Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Really? (AV drug tested after the game) (merge)

csmopar

I know. I'm just saying does the league have any credibility left these days haha

They're allowed to test anyone at any time for any reason, up to a certain amount of times within a certain time frame. I don't see how that speaks to their credibility, or lack thereof.

They're allowed to test anyone at any time for any reason, up to a certain amount of times within a certain time frame. I don't see how that speaks to their credibility, or lack thereof.

I was referring to the use of the word "random". I just find it comical is all

Every time Adam kicks they go on an on about how old he is.  I was texting with my daughter who was at the game and commented on how they keep talking about how old he is.......and he was winning the game for us.

She said, "Yeah, he just had a bday last week.....I think he was like a100 or something" :lol:

I'm sure his superhero performance tripped with drug test.  Fine

Thing I have an issue with is the article that says

Adam Vinatieri may be considered one of the best of all time, but he's never been known for having a particularly strong leg

So now, he may be the best of all time but he's old and he's always had a 'not particularly strong leg'

Seriously? How is that even possible?

So now, he may be the best of all time but he's old and he's always had a 'not particularly strong leg'

I guess it's technically possible. Maybe a guy is super accurate, but struggles on kicks of distance, or in weather, or whatever. But it's not true about AV. Even as he's had a couple of not great years, he's still been good enough on long kicks. Many of his misses have been off to the left or right, but plenty long enough. I don't know why anyone would say AV doesn't have a strong leg.

There is no way on planet earth that he returns a positive test.  No way he would risk his hall of fame status, family embarassement, Colts teammates embarassement, playoffs and the list goes on and on.  McAffee was just kidding around posting that notice.  AV will pass it with flying colors. Matter of fact his drug score will be -53, and we'll just call it even.

OK.....    we have some very funny responses in this thread.

For my money,  Adonis and his quip of:    "who is his cup holder?"   wins the prize!     That's Laugh Out Loud funny!!

But, really,  this is pure coincidence.   I don't think the NFL saw a 53-yard field goal and some exec in New York said... "test that guy!"

It's not part of the NFL's anti-Colts conspiracy that some here think exists....

It's just another day in the NFL.....  nothing more.

I guess it's technically possible. Maybe a guy is super accurate, but struggles on kicks of distance, or in weather, or whatever. But it's not true about AV. Even as he's had a couple of not great years, he's still been good enough on long kicks. Many of his misses have been off to the left or right, but plenty long enough. I don't know why anyone would say AV doesn't have a strong leg.

That thought goes back to 2006 when the Pats did not resign him. One of the main reasons they let him go was because his kick-offs were getting shorter and shorter. This was before they moved the line up. And you know how much Bill values roster spots so he did not want to have an additional roster spot taken for someone else to do kick-offs.

In terms of Adam's leg, he is not Sebass but as you say, on long FGs he always seems to have plenty of leg so not sure why that notion still swirls around.

Every time Adam kicks they go on an on about how old he is.  I was texting with my daughter who was at the game and commented on how they keep talking about how old he is.......and he was winning the game for us.

She said, "Yeah, he just had a bday last week.....I think he was like a100 or something" :lol:

I'm sure his superhero performance tripped with drug test.  Fine

Thing I have an issue with is the article that says

Maybe they just say that because we let boomstick handle the kickoffs which is I guess somewhat unorthodox.  But AV has hit plenty from beyond 50 with extra leg to spare, so I don't think you could say his leg is weak.