Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well shouldve saw that coming

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

maybe now  pagano stops giving players off time after a win till the middle of next week..

steelers had a monday night game, a short week, and we don't take advantage of that, start practicing on wednesday?! smh...

hope they learn from this, and take every opportunity they get to get better moving forward...

You're right. We treat our players like its elementary school.

I wonder if Pagano gives our guys nap time as well

You're right. We treat our players like its elementary school.

I wonder if Pagano gives our guys nap time as well

And this is in a league, where thanks to an insanely-limiting CBA - the teams don't spend nearly enough time working on the little things.  Yay, union.

I didn't expect to lose to a mediocre team after dominating for 5 straight weeks. I didn't see it coming at all.

i knew it would be high scoring and a major challenge.  Didn't know we would make Ben's career.  Heard he was tickled after the game that it came against the Colts.  He must have a real craw in his gut for us.  This game reminded me to days way back where the defense was horrible, back to the Barry Krause days.

To me the way the Steelers played, I don't think any team would've won at Heinz Field yesterday.  They looked a whole lot different than they have.  They looked fast yesterday.  The Steelers played about as well as you can despite the two turnovers.

What amazes me is that we had a chance to put some serious pressure on them by tying the game late in the 4th.  After going 5 games without adversity, its kind of nice to have some.  Just wish we could've pulled it out.

I kinda had a feeling that the D would get worked. Not to the tune of 51 points though. Can't really say the D has looked good against quality teams so far this season. Whitehurst, Fitzpatrick, Bortles, Dalton without his better half. At least the D takes care of lesser competition.

I guess this makes the Bmore game somewhat of an aberration. 

Winning on the road is tough. The Giants won't be any easier.

They aren't really bad, first of all.

Second, they had a whale of a game on offense, and we made too many mistakes. This is also the first game this year where I have a major issue with the coaching. I'm going to rewatch and talk about that more later, but overall, it was just a poor effort from us, and probably the best game of the year for them.

I noticed a lot from the secondary. Toler getting toasted, and Butler looks so rusty out there. I don't think we pressured Ben as much as we could've that with the OL he is behind now. 

I wasn't too happy about the defensive scheme either. I hope this is the only game we'll look this terrible, adjust and come back.

yeah, you could really see how frustrated he was.. i was waiting to see him lash out on gosder on the sidelines, but i guess that's not who luck is..

andrew played a hellova game, all things considered...

Luck did, considering all.  But that Pick 6 down 14- 3 really hurt. Can't escape that.

Luck did, considering all. But that Pick 6 down 14- 3 really hurt. Can't escape that.

Oh, no, don't get me wrong, that thing gave me flash backs of the patriots divisional playoff loss, he still throws some bone headed passes, but with the amount of passes he attempts, he's due a couple of those..

It goess both ways.. it's easy to say "he should just throw that one away", "live to fight another down", but if he did so, he wouldn't be making so many big plays he does, all the plays and amazing throws he makes under presure (which is rather constant)..

I'm just amazed with his play, cause let's be honest, if it weren't for him and the way he plays, the colts wouldn't be even near in games like this...

BTW, my icon is the remarkable #20, Albert Bentley - who consistently, far out-performed his (supposed) talent level (as did Dominic Rhodes after him).

I still remember one time on Sportscenter - after a Colts win, when the broadcaster -- describing the game with Eric Dickerson (who was described as a "Rolls-Royce") out with an injury: "What do you do when you don't have your Rolls-Royce? You go to your Bentley!"

You're not seeing any improvement over last year?     Seriously?

I don't know where you live but clearly you're not able to watch Colts games.     That's a shame.

Even with today's disaster, it's clear this year's team is better than last year's.    Even if we finish with the same 11-5 record, which I'm expecting at this point.

This is a better team.    And it's not hard to see.

Hope you get to start seeing Colt's games soon....    they're a fun team to watch!      :thmup:

we wont be 11-5

Wheres the improvement? We are playing an easier schedule

What are you basing this off, preason Strength of Schedule? Much like the best battle plans, s.o.s goes out the window after the first shots are fired.

When you look at how quickly teams improve/regress between seasons now, it's of little value.

Going off current season form we've already had tough games against Philly and Denver, have got to play the AFC North who across the division are above .500, the Patriots and of course the phoenix like Cowboys. Take the AFC South out of it and I'm not so sure it's all that easy a schedule.

we wont be 11-5

Great!

Since you know this already,  you could do everyone here a favor......

Every week you can post a thread with your prediction.    Will the Colts win or lose by the all knowing relkins!

That would save a lot of people who have anxiety over wins and losses a great deal of angst.    Consider it a public service on your part.

And can start with next Monday night.

Colts vs. Giants.     Who ya got?

i didn't understand the zone, that's not what they are and its not like what they are hasn't been working. I think the coaches got too cute with the game plan on defense.

I'm sure the extra zone coverage was due to losing Davis and butler possibly not being 100%. Same thing happened last year when toler went down. We didn't have the 2 capable press man guys on the outside and had to go to more zone coverage.

Hopefully the vontae injury isn't serious because we really need him back out there.

For the record I also don't think toler was as bad as some are saying. There were several times he had very good coverage but was still beaten by perfect execution from Ben and the wr