Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have agreed to terms with CFL wide receiver Duron Carter (confirmed)

scooter4910

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still like for us too hit FA, for a Vet WR like lets see, Cecil Shorts from the Jags hes got potential hes a great possession receiver and has good size, with great hands. Hes never had a QB that can successfully throw him the ball and be consistent I look at him as an upgrade over Hakeem Nicks, and he fits in our system with Shorts, Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, possibly Reggie back we should have a good receiving corp this year. I think we will possibly pick up a receiver in the draft also, believe me Shorts will be better if he had a FRANCHISE QB throwing to him, Im surprised he actually has had some decent games with below average QBs...

I would still like for us too hit FA, for a Vet WR like lets see, Cecil Shorts from the Jags hes got potential hes a great possession receiver and has good size, with great hands. Hes never had a QB that can successfully throw him the ball and be consistent I look at him as an upgrade over Hakeem Nicks, and he fits in our system with Shorts, Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, possibly Reggie back we should have a good receiving corp this year. I think we will possibly pick up a receiver in the draft also, believe me Shorts will be better if he had a FRANCHISE QB throwing to him, Im surprised he actually has had some decent games with below average QBs...

I'd be okay with Shorts, at the right price, but he's not a "great" anything, except athlete. He especially doesn't have great hands, and that's my biggest hesitation with him: 7 drops on 60 catchable balls in 2014, 10 drops on 76 catchable balls in 2013, both bottom 10 among starting receivers.

I think we are gonna bring back Reggie, then we are gonna have Hilton,Moncrief,Carter, Wayne/Whalen, i think Whalen as No.4/5 wr and PR(and maybe KR) he would be cheap and he is a good possession receiver, we don't need another WR, we have 3 good TE and 2 solid WR and 3 probably average WR. Now we just need a ROL!!!

I wonder where La Canfora is getting that idea from.

He could be getting it from someone in the building, I don't know. I just doubt that anyone in the building would have called him a starter. More likely someone said he has starting potential. 

I just see media types twisting words all the time. I'll listen to an interview and hear one thing, then I'll see an article that completely misrepresents what was said in the interview. 

Everyone knocking the guy for playing in the cfl. That # 13 on seattles team was off the street. You can't teach size and speed. Has good hands also. the sky is the limits. It's up to him, between the ears if he wants to make that happen.

Everyone knocking the guy for playing in the cfl. That # 13 on seattles team was off the street. You can't teach size and speed. Has good hands also. the sky is the limits. It's up to him, between the ears if he wants to make that happen.

If the guy really works hard and learns the O he can contribute on a regular basis...if he slacks at all he is gone.

Da'rick was a MUCH more talented receiver and he could not make it.

I hope he does well...I'm just not expecting him to be more than a part time contributor.

If the guy really works hard and learns the O he can contribute on a regular basis...if he slacks at all he is gone.

I hope he does well...I'm just not expecting him to be more than a part time contributor.

Meh, I don't think Rogers was more talented. 

Cris Carter loves the airtime. He is like Gruden, every time a camera is pointed at them they light up like a Christmas tree. :D

I never noticed that before CC1 until you said that, but you're right when Gruden crunches his nose & gets that gleam in his eye; Chucky looks like he hit the Christmas eggnog with liquor in it a little too hard. 

Comedian Frank Calendo does a perfect "Let me tell you what man"spider Y banana, over the top theatrics for maximum laughs he's got Gruden down to a T. 

http://youtu.be/aNiFB_UVsC0

Cris Carter was exceptional at catching the ball at it's highest point & pulling it out of the air with hands never letting the football bounce off his body. That HOF Vikings WR could catch anything. 

I hope he taught Duron everything he knows. I loved Cris's athleticism & motor to compete & win man. I sincerely hope this acquistion is Cris Carter 2.0 for INDY. Knock on wood. Time will tell. 

Where did you come up with the idea that Da'rick was much better?  I have seen Da'rick play and don't quite understand where you come up with that. While I haven't seen Carter live I have watched every tape I could find and IMO you are wrong.

I'd be okay with Shorts, at the right price, but he's not a "great" anything, except athlete. He especially doesn't have great hands, and that's my biggest hesitation with him: 7 drops on 60 catchable balls in 2014, 10 drops on 76 catchable balls in 2013, both bottom 10 among starting receivers.

I think we can get Cecil involved more in our system on offense we might actually see a whole different Cecil Shorts, hes had some bad QBs throwing to him since he came into the NFL, no "perfectly thrown" balls so u say catching ducks from guys like Chad Henne, and Blaine Gabbert any receiver would have drops like he did, he still has hands and i bet is a better target than Hakeem Nicks and Cecil will be less money and he comes straight from the AFC South will already feel pretty comfortable, with A.Luck throwing him the ball and building a chemistry with an actually winning team he will be better only 27 years old bring him to the Blue Side, give him a shot, he can help Build this Monster...

This is great news! I watched the 8 minute video of his td catches and other catches and I was very impressed. He has a very nice ability to catch underthrown passes, his speed (while not as good as TY), is solid. He can catch anything. Nice separation and an ability to catch the ball in traffic. I honestly think with a couple years of experience in a competitive league (CFL is more competitive than college) and a solid pedigree, he would of been a late round draft pick had he been able to declare or been put in the supplemental draft. We basically got a 5th or 6th round guy with huge upside without using a draft pick. Great deal and I hope it pays off!

I think we are gonna bring back Reggie, then we are gonna have Hilton,Moncrief,Carter, Wayne/Whalen, i think Whalen as No.4/5 wr and PR(and maybe KR) he would be cheap and he is a good possession receiver, we don't need another WR, we have 3 good TE and 2 solid WR and 3 probably average WR. Now we just need a ROL!!!

I agree

Reggie played this year banged up

He was clearly not the same Reggie

I think he gives it one more year

A Reggie Wayne helps the youngsters prepare

Just what the Colts need a privileged kid with issues ...

Cayden Cochran, Coffeyville's starting quarterback for Carter's season there, wrote on his Twitter account in February of 2013. "I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."

Also, its been said he absolutely hates the process of learning - not sure how that relates being coached ... I sure hope he has matured!

The way I look at it, there is likely very little risk to this signing.  If he lives up to his potential then it's an extremely high reward.  If he's just a bum, we release him and have likely lost very little as it's doubtful his contract was very big.  

We need WR depth anyways.

I can't believe how excited so many fans/posters are about Carter.

This is what is being written by those who know football:

"Carter (6-foot-4, 205) is being talked about like a potential future star, but we really need to scale back expectations. It's extremely unusual for top-flight prospects to spend two years in Canada, even if they have off-field issues like Carter. (Carter isn't a top-flight prospect.)..."

I found this interesting article that IMO disagrees have you read it ?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-teams-angling-to-sign-gifted-cfl-receiver-duron-carter--cris--son-211232239.html

who cares? it can't be much

I would think it matters in case he pans out. If it's just a 1 or 2 year deal, and he emerges as a big-time player, then that would mean the Colts would have to re-sign him to hefty contract. Whereas if they lock him up for 4 years or so, then they've gotten a steal.

Now since I watch the CFL , carter will be OK. His off field stuff is history,hehad very few problems up here. He even ran a get together for the players and families to hang out and forget football for while. As I said before the CFL can humble a player pretty quick and make better men out of them.

Hopefully he's committed now and everything translates onto the field.  I think he's got some Randy Moss type of ball skills on the deep ball, although he's not nearly as fast.  Love his hands and catch range as a possession receiver.  Haven't studied his route running a whole lot, but I'm sure Chris Carter has schooled him on that quite a bit/