Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

Like BB had anything to do with the balls...

But of course if I were a Colts fan I would want BB to be removed from the league so they could actually start winning some games vs the Pats.

Lets be truthful, that's exactly what you are all thinking.

Odds are he had everything to do with it along with some players... and the owner. We are thinking your guy(s) have hurt the intergrity of the game of football as a whole on multiple occasions with both the Ravens and the Colts. I gurantee more teams will come out as well. You can't keep making up nonsense arguments to cover that fact.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But of course if I were a Colts fan I would want BB to be removed from the league so they could actually start winning some games vs the Pats.

yeah I am sure the ball boy just thought of this on his own and did it on his own...

Give me a break.  BB has a history of being caught cheating before like it or not this is what comes when your team gets caught cheating again.  People are going to look at the guy who got caught cheating before and assume he had his hand in it again.  This would be like if another defense coached by Greg Williams was found to be putting bounty's on players and tried to say oh Williams had nothing to do with it.  People would laugh. 

How about a bowl ban like in ncaa? Kind of like the one Carroll earned for his college team before jetting to the NFL. One year for each ball for every year BB coaches. No way to avoid that unless you wanna wait til your 70s for another legitimate shot again.

This isn't about BB anymore do you know how the NE's QB is? do you really think that Brady didn't notice the difference between the balls? He is part of everything your QB because there's no way he called first the allegations "nonsense" but if you have 14 years on the league and you don't notice the difference there are 2 options :
1 you are a complete fool.

2 you are part of that.

But really any QB knows when the ball isn't right.

I'm with Ruksak. Throw them out. I've no desire for our team to advance by default though. Award Seattle the title. Remove all draft picks for next year, and put them on a 5 year suspended sentence - transgress again and they are thrown out the league for good.

In reality they'll get fined, a rap on the knuckles, and BB will use the fake outrage to drive his team to SB glory.

What a desperate sleazy organisation.

Yeah, BB would never cheat would he?

What's it feel like supporting a bunch of cheats?

This isn't about BB anymore do you know how the NE's QB is? do you really think that Brady didn't notice the difference between the balls? He is part of everything your QB because there's no way he called first the allegations "nonsense" but if you have 14 years on the league and you don't notice the difference there are 2 options :

1 you are a complete foul.

2 you are part of that.

But really any QB knows when the ball isn't right.

Brady isn't the leader BB is.  Brady is a team player and even if he knows the team is cheating (which he might not have known let's be honest the officials didn't notice until the Colts drew their attention to it) he's not going to throw them under the bus.  He's going to do what good team players do and stand up for his team.  Brady is just a worker following his bosses orders when it comes to things like this. 

How about a bowl ban like in ncaa? Kind of like the one Carroll earned for his college team before jetting to the NFL. One year for each ball for every year BB coaches. No way to avoid that unless you wanna wait til your 70s for another legitimate shot again.

NCAA banned Penn State and took wins from Paterno for a few years only to give his wins back in the last few weeks which is sad. I would have bet money on Carroll being the one to get the banhammer first for rules infractions in the NFL too.

this is a joke get outta here with this none sense they got CAUGHT AGAIN haha

We'll know more in the next 24-72 hours I'm sure, but if it turns out what I feel is the case, I'll apologize to Colts since Belichick or Brady probably won't. Believe me, I feel worse right now for winning than you Colts fans do for losing. I'm still hoping there is some logical explanation, but 11 out of 12 balls bad... that only points to cheating. I feel like a fool. I feel like I've been lied to by Belichick and Brady this week, laughing off the report. Not denying anything. Right now I have zero interest in this SB. That's how bad I feel right now. For what it's worth, being a lifelong Patriots fan, if only my vote counted, and all the details prove accurate, I'd vacate the Patriots win and give the Colts the win and the Super Bowl spot. Disgusted in Mass.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/20/7864117/patriots-deflated-footballs-nfl-new-england-bill-belichick

I'm with Ruksak. Throw them out. I've no desire for our team to advance by default though. Award Seattle the title. Remove all draft picks for next year, and put them on a 5 year suspended sentence - transgress again and they are thrown out the league for good.

In reality they'll get fined, a rap on the knuckles, and BB will use the fake outrage to drive his team to SB glory.

What a desperate sleazy organisation.

you nailed it right on the head i can see them winning the superbowl he prolly laughing about it smh

Why should they be allowed to advance? Why are we fans not taking to social media demanding their disqualification?

In what sporting realm can a team/competitor be caught cheating and still be allowed to play for a championship the following game? This is ludicrous.

You have a strong point. Cheaters are usually disqualified from any form of competition. But ask yourself this, do you honestly see it happening here.

The next best thing is a death penalty of sorts, such as the loss of multiple picks, and possible banishment from future post seasons.

Listening to Steve Young on ESPN right now talking about how this really doesn't give a great advantage. WHAT THE HELL? Not the point. They cheated, again, on their way to the SB.

Edited by Nadine
name calling and excessive formatting

Brady isn't the leader BB is.  Brady is a team player and even if he knows the team is cheating (which he might not have known let's be honest the officials didn't notice until the Colts drew their attention to it) he's not going to throw them under the bus.  He's going to do what good team players do and stand up for his team.  Brady is just a worker following his bosses orders when it comes to things like this. 

But then if he knew and was a part of it then he must be punished for that.

Explain why?

Titles are removed from people for cheating, teams are disqualified. Why not in the NFL?

The NFL Network is avoiding right now, joking about it. 

Ravens go on Super Bowl run where the biggest story is Ray Lewis. It comes out that he was using "Deer Antler Spray". Nothing happens. He plays in the game and the NFL bans the substance after the season. Team wasn't forced to vacate the title.

Eugene Robinson gets busted with a hooker the night before the Super Bowl. NFL still lets him play the game anyways.

Lawrence Taylor admits to drinking cocaine on the sideline of the Super Bowl. Nothing is done to vacate their Super Bowl win.

All press is good press with the NFL. Unless it's bad press about their incompetence, then they're bringing the hammer down first chance they get. Just ask Ray Rice.

You can't just have pro teams vacating titles and the commissioner vacating the win of a blowout over something stupid like this. If that's what you want to do then lets just bring in Vince McMahon to replace Roger Goodell as commissioner in order to make it as interesting as possible. We can have "loser leaves town" games between Baltimore and Cleveland and Mike Tomlin preventing TD's by tripping the kick returner while the ref sheepishly looks the other way. After LeGarrette Blount cashes in during free agency this year then is cut by his new team 9 weeks into next season he can just go AWOL. Then before the Colts rematch the Pats next year in the AFC title game Phil Simms can just go berserk during player introductions "GOOD GAWD IS THAT LEGARRETTE BLOUNT'S MUSIC!!?!?!?!" Then he proceeds to sprint onto the field and destroy the Colts on the ground all day. Luck will manage to bring the Colts back though Brady will have the last possession and Gronk scores a game winning TD then proceeds to Gronk spike a deflated football while Chuck falls to his knees in disbelief. Belichick just McMahon struts off the field with his stupid little grin.

That last paragraph is a testament to just how absurd this whole season has been.

I will always be a Patriot fan no matter what. 

Lets not forget that Refs responsibility is to check the balls 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to the game...what happened to that?

If its an NFL * then they should own up to their mistake.

We will see what the NFL announces tomorrow.

Listening to Steve Young on ESPN right now talking about how this really doesn't give a great advantage. WHAT THE HELL? Not the point. They cheated, again, on their way to the SB.

is Brady knew they were under inflated he be banned for a year with their coach and lost of 2 draft picks 1st pick be too the colts  and second pick too the ravens. 

We'll know more in the next 24-72 hours I'm sure, but if it turns out what I feel is the case, I'll apologize to Colts since Belichick or Brady probably won't. Believe me, I feel worse right now for winning than you Colts fans do for losing. I'm still hoping there is some logical explanation, but 11 out of 12 balls bad... that only points to cheating. I feel like a fool. I feel like I've been lied to by Belichick and Brady this week, laughing off the report. Not denying anything. Right now I have zero interest in this SB. That's how bad I feel right now. For what it's worth, being a lifelong Patriots fan, if only my vote counted, and all the details prove accurate, I'd vacate the Patriots win and give the Colts the win and the Super Bowl spot. Disgusted in Mass.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/20/7864117/patriots-deflated-footballs-nfl-new-england-bill-belichick

I am going to give you a tone of credit right now.  This has to be an extremely hard post to write.  I am sure you aren't the only Pats fan who feels this way right now but it says a lot about you to come to the other teams message board and say it.  It might not mean much but you beyond earned my respect with this post tonight. 

It will be interesting to see what else is found but now we have confirmation that they in fact cheated.

There are reports coming out regarding the incident in the media.  It will be nice to see the final report by the NFL, hopefully that will coming out in a few days. 

Reports are saying that the balls were 2.0 PSI below the lower limit.  It would be interesting to find out how much of that 2.0 PSI is attributed to the drop in temperature. 

you sir are a good guy your not here to defend then like the others I applaud you sir for coming here and admitting they cheated :thmup:

Lets not forget that Refs responsibility is to check the balls 2 hours and 15 minutes prior to the game...what happened to that?

If its an NFL **** UP then they should own up to their mistake.

Yeah, let's blame the Patriots cheating on the refs. 

Honestly, if I was Kraft I'd fire Belichick for his nonsense. This is going team mean that any time anyone mentions the Patriots they will bring up cheating next. No need to apologize... but this also hurts the integrity of the league.

GoodellRoger.jpg

=

VinceMcMahon009KYKYBackground.jpg

So weird you posted this. I just got off the phone with my bud, and I made the comment "I don't watch pro wrestling for reason. You can't trust what you're seeing, it's fake".

....and here we are, the game I passionately love, watching a team being allowed to play for the SB title right after being caught cheating for the second time in 10 years.....the same exact people doing it. 

But then if he knew and was a part of it then he must be punished for that.

You punish the guy who is the leader when it comes to something like this.  It's possible Brady didn't notice, again the officials didn't notice it until the Colts pointed it out to them.  I highly doubt it was Brady's idea and I really doubt Brady did it.  This screams the head coach or someone higher up ordering this.  They are the ones with the power to make this happen.  The starting QB, even if it's Brady, doesn't have the power to make this kind of thing happen. 

So weird you posted this. I just got off the phone with my bud, and I made the comment "I don't watch pro wrestling for reason. You can't trust what you're seeing, it's fake".

....and here we are, the game I passionately love, watching a team being allowed to play for the SB title right after being caught cheating for the second time in 10 years.....the same exact people doing it. 

Andrew Luck vs Tom Brady in a steel cage Super Bowl appearance on a pole match. BOOK IT McMAHON!

If its an NFL **** UP then they should own up to their mistake.

No one is challenging your fandom, but I'd be upset as a fan of a team who will now always be remembered for cheating first and foremost. If the team was deflating balls as they were being tossed in what the refs do before the game is irrelevent. I bet the ball boys take a fall for this... and were doing it all game on behalf of the hooded one and/or higher ups. 

Now we will see what the commish will do. It is the 2nd time they have been caught using unethical actions this season alone. The deal with the Ravens couldn't be used because there were no rules to cover it. That more than likely will be addressed in the next owners meetings. This is the one that should draw a huge fine and a loss of draft pick or picks. It also should include a suspension but I doubt that will happen. We will wait and see. I am glad that Brady threw a pick or they would have gotten by with it. I didn't care too much for the Patriots but this makes me absolutely hate them. I know there is nothing we can do but I will not debate or tolerate any more Pats fans in this forum talking smack. I know it is not much but my ignore switch will be busy. It's the only way I can say my displeasure.