Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speculation Thread: What do you think happened at Deflategate? (Merge)

ColtsBlueFL

No I don't think he would BUT I also don't think he would take the chance and do the presser he did today if he really did it. I believe he is trying to figure it out because he knows the league is looking for a needle toting ball boy instead of doing the most obvious which is to simulate how the Pats prep their balls and mimic the atmospheric condition during the game to see how the psi would change from indoors where the balls are inflated and stored to outside.

21360_Chewbacca_Defense_Wide.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain to me how the Colts balls remained in compliance, but 50 yards (150 feet) away 11 of 12 footballs lost two psi. Can you? No, you can't. You know why, it's not possible that the atmospheric pressure is that different in that small of a distance. What Bill did was got to a local B&N buy a spark notes book about air pressure, looked up some words in the back of an earth science text book, and tried to play the genius card on the media.

You know why he called a special last second press conference? So he could catch everyone off guard.

You know why he said the team won't be answering any more questions about the deflation? Because now that he bullcrapped everyone, they will have a chance to do a google search and call him on his crap.

He would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. Also when you are referencing My Cousin Vinny you lose credibility.

NE Balls were exactly at 12.5 which is the minimum, the colts balls were probably higher PSI. There aren't any reports of what the Colts balls were at the time when they were checked and what they were at halftime.

Sal Palintonio claims the team knows where he is at all times when at the stadium. So Bill Belichick knows exactly what's going on everywhere, including the checking of the football's. So he knew how balls were inflated, checked, or deflated. That tells me he lied on Thursday. So this idea he is somehow trying to do science experiments makes no sense.

Sal Palintonio claims the team knows where he is at all times when at the stadium. So Bill Belichick knows exactly what's going on everywhere, including the checking of the football's. So he knew how balls were inflated, checked, or deflated. That tells me he lied on Thursday. So this idea he is somehow trying to do science experiments makes no sense.

But, but, but Bill said he never ever said or knew anything about the care of the footballs. He pinky swore.

NE Balls were exactly at 12.5 which is the minimum, the colts balls were probably higher PSI. There aren't any reports of what the Colts balls were at the time when they were checked and what they were at halftime.

If we are to believe the 2 pound deflation below specs that would mean the Colts footballs would have had to be inflated above the leagal limit to pass at halftime which means they wouldn't have passed pre inspections if you are going to claim temperature reasons. Fail in your part

But, but, but Bill said he never ever said or knew anything about the care of the footballs. He pinky swore.

I actually was surprised to hear this from Sal. He said if you are from the other team or the media you can't go the bathroom without the Patriots knowing. Sounds insane, until you realize cheaters always believe someone is cheating them.

Two reasons this turns out worse than Spygate. This is their second time and this time they're trying to cover it up.

I wonder how this will all blow up in Goodell's face if the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Brady and Belichick participate in it, and it turns out they lied about the footballs.  He has seemed very passive during this scandal.

A chance they could lose to a team they have blown out 3 times the last two years including this year at Indy?

You're really trying to tell us the fact that the Pats blew out the Colts is evidence that they didn't cheat ? Like saying a guy that robbed a bank couldn't have done it because his rich uncle died two days later and left him a million $. I'm about to get banned if I keep reading stupid *ic posts like this.

Air pressure is most effected by atmospheric pressure and prep. The inside of the ball is bladder. The obvious answer is usually the most plausible but when people want to believe the worst you get someone looking for a needle poking ball boy. Also, as we have all said repeatedly, the Pats did not need to touch the balls to beat the Colts so why do it in the title game? Makes no sense.

Still no explanation why one teams balls were under inflated by 2 PSI+ while one teams balls were within the allowable range.

This suggests tampering.

What? The hard questions come from the local media not the national guys who asked Brady over and over on Thursday what he would say to his fans who thing he is their hero. lol.

False, the TMZ and national guys are the ones who are going to call them out for cheating. They don't have to worry about straining a relationship with the team like Tom Curran of the ProJo. Just wait til Monday.

Yes, yes there were. They stayed the same. All game. Same weather and atmospheric conditions as the Patriots 50 yards away.

I wonder how this will all blow up in Goodell's face if the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Brady and Belichick participate in it, and it turns out they lied about the footballs.  He has seemed very passive during this scandal.

He made 44 million dollars last year...lot of angry owners but he still is making them all a ton of money by leaving the stars in the game despite how obvious the team cheated.

Another good question was posted by another member here, DW49. If Belichick's explanation is valid, why is it that the Pats footballs' PSI did not change appreciably in the second half when it was a lot colder?

A meteorologist on the radio reported that it was 50° in Foxboro at the srart of the game on Sunday. He said it was not cold enough to change the footballs' PSI.

With each press conference they hold, the Pats look more and more guilty, IMO.

I believe the Patriots had to use the Colts footballs in the second half. But your point still stands.

He made 44 million dollars last year...lot of angry owners but he still is making them all a ton of money by leaving the stars in the game despite how obvious the team cheated.

You cannot have fans questioning the integrity of the game though. That's all the game sits on now. If you kick that stool out the NFL will crumble.

I for one am thrilled that ol Bill had this press conference. He definitively proved that the Patriots were not responsible for the improperly inflated balls by definitively explaining how the Patriots prepare their balls in such a way that causes improper inflation.

Hey, wait a minute...

I believe the Patriots had to use the Colts footballs in the second half. But your point still stands.

According to all reports, the Patriots' footballs were inflated to the proper PSI and were used in the second half. After the game the footballs were retested and found to still be in compliance.

Are you suggesting that all 24 balls were under-inflated? Why would it be necessary to inflate the reserve ones if they were in compliance?

Not to mention, it was even colder in the 2nd half....   If this "weather" excuse we're hearing were true,  wouldn't the same thing have happened again,  or am I missing something   :scratch:      I guess I need to better educate myself   :hmm:

Not to mention, it was even colder in the 2nd half.... If this "weather" excuse we're hearing were true, wouldn't the same thing have happened again, or am I missing something :scratch: I guess I need to better educate myself :hmm:

Yep, that is exactly what I wrote in a reply to Ricker who agrees with us. Before hearing from a meteorologist earlier today, I had not realized it was 50° at the start of the game. It was not cold enough in the first half to affect the PSI of the footballs by as much as they did.

According to all reports, the Patriots' footballs were inflated to the proper PSI and were used in the second half. After the game the footballs were retested and found to still be in compliance.

That's against the rules, then. I haven't heard that.

Once the balls are checked before the game, the footballs cannot be altered.

A chance they could lose to a team they have blown out 3 times the last two years including this year at Indy?

I doubt this was a scheme dreamed up to gain an advantage for this game against the Colts.  More likely they've been doing this for a long time and getting away with it.  They just happened to get caught this time.

NE balls were below 12.5 which is the problem. The Colts' footballs didn't drop in psi.

Well that was very interesting. Bill said the Pats did their own simulation of how they prep their balls and then what happens to them when they leave a controlled environment. He said the balls are rubbed for tackiness in this process it raises the psi by 1 psi so if the refs then aired them to 12.5 then they would lose 1 1/2 psi below once outside. I think I may have gotten some of this wrong. But the net is Bill said he is 100 percent sure the Pats did nothing wrong but would have to see what the refs did. He did say anytime you stick a gauge in a warm inside ball and then put it outside it will lose pressure.

Give this presser, I really don't think Bill is lying because of the level of detail he went into. If there was some conspiracy here to deflate the balls this would look catastrophically bad.

That's some serious rubbing to heat then up that much. Is a bit of a stretch. The temp still had to be super low got that kind of drop.

Furthermore, they have to air the balls up FIRST then tack them up. So it would go from 12.5 to 13.5 and then back down.

That's the point of conspiracies too, most of them don't go catastrophic and that's why the conspiracy is never proven.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 25, 2015 - reference to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 25, 2015 - reference to removed post

^ The above is a delusional guy. And now bringing in kids is a low blow. I hope you are not a parent.

Pretty sure that is a violation of rules. You can't question someone's character or make defamatory statements.

No,  that's not correct.

11 of 12 New England footballs were two pounds below the minimum level allowed,  which means 10.5.    Allowable is 12.5-13.5.     The 12th ball was found to be just below the allowable amount, but just barely.

All Colts footballs were found to be in the allowable range before the game,  at halftime and after the game.

Here's the ESPN FAQ on the topic.    The issue we're discussing is right at the top.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/159490/faq-nfl-investigating-wheter-patriots-deflated-game-balls

No.  

11 of 12 New England footballs were two pounds below the minimum level allowed,  which means 10.5.    Allowable is 12.5-13.5.     The 12th ball was found to be just below the allowable amount, but just barely.

All Colts footballs were found to be in the allowable range before the game,  at halftime and after the game.

True, but this is really, really complicated. One team's footballs were at an illegal PSI and the other team's weren't. This is some difficult stuff. There's all these numbers and there's two entirely different teams... it gets confusing. I think in light of that your blunt "no" may be a little rude.