine. I don't stop liking a guy once he leaves the Colts, I just stop following their career. I personally put all of my fandom into the Colts only, I have no loss of respect for someone that still cheers the old players on new teams. Just something I don't do, I'm personally happy that you and others still cheer them it's noble and very cool of you.

he says 'no'....and I guess he has that right

I would think that when he stated that the Colts would be the only team he would play for , he was assuming that the decision 9returning to Indy) would be his. Things probably changed a little when he was told he wasn't wanted back. For sure a tough spot for both management and Reggie.

No, just the people that thinks every former Colt needs to be a Bronco or the world will go up in flames. You and sevens of eights of other people does not make the thought of Reggie Wayne going to the Broncos the thoughts of "almost everyone."

I'm confused with your comment here.  I can't speak for anyone else, only my own thought and opinion.

I am not of the opinion that every former Colt needs to be a Bronco or the world will go up in flames.   I have however stated that in Reggie's case I thought landing in Denver would seem to be the only logical choice at  this stage of his career.  My reasoning is:

after playing with one team his entire career, to suddenly go to a new team, new coaches, different system, etc.. at least there would be an advantage to have some familiarity and  to reunite with the QB that he played the majority of his career with.  That is all.

I'm confused with your comment here.  I can't speak for anyone else, only my own thought and opinion.

I am not of the opinion that every former Colt needs to be a Bronco or the world will go up in flames.   I have however stated that in Reggie's case I thought landing in Denver would seem to be the only logical choice at  this stage of his career.  My reasoning is:

after playing with one team his entire career, to suddenly go to a new team, new coaches, different system, etc.. at least there would be an advantage to have some familiarity and  to reunite with the QB that he played the majority of his career with.  That is all.

That was no directed at you. There seems to be a contingency that believes every player the Colts cut with end up in Denver because of Manning and the honor of playing with Manning. I just don't believe that everyone that has played with Manning wants to play with him again. Many seem to think the Broncos are simply the Denver Colts and that by former Colts going to play there it will justify their decision to root for both teams to themselves and to those who don't cheer for both.

I get your reasoning and that's fine and logical. I have gone out of my way both today and in the past to say I have no issue with your rooting for the Broncos and the Colts, not that my opinion on that should matter to you because it shouldn't. The poster I was referring to seems to think if anyone has an opposing view point to his own then they are "jealous haters" and that delusion is simply that a delusion and not reality.

That was no directed at you. There seems to be a contingency that believes every player the Colts cut with end up in Denver because of Manning and the honor of playing with Manning. I just don't believe that everyone that has played with Manning wants to play with him again. Many seem to think the Broncos are simply the Denver Colts and that by former Colts going to play there it will justify their decision to root for both teams to themselves and to those who don't cheer for both.

I get your reasoning and that's fine and logical. I have gone out of my way both today and in the past to say I have no issue with your rooting for the Broncos and the Colts, not that my opinion on that should matter to you because it shouldn't. The poster I was referring to seems to think if anyone has an opposing view point to his own then they are "jealous haters" and that delusion is simply that a delusion and not reality.

Oh, I knew it wasn't directed at me.  I just jumped in and gave my opinion.   haha   I do that occasionally.    It's all good.  

Thanks for your explanation.  I like being able to talk things out with other posters who are reasonable.

Like so many others here,  I am saddened to see that Reggie will no longer be a part of the team.  If he doesn't choose to retire at this time, I'd at least like to see him finish his career with another familiar face, but things don't always go the way we'd like for them to.

He's going to help the guys in Seattle out, or maybe Detroit.

That would make sense, I also would mind him going to Oakland, someone with his experience could help Carr grow as a QB. Though I truly don't wish Oakland on anyone.

That would make sense, I also would mind him going to Oakland, someone with his experience could help Carr grow as a QB. Though I truly don't wish Oakland on anyone.

Yeah and Oakland is certainly planning on adding quite a few guys I think. I thought I saw something about Wayne wanting to play for a contender though, and I don't think anyone would mistake the Raiders as such.

Yeah and Oakland is certainly planning on adding quite a few guys I think. I thought I saw something about Wayne wanting to play for a contender though, and I don't think anyone would mistake the Raiders as such.

Yeah they are one of the farthest things from a contender. Seattle, Green Bay, San Diego, Baltimore, Carolina I could see him going to any of those teams. I don't want him going anywhere, but I'd rather him go somewhere and have a shot at a title than rot in mediocrity somewhere, ahem Oakland...

Yeah they are one of the farthest things from a contender. Seattle, Green Bay, San Diego, Baltimore, Carolina I could see him going to any of those teams. I don't want him going anywhere, but I'd rather him go somewhere and have a shot at a title than rot in mediocrity somewhere, ahem Oakland...

haha, same line of thinking I have with Andre. Maybe they'll team up on one of those teams you listed...can somebody say automatic title? :P

Makes me want to puke but... if Reggie really wants to go on, I'll still cheer for him.

However, I think it will tarnish his legacy if goes to another team and falls apart. Not saying it would happen but the chances are not his favor