Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Speculation Thread: What do you think happened at Deflategate? (Merge)

ColtsBlueFL

After Bill's presser today, the NFL investigation will exonerate the Pats not condemn them ... I will bet on that.

I don't think this exonerate's the Pats as a whole.  If Brady was a part of this, and Bill knows it, Bill can still come out and say what he just said,

and if the evidence later shows Brady did it then Bill just denies having any knowledge of it.  I don't think Brady will throw Bill under the bus, and

I think Bill is counting on there not being any evidence pointing directly to Brady.

If someone in the organization is responsible, though, the entire team will have to bear a part of the penalty, though.

Just my .02, of course...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this article sums up that highly enlightening press conference.

"There was a lot of scientific bluster from Belichick, none of which explained why 11 of his 12 balls weren’t in compliance but all 12 of the Colts’ were."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/24/bill-belichick-quotes-science-my-cousin-vinny-in-bizarre-presser/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

I thought the Pats would win before the deflated balls, now I would not touch this game with an angry Pats team and coach ...

What exactly do they have to be angry about?  They were the ones using illegally prepared footballs.  I'd think every one who follows the rules would be angry at them for breaking them.

I believe it more today than I have all week.

You would believe they were innocent if BB and Brady came out and said they were the ones that deflated the balls. Your opinion on this matter doesn't matter. You close your eyes and mind to anything other than what you want to hear. BB came off as a defensive liar who thinks he can't get caught. I'm sure he thought that with spygate too. Balls don't deflate themselves. No one outside of the Patriots fanbase bought it for a second.

The Seahawks absolutely don't fear Brady and Bill and they are going to knock the dog crap out of your dirty team.

i thought you don't bet? Plus you are hoping. They still have to answer to the fact the colts balls didn't lose pressure

The popular answer seems to be that the Colts actually overinflated there footballs so that when they lost pressure they were still legal.   Of course, this is not possible since those footballs would have not passed pre game inspection.  

To be honest we are not sure the leaks have all the facts correct as the NFL has not confirmed the facts in the leaks nor have laid their facts on the table. No the weather on the night in question can not effect the footballs by 2 PSI, but perhaps 0.5 PSI. If the pats balls are at 12.6 PSI and the Colts footballs are 13.2 PSI, then after coming in the cold, and not allowed to return to room temp, the balls will be 12.1 and 12.7 respectfully and thus the colts balls will be in spec both times but the pats would not. So if the 2.0 PSI report it off, then it is perfectly feasible that the colts balls could be in spec both at room temp and at game temp but pats would be in spec at start of game but not in game.

We just need to see what the NFL says when it displays the facts.

Well all reports have been 2 psi and there has been no one to contradict that. Your qb looked like a 12 year old in the principal's office at his press conference trying to convince everyone of his innocence and failing miserably.

i thought you don't bet? Plus you are hoping. They still have to answer to the fact the colts balls didn't lose pressure

The report never said the Colts balls didn't lose any pressure but they remained in compliance. Plus Bill said his team's process of prepping the balls cause them to gain 1 psi before inflation and then lost 1/2 psi from atmospheric pressure.

The popular answer seems to be that the Colts actually overinflated there footballs so that when they lost pressure they were still legal. Of course, this is not possible since those footballs would have not passed pre game inspection.

I like how this has turned into the Colts cheating.

You would believe they were innocent if BB and Brady came out and said they were the ones that deflated the balls. Your opinion on this matter doesn't matter. You close your eyes and mind to anything other than what you want to hear. BB came off as a defensive liar who thinks he can't get caught. I'm sure he thought that with spygate too. Balls don't deflate themselves. No one outside of the Patriots fanbase bought it for a second.

The Seahawks absolutely don't fear Brady and Bill and they are going to knock the dog crap out of your dirty team.

I believed for most of this week that Brady had it done it as I have stated over and over. I just figured there was no evidence which is why both were some adamant in their pressers on Thursday but after hearing Bill today emphatically deny any team intent to compromise the integrity of the game and the fact that he spent a good amount of time conducting science and physics experiments the week before the Super Bowl to determine the cause of deflation tells me that no one did anything and Bill was taking it upon himself to get the answers. I also believe he was handing this to the league as I am pretty sure he knew they would be searching for needles instead of ruling out the most plausible cause like how his team prepares the balls and atmospheric pressure and needle gauges. So yeah, I do believe them. No way he says what he did today if the Pats had any wrong doing here.

The presser was a total waste of time. Who are these people asking the questions and why did no one ask why all the Colts' balls were in compliance and none of the Patriots' balls weren't?

They were all patriots reports like Tom Curran of the providence journal that's how they can get away from hard questions and say "I'm not going to talk about this anymore" although I was surprised someone opened the door back up on Spygate.

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/2tjmpn/the_deflategate_case_is_closed_everyone_we_can/.compact

The report never said the Colts balls didn't lose any pressure but they remained in compliance. Plus Bill said his team's process of prepping the balls cause them to gain 1 psi before inflation and then lost 1/2 psi from atmospheric pressure.

Explain to me how the Colts balls remained in compliance, but 50 yards (150 feet) away 11 of 12 footballs lost two psi. Can you? No, you can't. You know why, it's not possible that the atmospheric pressure is that different in that small of a distance. What Bill did was got to a local B&N buy a spark notes book about air pressure, looked up some words in the back of an earth science text book, and tried to play the genius card on the media.

You know why he called a special last second press conference? So he could catch everyone off guard.

You know why he said the team won't be answering any more questions about the deflation? Because now that he bullcrapped everyone, they will have a chance to do a google search and call him on his crap.

He would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. Also when you are referencing My Cousin Vinny you lose credibility.

They were all patriots reports like Tom Curran of the providence journal that's how they can get away from hard questions and say "I'm not going to talk about this anymore" although I was surprised someone opened the door back up on Spygate.

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/2tjmpn/the_deflategate_case_is_closed_everyone_we_can/.compact

What? The hard questions come from the local media not the national guys who asked Brady over and over on Thursday what he would say to his fans who thing he is their hero. lol.

Explain to me how the Colts balls remained in compliance, but 50 yards (150 feet) away 11 of 12 footballs lost two psi. Can you? No, you can't. You know why, it's not possible that the atmospheric pressure is that different in that small of a distance. What Bill did was got to a local B&N buy a spark notes book about air pressure, looked up some words in the back of an earth science text book, and tried to play the genius card on the media.

You know why he called a special last second press conference? So he could catch everyone off guard.

You know why he said the team won't be answering any more questions about the deflation? Because now that he bullcrapped everyone, they will have a chance to do a google search and call him on his crap.

He would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. Also when you are referencing My Cousin Vinny you lose credibility.

You need to listen again. He said the way the Pats prep their balls causing them to go up 1 psi before inflation. The other 1/2 of psi was lost due to atmospheric conditions. He also said that he is does not know if other teams prepare their balls the way that the Pats do and also in the league report never said the Colts balls did not lose air just that they remained in compliance.

the fact that he spent a good amount of time conducting science and physics experiments the week before the Super Bowl to determine the cause of deflation tells me that no one did anything and Bill was taking it upon himself to get the answers.

Google searches, and watching Myth Busters is not conducting science and physics experiments. You are ridiculous if you believe that.

Google searches, and watching Myth Busters is not conducting science and physics experiments. You are ridiculous if you believe that.

Air pressure is most effected by atmospheric pressure and prep. The inside of the ball is bladder. The obvious answer is usually the most plausible but when people want to believe the worst you get someone looking for a needle poking ball boy. Also, as we have all said repeatedly, the Pats did not need to touch the balls to beat the Colts so why do it in the title game? Makes no sense.

You need to listen again. He said the way the Pats prep their balls causing them to go up 1 psi before inflation. The other 1/2 of psi was lost due to atmospheric conditions. He also said that he is does not know if other teams prepare their balls the way that the Pats do and also in the league report never said the Colts balls did not lose air just that they remained in compliance.

I listened. He made long-winded statements that contradicted science, physics, and rational thought. If I were under the influence of the perfect cocktail of drugs and alcohol I wouldn't have believe a word he said.

But to your point, if they went up 1psi before inflation, and only lost 1/2 a psi then how exactly did they lose 2psi?

On what planet does .5 = 2?

I listened. He made long-winded statements that contradicted science, physics, and rational thought. If I were under the influence of the perfect cocktail of drugs and alcohol I wouldn't have believe a word he said.

But to your point, if they went up 1psi before inflation, and only lost 1/2 a psi then how exactly did they lose 2psi?

Up one psi before inflation if I understand correctly. So when they think they fill to 12.5 it is actually 11.5 and then lost another 1/2 from atmosphere.

But the greater point here is Bill did simulate the ball prep to try to get to the bottom of this prior to the Super Bowl and he took his findings whether you think they hold water or not to the media today. One week before the big game. He won't be address this again once in Arizona per the league investigation. So this tells me the Pats did not do a thing as there is no way Bill would risk everything if he thought for a minute someone in his org intentionally tampered with the balls. He would be kicked out of the league and out of hall of fame too.

Air pressure is most effected by atmospheric pressure and prep. The inside of the ball is bladder. The obvious answer is usually the most plausible but when people want to believe the worst you get someone looking for a needle poking ball boy. Also, as we have all said repeatedly, the Pats did not need to touch the balls to beat the Colts so why do it in the title game? Makes no sense.

I know how a football is constructed. My 6 month old son could figure that out. The obvious answer (and correct answer) is the Patriots did something stupid and couldn't cover their tracks.

Never have I said the Patriots needed to touch the balls to beat the Colts. The best explanation I can give you for why they cheated was they thought there was a chance they could lose, and they are the worst cheaters in the world.

You can go back to your dumb argument all day, but it doesn't make it a good argument.

I know how a football is constructed. My 6 month old son could figure that out. The obvious answer (and correct answer) is the Patriots did something stupid and couldn't cover their tracks.

Never have I said the Patriots needed to touch the balls to beat the Colts. The best explanation I can give you for why they cheated was they thought there was a chance they could lose, and they are the worst cheaters in the world.

You can go back to your dumb argument all day, but it doesn't make it a good argument.

A chance they could lose to a team they have blown out 3 times the last two years including this year at Indy?

Up one psi before inflation if I understand correctly. So when they think they fill to 12.5 it is actually 11.5 and then lost another 1/2 from atmosphere.

But the greater point here is Bill did simulate the ball prep to try to get to the bottom of this prior to the Super Bowl and he took his findings whether you think they hold water or not to the media today. One week before the big game. He won't be address this again once in Arizona per the league investigation. So this tells me the Pats did not do a thing as there is no way Bill would risk everything if he thought for a minute someone in his org intentionally tampered with the balls. He would be kicked out of the league and out of hall of game too.

He did this presser today so he can say next week "I answer your questions on Saturday, I have no further comment."

He only wants to have smoke blown up his and Tom's butts next week. He knew if he didn't call this bogus presser then the only question he would get next week would be "So how did the air leak out of the ball?"

I'm not even Batman, Sherlock Holmes, or Shaggy and I got to the bottom of this mystery.

Patriot Planet.  They have their own universe.

A chance they could lose to a team they have blown out 3 times the last two years including this year at Indy?

Apparently they were worried, why else would you cheat? Keep lobbing these dumb arguments, I'll keep knocking them over the Monstah.

He did this presser today so he can say next week "I answer your questions on Saturday, I have no further comment."

He only wants to have smoke blown up his and Tom's butts next week. He knew if he didn't call this bogus presser then the only question he would get next week would be "So how did the air leak out of the ball?"

I'm not even Batman, Sherlock Holmes, or Shaggy and I got to the bottom of this mystery.

He won't be allowed to comment once in Arizona per the league. And while Bill is normally tight lipped he has been anything but that in these two press conferences. He has been forthcoming, transparent, and detailed. To be honest, I wish he was this way more with his pressers as I really enjoy listening to him talk about the game. He is such a smart man and gets it on so many levels but so guarded when it comes to the xs and os of the opponent and match up.

He won't be allowed to comment once in Arizona per the league. And while Bill is normally tight lipped he has been anything but that in these two press conferences. He has been forthcoming, transparent, and detailed. To be honest, I wish he was this way more with his pressers as I really enjoy listening to him talk about the game. He is such a smart man and gets it on so many levels but so guarded when it comes to the xs and os.

He's not as smart as you think, or he would've came up with some better lies to cover the trail of blood leading to his house.

But the greater point here is Bill did simulate the ball prep to try to get to the bottom of this prior to the Super Bowl and he took his findings whether you think they hold water or not to the media today. One week before the big game. He won't be address this again once in Arizona per the league investigation. So this tells me the Pats did not do a thing as there is no way Bill would risk everything if he thought for a minute someone in his org intentionally tampered with the balls. He would be kicked out of the league and out of hall of fame too.

The balls were 2 PSI under 12.5. That's 10.5 PSI.

The presser was a total waste of time. Who are these people asking the questions and why did no one ask why all the Colts' balls were in compliance and none of the Patriots' balls weren't?

Another good question was posted by another member here, DW49. If Belichick's explanation is valid, why is it that the Pats footballs' PSI did not change appreciably in the second half when it was a lot colder?

A meteorologist on the radio reported that it was 50° in Foxboro at the srart of the game on Sunday. He said it was not cold enough to change the footballs' PSI.

With each press conference they hold, the Pats look more and more guilty, IMO.

Amfootball do you think Bill would say he did it if he knew the league wouldn't find physical evidence of deflating football's?

No I don't think he would BUT I also don't think he would take the chance and do the presser he did today if he really did it. I believe he is trying to figure it out because he knows the league is looking for a needle toting ball boy instead of doing the most obvious which is to simulate how the Pats prep their balls and mimic the atmospheric condition during the game to see how the psi would change from indoors where the balls are inflated and stored to outside.

Another good question was posted by another member here, DW49. If Belichick's explanation is valid, why is it that the Pats footballs' PSI did not change appreciably in the second half when it was a lot colder?

A meteorologist on the radio reported that it was 50° in Foxboro at the srart of the game on Sunday. He said it was not cold enough to change the footballs' PSI.

With each press conference they hold, the Pats look more and more guilty, IMO.

The reserve balls were inflated before being inserted into the game in the second half.