Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Safeties in the Draft?

Hello everyone- hope you are well. 

With the release of Landry yesterday, I had a look at some of the FA options at safety- with perhaps a couple of exceptions. But I was wondering: Is there the possibility that Grigson may draft 2 safeties rather than pick a biggish FA? 

If so- who would you want?

If he was to draft 2 safeties- I'd hope Landon Collins somehow fell to us and make him our SS and later draft someone like Cody Prewitt to play FS.

Don't want 2 but I'll take Prewitt or Harris, I also have been watching plenty of Chris Hackett of TCU, He is growing on me a bit in a trade down into the 3rd...Maybe Clayton Geathers of Centrail Florida.....Don't think he has the recovery speed if beat deep though

With the release of Landry yesterday, I had a look at some of the FA options at safety- with perhaps a couple of exceptions. But I was wondering: Is there the possibility that Grigson may draft 2 safeties rather than pick a biggish FA? 

If he was to draft 2 safeties- I'd hope Landon Collins somehow fell to us and make him our SS and later draft someone like Cody Prewitt to play FS.

We have way, WAY too many needs to draft TWO safeties in this draft.   Especially since this is NOT a good class of safeties.

I suspect we'll draft one and re-sign Adams.     

And we don't know how much Grigson and Pagano like guys like Howell,  McDonald and Guy,  the PS player  just mentioned this week.

It's possible he could draft two safeties, in Grig's first draft he drafted: 2 QBs, 2 TEs and 2 WRs.

I think there is a very good chance the Colts sign Mike Adams, then have Dewey and Adams as the Day 1 Starters.  There are a few safeties I would not mind the Colts drafting but I would not expect one of them to start in 2015 unless there is an injury.

please NO you must of been sleeping when watching that tape! He can't tackle for his life and doesn't even make somewhat of a attempt. Would be POISON for our team.

Admit the tape I saw was pass defense so it is possible I didn't see any run defense. He for sure looks good in coverage

Personally I think that Adams is going to be offered a contract. I'm not really sold that he's the answer to our Safety issues tho. He's 34 or will be 34 and I don't think he warrants spending a lot of money on. If we could get him signed to a reasonable contract that's a different story. Having said that I expect Mike Adams to be back next year. I also think that we'll draft a safety at some point in the upcoming draft. With the release of Landry I would expect that Safety now becomes a priority pick and would expect that we draft one in the first 2 rounds.

Tartt in the third and Amos in the 5th. That would be my preference actually. Resign Adams and Brown for vets let Tartt and Amos play in and learn until ready to be starters. This is solve our safety issue for years to come. If they develop into good players that is.