Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speculation Thread: What do you think happened at Deflategate? (Merge)

ColtsBlueFL

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was very interesting. Bill said the Pats did their own simulation of how they prep their balls and then what happens to them when they leave a controlled environment. He said the balls are rubbed for tackiness in this process it raises the psi by 1 psi so if the refs then aired them to 12.5 then they would lose 1 1/2 psi below once outside. I think I may have gotten some of this wrong. But the net is Bill said he is 100 percent sure  the Pats did nothing wrong but would have to see what the refs did. He did say anytime you stick a gauge in a warm inside ball and then put it outside it will lose pressure.

Give this presser, I really don't think Bill is lying because of the level of detail he went into. If there was some conspiracy here to deflate the balls this would look catastrophically bad.

Well that was very interesting. Bill said the Pats did their own simulation of how they prep their balls and then what happens to them when they leave a controlled environment. He said the balls are rubbed for tackiness in this process it raises the psi by 1 psi so if the refs then aired them to 12.5 then they would lose 1 1/2 psi below once outside. I think I may have gotten some of this wrong. But the net is Bill said he is 100 percent sure  the Pats did nothing wrong but would have to see what the refs did. He did say anytime you stick a gauge in a warm inside ball and then put it outside it will lose pressure.

Give this presser, I really don't think Bill is lying because of the level of detail he went into. If there was some conspiracy here to deflate the balls this would look catastrophically bad.

He could have said Tony Dungy did it and you would have believed that!

Still doesn't explain why the Colts footballs remained inflated.

You don't stand up and say what he did to the level he did it and be lying. If he is and he is found out, he would be kicked out of the league. We will see what the league finds ...

Athletes do it all of the time.  Lie, lie, lie until you get caught and then apologize.  Does Ryan Braun ring a bell?

Gee an investigation done by the Patriots shows that the Patriots did nothing wrong..................what a stunning revelation.

Three press conferences on deflating footballs by the Patriots in this short of a time period, they sound desperate.

crazy that Colts 

Also doesn't explain why when they inflated those same balls at halftime that they didn't  go back under PSI in the 2nd half...

I don't believe the reserve balls were prepared the same way ... not sure but I think that is what was said.

He did say he has to see what the refs did.