Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL....nice thought, but seriously....they need to clobber the Pats on this one.

Boot Belichick for a year and cancel their entire draft.

Still like my idea better haha

With that many picks we could gamble on guys like

Gurley & that CB from Oregon who got hurt who's name I'm not even gonna try and type out.

To me the only fair way to settle this is to strip the Pats of the AFC title and have the Ravens vs Colts to determine who goes to the big dance. Then of course suspend BB for a year and a post season ban next. The so called death penalty.

But let's face it folks, a fine and maybe a draft pick taken away is all they'll get.

CColin Cowherd discusses the perception of the Patriots as cheaters, compares Andrew Luck to John Elway and chats with Peter King and Richard Shermanolin Cowherd discusses the perception of the Patriots as cheaters, compares Andrew Luck to John Elway and chats with Peter King and Richard Sherman

ing and Richard Sherman.Colin Cowherd discusses the perception of the Patriots as cheaters, compares Andrew Luck to John Elway and chats with Peter King and Richard Sherman

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12200143

To me the only fair way to settle this is to strip the Pats of the AFC title and have the Ravens vs Colts to determine who goes to the big dance. Then of course suspend BB for a year and a post season ban next. The so called death penalty.

But let's face it folks, a fine and maybe a draft pick taken away is all they'll get.

But here's the question, do the Colts host that game due to the higher seed.... Or do you play it at a neutral site due to it being played under the circumstances that the actual AFC Champion was found guilty of fraudulence?

And then not to mention, you gotta call all the players back from vacation since they're in offseason mode

give picks too the colts and ravens ?

I just read the Bob K. twitter about that and it says that D'Qwell didn't notice but then the Colts became suspicious after that, i just don't get it then.

i read some place that the Colts became suspecious in the first New England game. So my guess is they were on the look out for it that or they have the smartest equipment manger in history.

But here's the question, do the Colts host that game due to the higher seed.... Or do you play it at a neutral site due to it being played under the circumstances that the actual AFC Champion was found guilty of fraudulence?

And then not to mention, you gotta call all the players back from vacation since they're in offseason mode

Cancel the Pro Bowl and play that game instead! 7 of the 53 Colts are going to be there already.

LOL....can you imagine?

The draft forum here would have a billion mocks.

And what's crazy is that with that many picks, at least 45% of the mocks would be close to being right

And then Grigson could really take his "project players" that he seems to love so much at the RIGHT times in the draft

Just found this

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2015/01/20/tom-brady-admitted-in-2011-he-likes-deflated-footballs

But when Gronk scores – it was like his eighth touchdown of the year – he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball. I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes,” Brady said at the time.

"I like the deflated ball"

This was back from 2011

I don't think you appreciate the profundity of what they've done here.

Ohh I know.. its bad!!! But do you really think the league is gonna throw a major punishment on them..? Maybe a couple fines and maybe but highly doubt, the loss of a pick. None of which will really hurt them. Plus is this something that if they hadn't done, would have changed the outcome of the game? Highly highly doubt it. Colts got utterly dominated!!!

i read some place that the Colts became suspecious in the first New England game. So my guess is they were on the look out for it that or they have the smartest equipment manger in history.

I'm willing to bet there are more teams who had the same problem against them.... and a lot of talk had been going on behind the scenes, but this time they actually have tangible proof in the form of a football.

CColin Cowherd discusses the perception of the Patriots as cheaters, compares Andrew Luck to John Elway and chats with Peter King and Richard Shermanolin Cowherd discusses the perception of the Patriots as cheaters, compares Andrew Luck to John Elway and chats with Peter King and Richard Sherman

ing and Richard Sherman.Colin Cowherd discusses the perception of the Patriots as cheaters, compares Andrew Luck to John Elway and chats with Peter King and Richard Sherman

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12200143

good show at it .

I'm willing to bet there are more teams who had the same problem against them.... and a lot of talk had been going on behind the scenes, but this time they actually have tangible proof in the form of a football.

id bet other teams had a problem too but they didn't point it out so the league couldn't get proof of it.

Ohh I know.. its bad!!! But do you really think the league is gonna throw a major punishment on them..? Maybe a couple fines and maybe but highly doubt, the loss of a pick. None of which will really hurt them. Plus is this something that if they hadn't done, would have changed the outcome of the game? Highly highly doubt it. Colts got utterly dominated!!!

its ok too cheat and get rewarded ?

The outcome of the game is not the issue here. The integrity of the Franchise and willingness to break rules, even after being caught before is the issue

You really think this thing is/was that simple? There are about 50 shades of gray here. The Colts handled one ball that they felt was deflated. And it was handled by a LB who rarely touches the game balls of other teams. The call was then made at halftime to the league. The refs then pulled multiple balls out of play after half but no one knows why. Balls are pulled all the time from games for being deflated, abnormal or wet. And no one knows how the balls got that way. The weather was a beast as well effecting the ball. At one point in the second half a ball was removed from play and a new ball was put in and again no one knows why. Was a kicking ball put in place by mistake? Was it deflated? Wet? Again, referees discretion.

Now the league is investigating. IF nothing is found on the Pats from an accusation stemming from a LB saying one ball is flat I am not sure how you think that does not reflect poorly on the Colts in a game in which they lost 45-7.

Been looking for you ... can't seem to find you. Oh... don't worry your little head about the Colts looking bad.

Ohh I know.. its bad!!! But do you really think the league is gonna throw a major punishment on them..? Maybe a couple fines and maybe but highly doubt, the loss of a pick. None of which will really hurt them. Plus is this something that if they hadn't done, would have changed the outcome of the game? Highly highly doubt it. Gits git utterly dominated!!!

I have a feeling the repercussions will be severe. But certainly not what the punishment should be. 

The Patriots should be disqualified forthright, immediately upon the resolution of this investigation. I realize the logistics are pretty serious, but it must be done. Anything less is unacceptable (no, I don't think the NFL has the balls to actually do the right thing). Regardless, a storm is coming and it will be severe. As it stands; The most brilliantly successful single team era in the history of the NFL has had it's legacy permanently destroyed. 

PS: It doesn't matter what the score was. We got eliminated by a team that was actively cheating in order to gain a competitive advantage. That....is serious. Sickening. 

Pats will essentially get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again and life will go on. Highly doubt there will be serious punishment for this if anything.

Then they risk a major backlash.....and a bigger ripple effect than you think. This isn't some thug player shooting up a strip bar....this is the integrity and believability of what is happening ON the field regardless of the score.

If they did it against a Colts team they'd blown off the planet 3 times in a row....exactly how confident are you that they DID NOT do it against Baltimore the other week....a team who's previously gone into Foxboro and beat their teeth in?

I didn't put that picture of Goodell = Vince McMahon for no reason.

This is bull :cuss:

If the colts can't beat them on the field at least we get the pleasure of burying their legacy after all the heartache they've caused us over the years.

Peyton= GOAT

Not so fast, buckaroo. They buried their own legacy under a pile of arrogance and stupidity. I really think they figured that with the last time they wouldn't be caught again... and if they were the penalty would be light. That shouldn't be the case here becasue this stuff hurts the entire game. Plus they can't burn these footballs before people found out what they did, and to what level.

Did the Patriots do the same thing to the Ravens? That game was close enough to make a difference. Had the Ravens won the Colts would have been home against the Ravens. Think about that.

Doesn't matter.  They cheated. Again!    

If there was no advantage to be gained, then why did they do it in the first place?   Who knows how much it really affected the outcome of the game?  There is no way to tell.  It doesn't even matter anyway because it's more of an issue of the Patriots again messing with the integrity of the game and the league.  If there gonna cheat continually and get slapped on the wrist, then every team in the league should just start saying the heck with the rules.