Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week one opponent, Pats?

cmgww

Well if last season was any indication, the Pats were weak to start the season. They nearly lost to Oakland, as I recall. Yes, give them to us early.

I don't usually put a lot of stock into stuff like this, but the Pats are going to do everything in their power to pound the Colts into a fine powder the next time we play them. Early in the season, late in the season, whatever. They will want to destroy us.

I don't think that means they'll be able to. We obviously have huge issues with them, but I expect us to be better, and I expect them to have some personnel losses. Still, that game is going to be circled on their calendar.

Well if last season was any indication, the Pats were weak to start the season. They nearly lost to Oakland, as I recall. Yes, give them to us early.

They barely beat Oakland, lost to Miami, got murdered by the Chiefs and then rose from the ashes, started deflating footballs, got on the good end of the worst big play moment in SB history and boom champs

They barely beat Oakland, lost to Miami, got murdered by the Chiefs and then rose from the ashes, started deflating footballs, got on the good end of the worst big play moment in SB history and boom champs

Oh, so now you're declaring them guilty based on zero evidence again, eh?

What some of you are missing is that the Patriots' early problems were caused by the o-line issues.

Those were fixed. Hence the run afterwards.

You know I thought it was ridiculous that people called you a Patriots fan but now I can see why. You only show up to say the Pats will beat the Colts. You're worse than Modern with Trent.

Admitting a team is better than your team every time that team is being discussed makes you a fan of that team?

So I'm supposed to say the Colts will beat the Patriots then look dumb when they drop a 40 burger on us?

I don't believe the Colts can beat the Steelers either, guess I'm a steelers fan too

I'm like that family off the NFL shop commercial all in ONE yay TK!!!

:scoregood:

Why does it seem like our fan base can't take criticism well??..Whenever someone feels we can't beat a certain team, everybody's quick to call them a "fake fan"...it's ridiculous really

There are those who believe the Colts are the greatest thing to grace god's green earth, even when it's nationally televised at times that they aren't

There are those who believe the Colts are the greatest thing to grace god's green earth, even when it's nationally televised at times that they aren't

Well we all.know you only watch the nationally televised games. Even then you can't seem to figure out what you're watching

Admitting a team is better than your team every time that team is being discussed makes you a fan of that team?

So I'm supposed to say the Colts will beat the Patriots then look dumb when they drop a 40 burger on us?

I don't believe the Colts can beat the Steelers either, guess I'm a steelers fan too

Why does it seem like our fan base can't take criticism well??..Whenever someone feels we can't beat a certain team, everybody's quick to call them a "fake fan"...it's ridiculous really

I find it ridiculous that certain people say a team that they declare their favorite will get blown out by another team when the offseason just began.

I find it ridiculous that certain people say a team that they declare their favorite will get blown out by another team when the offseason just began.

0-4 against a team, all 4 games have been blowouts

Hard to believe that'll change in ONE offseason

Sure, they may lose Revis. But they didn't have Revis in 2 of the 4 matchups. May lose Blount, same thing.

Doesn't make me a Pat fan just cause I acknowledge/accept/understand/realize that Beli & Brady have the :colts: number

Well the fact that we've been blown out by them 4 times now..its not hard to see why some aren't as confident going against the pats as others...i mean i hope and believe we will beat them eventually...but i can see the point of views of others as well

Sure, they may lose Revis. But they didn't have Revis in 2 of the 4 matchups. May lose Blount, same thing.

Doesn't make me a Pat fan just cause I acknowledge/accept/understand/realize that Beli & Brady have the :colts: number

Never said you were a pats fan. Just said I know why people believe it. This is the first time I've seen you post since the Colts Pats playoff game.

Knock it off! Stop sniping about who is a "better fan"...After posting I remembered the SB winners get the opening home game. Thus, we won't be playing the Pats opening weekend. But I'd like to play them early. They seem to always get better as the season progresses. Part of BB and getting all the pieces to work together. So catch them early and maybe we have a shot.

And yes, on the scoreboard the past 4 games have been blowouts. But really only the AFCC was a total boat race. The first two meetings in 2013 were one score games into the 4th quarter. The regular season game last year was not a total housing until late. But still, the final score is what counts. And by now i think it's a bit mental too. The Colts need a circa 2005 game to break the bad mojo

It is not when "someone feels we can't beat a certain team" that is at issue here. It is more that a certain poster shows up, especially when things are going poorly for the Colts, and finds a perverse enjoyment wallowing in the muck like a pig on a hot day.

If I had to guess, Pats-Colts will be a Sunday night game sometime in November, when the conference standings are starting to shake out a little. We all know the league tries to set up these prime-time games to be as meaningful as possible. 

My guess is NE will open with Pittsburgh, just because there aren't a lot of good teams coming in to Foxboro this year. If they do, the Steelers will probably be without Bell (impending suspension, probably 2 games), which is good for us. 

I'd say you looked more dumb saying we'd go 5-11 and miss the playoffs and vanishing until post Pats game.

Because there is a way to express concern about an opponent without being Debbie Downer

I don't usually put a lot of stock into stuff like this, but the Pats are going to do everything in their power to pound the Colts into a fine powder the next time we play them. Early in the season, late in the season, whatever. They will want to destroy us.

I don't think that means they'll be able to. We obviously have huge issues with them, but I expect us to be better, and I expect them to have some personnel losses. Still, that game is going to be circled on their calendar.

I think they respect certain player on our team but I don't think they respect us as a team. They're like the High School senior jock and we're the nerdy freshman. That's how they view us.

I think they respect certain player on our team but I don't think they respect us as a team. They're like the High School senior jock and we're the nerdy freshman. That's how they view us.

Maybe so. I don't really care how they view our team. They have been a mile ahead of us. We just need to stay the course and keep getting better.

But I definitely think they'll want to destroy us.

Players suddenly show their age . Guys like Gronk get injured. Teams shore up a few weaknesses ... happens al the time.Look at all the SB teams that don't make the playoffs the following year. But yeah.. they are better than we are as we speak. No doubt about that.

10991063_10152719166238581_5385785852943

Players suddenly show their age . Guys like Gronk get injured. Teams shore up a few weaknesses ... happens al the time.Look at all the SB teams that don't make the playoffs the following year. But yeah.. they are better than we are as we speak. No doubt about that.

You can throw that stat out the window when talking about the pats. Idk if you've been paying attention, but they have made the playoffs every single year except the year brady went down. SB victory or not, makes no difference with that franchise.