Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts claim Shaun Phillips (Merge)

lennymoore24

I love that our fan base gets so fired up about waiver wire pickups. He wasn't picked up to be a starter guys.......and we lost Victor Butler who has a grand total of two tackles this season. This isn't a make or break the season move. The was simply adding a player who can make spot contributions.

.............. It's a need. We have no pass rush! Take what you can get

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pick up,,,,,,,,,,,,,ALTHOUGH THE NICE FA PICK UPS SHOULD OF COME AT THE beginning of the summer,,,,,,,,,,Aquib Talib,Revis,TJ Ward,D.Ware,,,,,,,,,etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,These 2nd rate pick ups are for 2nd rate teams,Colts aren't on verge of Superbowl,,,,,,,,,were a few years from that from the elite teams,,,,,,,,,,We have way to many holes,,,,,,,,,,and way to many guys who are paid well and can't play when it comes to top elite competition ie.) Patriots,Denver,Steelers,,,,,,,,,,

.............. It's a need. We have no pass rush! Take what you can get

I fully agree that its a need......trying to figure out why people get so heated about it in this thread. They act like there is a better alternative available.

I'm still ripping my hair out that won't at least bring Incognito in for a workout.

Nice pick up,,,,,,,,,,,,,ALTHOUGH THE NICE FA PICK UPS SHOULD OF COME AT THE beginning of the summer,,,,,,,,,,Aquib Talib,Revis,TJ Ward,D.Ware,,,,,,,,,etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,These 2nd rate pick ups are for 2nd rate teams,Colts aren't on verge of Superbowl,,,,,,,,,were a few years from that from the elite teams,,,,,,,,,,We have way to many holes,,,,,,,,,,and way to many guys who are paid well and can't play when it comes to top elite competition ie.) Patriots,Denver,Steelers,,,,,,,,,,

And in 2-3 years when the QB's from Denver and NE have retired and they are in salary cap hell and have to dump all the aforementioned guys, the Colts could be sitting just fine in comparsion. You can't load up in the FA market every year and get away scott free.

He made his presence well known in Denver when Von Miller was out. Why do you think he's done Dustin? I'm curious. 

I respect your opinion. I'm not slamming you BTW. Just enlighten me with your thought process here. That's all I ask. 

To DUstin, Lets say he is done. I would love to have him mentor the other young players or players in general. Its a win/win situation. Just like signing Matt Hasselbeck.

And in 2-3 years when the QB's from Denver and NE have retired and they are in salary cap hell and have to dump all the aforementioned guys, the Colts could be sitting just fine in comparsion. You can't load up in the FA market every year and get away scott free.

There was too many holes to fill in.  If you go back to the 3 SB teams for the Patriots, they did essentially what we did.  Bellcheat found some mid-level free agents that fit his system.  You can go out and sign 3 impact players, but then the rest of your team are scrubs.

Yeah..... Grigson does improve the team..... But then the coaches turn right around and destroy it

Grigson & Irsay sign the checks, but the coaches decide who plays & who doesn't

Is that why the Colts went 11-5, 11-5 and lead their division now? That's after a total rebuild in 2 years. I would like your examples of how the coaching staff has destroyed the Colts.

Probably not. He was too busy drafting all-pro calliber edge rushers, runningbacks, WRs, TEs, safties, ect...

?? IMO he was very good at jumping on Mannings back and riding him for all he was worth. How many super bowls with the Colts? How many playoff losses with the Colts? Kinda says it all I think.

I fully agree that its a need......trying to figure out why people get so heated about it in this thread. They act like there is a better alternative available.

I'm still ripping my hair out that won't at least bring Incognito in for a workout.

Don't need Richie. The answer to the oline is the line from week 1 that made us the #1 offense but our genius coaches would rather run a rookie C project and jeopardize the health of our Franchise QB

Let's see what happens in the playoffs we have played well against good competition you choose to pick the games we didn't. Hate all you want.

You can't just go buy a team Grig's is building the right way FA is over paying for players you can't maintain a quality team like that. Salary Cap 101. How was Grig's supposed to know Mathis would blow up his Achilles during his suspension? You add Mathis to the D we are talking about a different animal.

IMO he'll be our Rob Morris of 2006.

Now that would be awesome! Rob came back at sam and just blew up. Was great seein him redeem himself.

It's not how we start, but how we finish the season. We finish with a full head of steam going into the playoffs anything can happen.