Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts dangerous team for Demarco Murray also among best landing spots for Ndamukong Suh

Two names I've heard for Indianapolis. Frank Gore and CJ Spiller. Every good back is lining up to be with Andrew Luck. Colts are Lucky.

That's interesting. Omar Kelly is a beat writer for a Florida paper, covers the Dolphins.

Has no link to the Colts, Gore or Spiller. For him to be hearing anything about those three parties is strange. Either that means there are some pervasive rumors, or he's just picking up on blogger speculation.

That said, I'll take one C.J. Spiller, please.

U joking right? about wanting those backs you mentioned then Murray? Why the dislike for a top back. Folks there's no Faulk coming out of this draft. Give me a break about Boom/Ballard; they get high marks only because nobody wants to see Trent. Ballard has been injury-riddled and Boom coughs up the ball to much.

I like top backs. I just dont want to pay top back money. Murray is a product of what he had in Dallas. Indy doesnt have that so why give him cash to pretend like he can do what he did last season. The Murray we buy will be the Murray BEFORE last year. No thanks!

I think we can upgrade our running game without breaking the bank for Murray. I hope the Colts sign a veteran RB(one not named Murray) and draft another one.

If we're going to spend a lot of money I hope it's on defense. If we're going to overspend on one player, I hope that player is Suh. I'm tired of having subpar DTs. Suh gives us a bully in the middle. I think Mathis would have a monster year at LB with Suh up front too.

No offense , but reports like that mean no more than some * like myself pointing out that the Colts have a lot of cap room and need a new #1 RB. It could be the furthest thing in Grigson's mind to use around 6+ mill of cap room on a RB. Nor do we know if he would even consider spending around 14-15 mill per year on a DT. So my thoughts , you ask for them , are those two links can be flushed down the toilet as they bring nothing that wasn't very obvious to the table.

None taken. I was just posting some credible news that people may want to see, especially since I know many like Suh. We will just have to wait until FA to see if these reports are true.

I would be very upset of we signed Murray.

Bingo Derakynn! If INDY was dumb enough to pull the trigger on Murray, I'd say has Grigs learned nothing from the Trent Richardson move at all? Don't spend a heavy price on an established back or 1st round pick on a RB. I think Ryan learned his lesson here. 

Besides, I can't root for former Cowboys leftovers man if INDY made a play for him. It's against my Dallas animosity DNA. :P

Regarding Suh, even if we could swing him under our salary cap, I don't want defensive pass rushers who intentionally try to shorten a rival QB's career & livelihood. I like Aaron Rogers & if you try to harm him in an unsportsman like way, I pretty much despise you for a very long time. I never wanna see Suh in a Colts uniform ever. 

I'm still furious at Suh for kicking then Texans QB Matt Schab in the family jewels man. There are certain unwritten rules you just don't commit on the field. Enough said. 

Lol.. people are funny.. you guys would rather draft an unproven player over a dominant player yet to be in his prime.. Murray would vastly improve this team[/quote)

What's even funnier is made had people wanting to give up a 2nd for 29 yr old Forte.CRAZY

i wouldn't sell the farm but Murray would be a huge addition for the right price

Lol.. people are funny.. you guys would rather draft an unproven player over a dominant player yet to be in his prime.. Murray would vastly improve this team[/quote)

What's even funnier is made had people wanting to give up a 2nd for 29 yr old Forte.CRAZY

i wouldn't sell the farm but Murray would be a huge addition for the right price

I'm not advocating for either, but Forte has been behind a line that's pretty much as bad as ours and has produced consistently well. Murray on the other hand, ran behind arguably the best blocking OL in the NFL. If I had to choose between the two, it would easily be Forte.

Bingo Derakynn! If INDY was dumb enough to pull the trigger on Murray, I'd say has Grigs learned nothing from the Trent Richardson move at all? Don't spend a heavy price on an established back or 1st round pick on a RB. I think Ryan learned his lesson here. 

Besides, I can't root for former Cowboys leftovers man if INDY made a play for him. It's against my Dallas animosity DNA. :P

Regarding Suh, even if we could swing him under our salary cap, I don't want defensive pass rushers who intentionally try to shorten a rival QB's career & livelihood. I like Aaron Rogers & if you try to harm him in an unsportsman like way, I pretty much despise you for a very long time. I never wanna see Suh in a Colts uniform ever. 

I'm still furious at Suh for kicking then Texans QB Matt Schab in the family jewels man. There are certain unwritten rules you just don't commit on the field. Enough said. 

Personally I like the mean streak Suh is exactly whats been needed in Indy for many years -  I say take a good look Grigson this player is the real deal , 

We were told we are building a monster Suh is my Frankenstein go get him ..

That's interesting. Omar Kelly is a beat writer for a Florida paper, covers the Dolphins.

Has no link to the Colts, Gore or Spiller. For him to be hearing anything about those three parties is strange. Either that means there are some pervasive rumors, or he's just picking up on blogger speculation.

That said, I'll take one C.J. Spiller, please.

CJ Spiller can't be healthy to save his life. He will be Ahmad Bradshaw 2.0.

CJ Spiller can't be healthy to save his life. He will be Ahmad Bradshaw 2.0.

Yet, before last season, he had missed 3 games in his career. Hmmm...

I know he's not the absolute picture of health, but he's a good player, and doesn't have a lot of mileage.

You mean people would rather draft a fresh running back, from a deep running back class, for a fraction of the cost .... over an injury prone RB who was used hard last season, and will want a huge contract .... you're right what is everyone thinking ... "people are funny"  :sarcasm:

On top of that he fumbles. Everyone talks about the Dez catch/no catch in their loss to the packers, but Murry's fumble doomed the Cowboys.

We absolutely should go all in on both Murray and Suh.  Murray was the best RB in the league last year.  I can't believe most of you are against us signing him.  He would turn our offense around, regardless of O-line (which will be improved, at the very least marginally).  Bradshaw did just fine with our O-line before going down, imagine what Murray could do!

We absolutely should go all in on both Murray and Suh.  Murray was the best RB in the league last year.  I can't believe most of you are against us signing him.  He would turn our offense around, regardless of O-line (which will be improved, at the very least marginally).  Bradshaw did just fine with our O-line before going down, imagine what Murray could do!

:wall:

We absolutely should go all in on both Murray and Suh. Murray was the best RB in the league last year. I can't believe most of you are against us signing him. He would turn our offense around, regardless of O-line (which will be improved, at the very least marginally). Bradshaw did just fine with our O-line before going down, imagine what Murray could do!

haha

Really? Dallas' OL is leaps and bounds better than the Colts OL is at run blocking. Murray has no idea what it's like to run behind a line that he will have to actually work to get yards.

In no way am I saying he's not good, but there is no way I'm risking putting a ton of money in him when, for all we know, was a product of their OL.

:scratch:

look beyond the stat sheet.

haha

Really? Dallas' OL is leaps and bounds better than the Colts OL is at run blocking. Murray has no idea what it's like to run behind a line that he will have to actually work to get yards.

In no way am I saying he's not good, but there is no way I'm risking putting a ton of money in him when, for all we know, was a product of their OL.

Who should we put money into?  Mediocre scrubs like Landry and RJF who give us nothing for our dollar?  Every player in FA is overpriced, but let's at least get some return on our investment.  Murray would be a stud for us, I have no doubts about this.

haha

Sorry this should have been outside the quote...

Who should we put money into?  Mediocre scrubs like Landry and RJF who give us nothing for our dollar?  Every player in FA is overpriced, but let's at least get some return on our investment.  Murray would be a stud for us, I have no doubts about this.

Not an injury prone, overpriced, over-hyped RB who was over used last season, and ran behind one of the best O-Lines in the league.  There are way too many options at RB this year to over spend on Murray.

How about an OL that resembles something similar to what Dallas has? That would be an excellent start. RB is the LEAST of the Colts worries, and you want to spend money, albeit a good chunk, there? The Colts don't run the ball enough to make the value of what Murray wants worthwhile. Again, PASS.....

Edited by BleedBlu8792