Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsBlueFL

Speculation Thread: What do you think happened at Deflategate? (Merge)

Open to questions, but only if I want to answer them whithout incriminating myself

Now Goodell will come out and say nothing was found.  I'm sure Bill has already been told this.  So they had to decide who was gonna tell it first just like FDR and Churchill. 

My guess is he held this conference now so he doesn't have to answer questions next week. There will be a whole lot of "no comments" from him or "I already answered that"

He says that this is the end of the subject for him. He is moving on to the Seahawks.

Never heard Belichick sound so mad. I still don't believe him. He is doing damage control.

Did he say he is transparent?

How many times did you conduct this experiment?

Did you have a control group of footballs?

Did you have a placebo?

What was the standard deviation off the PSI?

Were any balls harmed during this experiment?

Bill said and I can agree if the ball is rubbed it can have something inside stimulated lol

I need more likes!

Its funny he thinks this is the end of it. I wish i knew what reporter asked him about spygate

Well that was very interesting. Bill said the Pats did their own simulation of how they prep their balls and then what happens to them when they leave a controlled environment. He said the balls are rubbed for tackiness in this process it raises the psi by 1 psi so if the refs then aired them to 12.5 then they would lose 1 1/2 psi below once outside. I think I may have gotten some of this wrong. But the net is Bill said he is 100 percent sure  the Pats did nothing wrong but would have to see what the refs did. He did say anytime you stick a gauge in a warm inside ball and then put it outside it will lose pressure.

Give this presser, I really don't think Bill is lying because of the level of detail he went into. If there was some conspiracy here to deflate the balls this would look catastrophically bad.

Well that was very interesting. Bill said the Pats did their own simulation of how they prep their balls and then what happens to them when they leave a controlled environment. He said the balls are rubbed for tackiness in this process it raises the psi by 1 psi so if the refs then aired them to 12.5 then they would lose 1 1/2 psi below once outside. I think I may have gotten some of this wrong. But the net is Bill said he is 100 percent sure  the Pats did nothing wrong but would have to see what the refs did. He did say anytime you stick a gauge in a warm inside ball and then put it outside it will lose pressure.

Give this presser, I really don't think Bill is lying because of the level of detail he went into. If there was some conspiracy here to deflate the balls this would look catastrophically bad.

He could have said Tony Dungy did it and you would have believed that!

Still doesn't explain why the Colts footballs remained inflated.

He could have said Tony Dungy did it and you would have believed that!

You don't stand up and say what he did to the level he did it and be lying. If he is and he is found out, he would be kicked out of the league. We will see what the league finds ...

He said other teams may prepare their balls differently from the Pats which would not cause the psi variance.

We had a different atmosphere on the visitor's side.

You don't stand up and say what he did to the level he did it and be lying. If he is and he is found out, he would be kicked out of the league. We will see what the league finds ...

Athletes do it all of the time.  Lie, lie, lie until you get caught and then apologize.  Does Ryan Braun ring a bell?

He said other teams may prepare their balls differently from the Pats which would not cause the psi variance.

1.5 PSI lost would make the Colts footballs below acceptable levels as well.

What is really important here is Bill got out in front of the league with his findings. So they have to either verify or negate what he said but he knows his ball preparation process and was able to simulate it with a variance in psi.

Well I sure aint gonna cry and whine like some on this forum over 1 PSI

I can almost believe that Bill had nothing to do with this but someone did manipulate those balls. 

Goodell never really proved bountygate but people were still punished.

Gee an investigation done by the Patriots shows that the Patriots did nothing wrong..................what a stunning revelation.

Three press conferences on deflating footballs by the Patriots in this short of a time period, they sound desperate.

The Colts must not rub their balls as vigorously as the Pats do.

There was more than just the rubbing but it was so technical I didn't get all of it.

crazy that Colts 

Also doesn't explain why when they inflated those same balls at halftime that they didn't  go back under PSI in the 2nd half...

I think what is also key here is if the league does not find any human evidence of tampering than Bill can say their ball preparation is the reason for the variance so then probably looking at a fine at most.

crazy that Colts 

Also doesn't explain why when they inflated those same balls at halftime that they didn't  go back under PSI in the 2nd half...

I don't believe the reserve balls were prepared the same way ... not sure but I think that is what was said.

He did say he has to see what the refs did.

crazy that Colts 

At a time when it would have been even colder than the first half.  That same thought had crossed my mind as well.

What is really important here is Bill got out in front of the league with his findings. So they have to either verify or negate what he said but he knows his ball preparation process and was able to simulate it with a variance in psi.

allegedly