Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well shouldve saw that coming

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

I think we got too high on ourselves as a team... 5 straight wins and defense dominated we got a little too confident, but its the regular season, we are still a damn good team and superbowl contenders. We have faults as a team yes, but every team in the league does, onto the Giants, lets get to 6-3. GO COLTS!

See any improvement since last year? NO

You're not seeing any improvement over last year?     Seriously?

I don't know where you live but clearly you're not able to watch Colts games.     That's a shame.

Even with today's disaster, it's clear this year's team is better than last year's.    Even if we finish with the same 11-5 record, which I'm expecting at this point.

This is a better team.    And it's not hard to see.

Hope you get to start seeing Colt's games soon....    they're a fun team to watch!      :thmup:

It's one game.

No one saw that good old fashioned country whippin' KC put on the Patriots a few weeks back either....and then proceeded to bury the Pats.

The year we won the Super Bowl...just 5 weeks or so earlier, MJD and Fred Taylor gashed us mercilessly for 375 yards on the ground, supposedly the final shame for that defense and a serious blow to our playoff expectations.

Even the best of NFL teams have a regular season stinker or two somewhere along the line. It's one game....and as bad as it was, we were STILL a bounce or two from actually pulling it out.

If I were Pagano....I'd burn the tape and, to borrow a phrase...."move on to the Giants".

It's one game.

No one saw that good old fashioned country whippin' KC put on the Patriots a few weeks back either....and then proceeded to bury the Pats.

The year we won the Super Bowl...just 5 weeks or so earlier, MJD and Fred Taylor gashed us mercilessly for 375 yards on the ground, supposedly the final shame for that defense and a serious blow to our playoff expectations.

Even the best of NFL teams have a regular season stinker or two somewhere along the line. It's one game....and as bad as it was, we were STILL a bounce or two from actually pulling it out.

If I were Pagano....I'd burn the tape and, to borrow a phrase...."move on to the Giants".

I wouldn't burn the tape. Lots of teachable moments. I would, however, burn the pages of the defensive playbook that include that awful zone coverage that was getting gashed.

Also, last year the ILBs were the weak link of the defense (it was about this time of the season that they were getting abused at San Diego). Doesn't look to have changed, as we're still vulnerable up the middle of the field. And that's particularly problematic when the pass rush is ineffective.

If nothing else, this game tape is going to be useful for personnel evaluation. We need to be better up the middle. ILB and strong safety play has to improve. And penetration would be nice, also.

I wouldn't burn the tape. Lots of teachable moments. I would, however, burn the pages of the defensive playbook that include that awful zone coverage that was getting gashed.

Also, last year the ILBs were the weak link of the defense (it was about this time of the season that they were getting abused at San Diego). Doesn't look to have changed, as we're still vulnerable up the middle of the field. And that's particularly problematic when the pass rush is ineffective.

If nothing else, this game tape is going to be useful for personnel evaluation. We need to be better up the middle. ILB and strong safety play has to improve. And penetration would be nice, also.

i didn't understand the zone, that's not what they are and its not like what they are hasn't been working. I think the coaches got too cute with the game plan on defense.

I admit I thought this was going to be a tough game.  The Steelers have a few things I knew were going to hurt us.  In watching all the Colts games this year, I found that teams are most successful when blitzing up the middle.  For whatever reason the Colts don't react to that well.  It could be they have longer routes running and no outlet pass.  So I knew the Steelers would do that. Secondly, they are a very physical team.  They basically manhandled us on both sides of the ball.  And finally, Big Ben gets away from tacklers and makes big plays.  I expected the Colts wouldn't have much of a pass rush because I think that is who we really are.  The last few weeks things have went out way.  The Bengals receivers dropped passes.  Or penalties.  Or maybe it was the guys just more hyped.  But I just felt we really don't have a pass rush.

I think we will rebound fine and still win the division. However, I think we are going to have a problem with offenses that throw quick, decisive passes with a good QB like the Patriots or Saints if we met in SB.  Or the Packers.  And defensively, I am sure you will see more blitzes up the middle.  

I still want to know how we made a really bad Steelers team look like they came out of a time machine from 2004. 

They aren't really bad, first of all.

Second, they had a whale of a game on offense, and we made too many mistakes. This is also the first game this year where I have a major issue with the coaching. I'm going to rewatch and talk about that more later, but overall, it was just a poor effort from us, and probably the best game of the year for them.

I've been telling people all week not to over look Pittsburgh at home.

We were out coached, out played and out smarted.

And we got whooped.

maybe now  pagano stops giving players off time after a win till the middle of next week..

steelers had a monday night game, a short week, and we don't take advantage of that, start practicing on wednesday?! smh...

hope they learn from this, and take every opportunity they get to get better moving forward...

What? Getting dominated by a terrible Steelers team? Who would have thought that coming in given how this season has gone. We seem to have a few of games every year where we are not ready to play. I don't get it but Pagano has some explaining to do.

I would rather he take some proactive measures than explain why he didn't.