Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

So weird you posted this. I just got off the phone with my bud, and I made the comment "I don't watch pro wrestling for reason. You can't trust what you're seeing, it's fake".

....and here we are, the game I passionately love, watching a team being allowed to play for the SB title right after being caught cheating for the second time in 10 years.....the same exact people doing it. 

All I know is this....for a sport that generates 10B + a year in revenue, the NFL will be playing a very dangerous game with their credibility if they do not drop a sledgehammer on New England for this.

Yesterday....when all we knew at the time was that one ball was affected, I just kind of shrugged my shoulders and thought "who knows...maybe they just fouled up on one of them".

But 11 of the 12 balls? There's no way that's an accident...and Goodell better get this right.

What I'd like to see is Belichick suspended for one year.....effective NOW....and the Patriots lose their entire 2015 draft.

Every damn pick they have including comp picks.....gone.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the league treats this as seriously as the boxing commission would if a fighter won a title fight by knock out wearing 8oz gloves instead of the regulation 12oz. Sure the fighter may have manhandled his opponent; however, you cannot discount the unethical and illegal advantage it provides.

In rainy conditions, a deflated ball could prove much easier to catch. We sure could have used an easier ball to catch with all the drops we had in the game. Now I'm not naive enough to believe that it would have changed the outcome of the game, as it was clearly lopsided. Unfortunately, it seems we will never know how it would have gone had they played by the rules. I'm just disapponted. Prior to today, I really didn't care about "deflate gate"; however, with the news that 11 of the 12 Pats balls were deflated, I just feel that an egregious injustice was done. From what I've come across, it seems that the weather could have accounted for about .4 pound deflation. Given that the balls were 2 pounds light, I can't help but feel that this is calculated and gross misconduct. I'm not sure what the league will do, but I hope that it sends a very long lasting message that this kind of garbage will be NEVER be tolerated again...

I just bought a D'Qwell Jackson jersey, confirming another cheating offense under BB/Brady's tenure and tarnishing their legacy is great news that we needed. maybe now we won't be so scared when we play them. Either way, this is great. Peyton is goat 100% sorry Tbone

The refs DID INSPECT the balls 2 hours and 15 minutes before the game.    That's not in dispute.

The balls got deflated AFTER that.    That's what makes New England guilty,  caught red-handed.

EXACTLY.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4776756/patriots-should-be-held-accountable

I guess there is a very small chance that this came as a result of Anderson not inspecting them correctly but I don't think that is likely.  I also don't think 50 degree weather did this to the balls either and I don't think Reiss does either. 

and the justice comes from BB and the organization.  Not Brady.  If you punish Brady you have to punish every player on the team and that's just unrealistic and frankly it's highly possible the players never knew any of it. 

Normaly LB don't have the ball but D'Qwell notice the diference, now a RB,WR,C,QB are used to the feeling of the ball every Patriot that touched the ball normally would notice.

This reminds me of Nixon being caught in Watergate.

People kept saying "why would he do that?   He was going to win easily.   Why did he cheat?"

And the simple answer is because some people feel the need to control the outcome even if it looks like they'll win,  they want to do everything they can to make sure they win.    So Nixon cheated.

So Belichick cheats.    It's in his DNA.

This is the latest to tarnish his reputation....   and I'm going to enjoy this.....    forever!

All I know is this....for a sport that generates 10B + a year in revenue, the NFL will be playing a very dangerous game with their credibility if they do not drop a sledgehammer on New England for this.

Yesterday....when all we knew at the time was that one ball was affected, I just kind of shrugged my shoulders and thought "who knows...maybe they just fouled up on one of them".

But 11 of the 12 balls? There's no way that's an accident...and Goodell better get this right.

What I'd like to see is Belichick suspended for one year.....effective NOW....and the Patriots lose their entire 2015 draft.

I don't think they should be allowed to play in the Super Bowl. Realistically I know there isn't another option, but it really Saints (<<<best questionable word censor ever! *author's note*) the product. 

I think BB should be suspended for a year and I think Kraft should fire him. I know it's an unrealistic wish. I agree the punishment should be very harsh. Use it as an example to scare the pants off the rest of the league. I also would like to see the Patriots suspended from post season play for at least a year.

I just bought a D'Qwell Jackson jersey, confirming another cheating offense under BB/Brady's tenure and tarnishing their legacy is great news that we needed. maybe now we won't be so scared when we play them. Either way, this is great. Peyton is goat 100% sorry Tbone

From what I heard you need to buy the equipment guy's jersey because he's the guy who noticed.  Jackson picked the ball and wanted to keep it for getting a pick in the AFCCG and gave it to the equipment manager who noticed it wasn't right and alerted Pagano and Grigson.  My guess is he was probably instructed to be on the look out for it but the equipment guy is the one who noticed it. 

Normaly LB don't have the ball but D'Qwell notice the diference, now a RB,WR,C,QB are used to the feeling of the ball every Patriot that touched the ball normally would notice.

He didn't he's admitted that. The equipment guy noticed it when Jackson gave him the ball to hold on to for him and alerted Pagano and Grigson. 

nfl owners and the fans fault for letting then still cheat .

Your words don't always come across very clear. But this is the most accurate, simple and potent statement regarding this matter I've heard yet. 

In this age of social media, we fans need to grab our virtual pitchforks and demand severe, sweeping and stunning consequence for this if the NFL wishes to continue to profit from us. Their product has been tainted. 

Fans should demand their disqualification. Delay the Super Bowl and put in their place a classy organization that did NOT cheat. Us. We should be advanced, any other sport would see this through. 

I don't think they should be allowed to play in the Super Bowl. Realistically I know there isn't another option, but it really Saints the product. 

I think BB should be suspended for a year and I think Kraft should fire him. I know it's an unrealistic wish. I agree the punishment should be very harsh. Use it as an example to scare the pants off the rest of the league. I also would like to see the Patriots suspended from post season play for at least a year.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if that happened....but that punishment ricochets in too many directions and hurts folks who had nothing to do with it....sponsors and such. There would be a cascade of lawsuits.

BB getting immediately suspended....and their 2015 draft picks cancelled?

That's entirely doable....and Goodell should do it.

Hopefully the Pats lose a 1st rounder for this, that would be my guess. They lost a 1st round pick for spygate and the Saints lost 2 2nds for Bountygate (didn't have a 1st). I'm guessing a 1st rounder and a fine will be the punishment. Hopefully like Bountygate, the head coach (Belicheck in this case), will be suspended for a year as well.

What is a loss of a 1st round pick to a dynasty?

They'll laugh at the league if they say that

The refs DID INSPECT the balls 2 hours and 15 minutes before the game.    That's not in dispute.

The balls got deflated AFTER that.    That's what makes New England guilty,  caught red-handed.

Likely the ball boys did it on behalf of the men in charge. This whole thing is pretty sad... and I hope the Goodell has enough air in his to make an example of this team. You hurt the game you pay the ultimate price. Like Pete Rose did for baseball.

Then idk i remember reading about D'Qwell notices the ball funny.

Either way it's hilarious Pats fans using the "but he didn't get any interceptions this year how would he know what the ball is supposed to feel like" excuse like he didn't touch one since he left Cleveland...

We'll know more in the next 24-72 hours I'm sure, but if it turns out what I feel is the case, I'll apologize to Colts since Belichick or Brady probably won't. Believe me, I feel worse right now for winning than you Colts fans do for losing. I'm still hoping there is some logical explanation, but 11 out of 12 balls bad... that only points to cheating. I feel like a fool. I feel like I've been lied to by Belichick and Brady this week, laughing off the report. Not denying anything. Right now I have zero interest in this SB. That's how bad I feel right now. For what it's worth, being a lifelong Patriots fan, if only my vote counted, and all the details prove accurate, I'd vacate the Patriots win and give the Colts the win and the Super Bowl spot. Disgusted in Mass.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/20/7864117/patriots-deflated-footballs-nfl-new-england-bill-belichick

You didn't cheat. No need to apologize.

Probaby draft picks. That'll teach 'em a lesson!

Spend $$ in FA to compensate the draft pick loss

That teams too well built for something as simple as a loss of a draft pick to hurt them. Now if this was the Jags it'd be different cause they need extreme help

Patriots are soundly built to run the AFC long as #12 & The Hoodie are there

There were reports the Colts first noticed it during the Sunday Night Game thus they were tipped off to it going into the playoff game. I highly doubt that this was just done in the two Colts games. I think the Pats have been doing this for a while.

WOW. If they were doing it since then the nfl should throw the hammer down on them. Disgraceful.

Then idk i remember reading about D'Qwell notices the ball funny.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12198323/indianapolis-colts-interception-led-question-whether-new-england-patriots-deflated-balls

"The newspaper, citing a person familiar with background of the matter, reported that Jackson, following his second-quarter interception, gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed it was not fully inflated and informed Indianapolis coach Chuck Pagano."

ABC World News also reported it was the equipment manager tonight as well. 

You would think something has to happen ... because you know the Ravens are blowing up Goodell's phone as well.

say they cheat ravens as well , why said ravens get a draft pick same as the colts. take at lest first and second draft picks and maybe  3rd .

The very idea that my life-long love, my beloved Colts, were eliminated from title contention by a team that was actively cheating in order to gain a competitive advantage. I'm furious, just blown away furious that I sat here earlier today defending this Patriots team, complimenting them for their brilliance. 

What else did they do? Is this the only thing they did to cheat against us? 

WOW. If they were doing it since then the nfl should throw the hammer down on them. Disgraceful.

Here's the problem while the Pats have forfeited the benefit of the doubt when it comes to cheating that pretty much applies to public opinion.  To punish them you need physical evidence and the league only has proof from the AFCCG. 

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12198323/indianapolis-colts-interception-led-question-whether-new-england-patriots-deflated-balls

"The newspaper, citing a person familiar with background of the matter, reported that Jackson, following his second-quarter interception, gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed it was not fully inflated and informed Indianapolis coach Chuck Pagano."

There's a lot of people very angry about this. Surely goodell does more than just a stupid fine. I guess we will find out soon.

There's a lot of people very angry about this. Surely goodell does more than just a stupid fine. I guess we will find out soon.

It all depends on the outrage that comes from this across the board.  Also, several people thought they might find a ball or two.  I don't think most people thought they would find 11 of 12.  That might change things. 

Even better..... Every pick they have in the 2015 NFL Draft given to the :colts:

Imagine the trades we could pull off on draft day, the players we could draft!!!!

:yahoo:

I just read the Bob K. twitter about that and it says that D'Qwell didn't notice but then the Colts became suspicious after that, i just don't get it then.

Even better..... Every pick they have in the 2015 NFL Draft given to the :colts:

Imagine the trades we could pull off on draft day, the players we could draft!!!!

:yahoo:

LOL....nice thought, but seriously....they need to clobber the Pats on this one.

Boot Belichick for a year and cancel their entire draft.