Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive line [Merge]

buck_hunter21

Our O Line play has been absolutely beautiful the last two games. Reitz has learned to play T, The coaching staff finally realized Harrison sucks and Holmes has been great. Even Lance Louis has played very well. I'm proud of these guys!!!! We gotta bring that to Foxboro though.

All year long all I heard was the OL is horrible the OL is the reason Luck was turning the ball over etc etc .... sure seems that they have stepped up the last two games.   This post season reminds me a whole lot of the 06 season where we were playing bad D then got on a serious roll come playoff time ....and you all know who we beat in the AFC championship game - right?

I hope we can keep this rolling - Luck has come a long way the last two games - very impressive!

Luck > Manning

Luck > Brady  ??? we shall see!

Lets go Colts!

Amazing what consistency will do for an OL.

Indeed - was amazed that they kept saying this is the first time in 3 months we had the same OL two weeks in a row ....

Love that Luck is utilizing the drop off pass when he doesn't see anything in his first progressions.... 

They did not turn anything around ...  they got HEALTHY.    THEY were VERY good the first half of the season.     THEY were all banged up the second half.   

Reitz coming back was HUGE,    and it shows. .   

And I am so proud of them.      THEY got it done today.

The offensive line has really turned it around against Cincinnati and then again tonight against Denver. If they can can continue this I think we have a better chance than most think against NE. Will be very very tough, but I think we have a punchers shot.

they took a chance, would have been about the same field position as if we punted. I like the calls !!

The difference being that people won't look at this game and know that. They will simply claim Luck throws ints as an argument that he is not good. In 3 years nobody will remember the game, but every time he plays in the post season they will show his TD/Int ratio. 

The difference being that people won't look at this game and know that. They will simply claim Luck throws ints as an argument that he is not good. In 3 years nobody will remember the game, but every time he plays in the post season they will show his TD/Int ratio.

They don't have a special stat for interceptions that don't matter, just like they don't have a special stat for touchdowns once the game is pretty much won.

It's not like Luck is on a steak of not throwing picks.

No, they'll look at it as Luck being outmatched going into a hostile environment in the biggest game of his career against a team stacked at all positions and putting together the game of his career in my opinion...

HUUUUGE shout out to the big boys up front!!! EXCELLENT job!!! I think a big reason were seeing this big improvement in play up front is because of something called CONTINUITY!!! It's something I think a lot of us have kinda lost sight of including me when we look at why we've struggled up front. We have had all sorts of combinations due to injury. Now we finally have a group that's staying healthy and has played a couple games together and look what happens. Run game is still a struggle but we were able to get yards when we needed to. Now lets keep it up and PLEASE stay healthy everyone!!!! I hope we've learned our lesson with NE finally and we come out and give em a fight.

It took them awhile but I think they have found our best line combo.  I don't know what has gotten into Lance Louis but he has become a different player the past two weeks and I like it!  Reitz is doing exactly what you want out of a utility back up lineman.  I hope the Colts keep him this off-season as he's the perfect back up as he can play four of the five spots on the line and if it turns out Gosder's issues are more than just an injury filled season you have another option to go to if you need him.  He reminds me of Charlie Johnson when he was here. 

This is definitely the best combination of guys we've had this year. It's surprising that when all is said and done that it's this unit of particular guys, given 3 of them were slated to be backups even when healthy at some point this year, but the results don't lie. And it's a good thing we found our best unit just in time.

The O Line has clearly been on the same page the past 2 games.  The guys all seem to be getting the calls and know what to do. I cant stress the importance of that. Last week slight pressure from the outside but always a pocket for Luck to step up. This week no sacks and no extreme pressure from the outside or inside. I dont see the Patriots D line being better than the Broncos. The X factor will be Bellichick scheming and adjustments for this game. If the Colts can pick up his stunts and force him to bring an extra man on the blitz, then I see Luck lighting them up.

Cherilus' deal means he can be cut with little penalty going into next season, correct?

Reitz has been immense at RT and earned his spot as our starting right tackle for next season. Louis has improved. Holmes has been dominated physically a little bit but the way they have played as a I don't want the coaches messing with the chemistry.

HUUUUGE shout out to the big boys up front!!! EXCELLENT job!!! I think a big reason were seeing this big improvement in play up front is because of something called CONTINUITY!!! It's something I think a lot of us have kinda lost sight of including me when we look at why we've struggled up front. We have had all sorts of combinations due to injury. Now we finally have a group that's staying healthy and has played a couple games together and look what happens. Run game is still a struggle but we were able to get yards when we needed to. Now lets keep it up and PLEASE stay healthy everyone!!!! I hope we've learned our lesson with NE finally and we come out and give em a fight.

I agree.  Once they decided which players fit best....(Reitz at RT and Louis at LG) then the continuity was the best asset to them.  Great job last night.  

Hopefully, they'll watch lots of NE film and prepare.  

It has been a while when everything worked on both sides of the ball. What a superior performance by "The Team". As a fan I was still on the edge of my seat with 1:30 to go  and when the gun sounded I thought that is not the end of the game but the beginning of a very long, sustained  run of excellence for years to come. The chips are falling in to place so dust off the shelf, here we come!!